Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reiff is a Bengal
(03-19-2021, 12:06 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’d rather have a dominant run game with a stud line than a lethal passing game with an OK offensive line

Seems like people here would rather have the latter. Idk why

Draft o-lineman round 1 to help the running game and protection.

Burrow can make stuff happen with Higgins and Boyd. Cincy may even draft a 2nd round WR

I agree with you. This team needs to shift the identity from 50 pass attempts to 30 run attempts a game. Burrow can make due with Boyd Higgins and other guys. Build the offense around protecting Burrow and stronger run game. The formula that we used against the Steelers essentially.

Only concern is our D needs to get a lot better.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:19 AM)TJ528 Wrote: Again, my question is why do we trust this organization to draft OL?  lol 

They so far have 2 maybe's since 2017 of being quality offensive lineman.  

You could almost do better by throwing a dart at the board and choosing your draft that way. 

Until this past draft, a lot of them have been bad since that one. But yeah, OL has been particularly bad since 2015.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:04 PM)Takedown Wrote: Dude... If we sign GollaDEY and draft Pitts.. Its over. And yes OG in Round 2.

That would be quite the stable of weapons. 

I've been for drafting Sewell but you have me thinking. Just have to wait & see how how the rest of FA plays out.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:06 AM)BurnsBengal Wrote:
Quote:Quote:Albert Breer

@AlbertBreer
·
6m
Riley Reiff went to dinner last night with Bengals QB Joe Burrow, DE Sam Hubbard, coach Zac Taylor, OC Brian Callahan and OL coach Frank Pollack. Obviously things went well.

Should provide exactly what Burrow needs coming off the ACL.

The big guns.  Sam Hubbard is either one personable SOB or he really wanted a free meal.

Trey Hendrickson was on GMFB today and said he had dinner with the coaches last night. I wonder if they were all at Jeff Ruby's.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:49 AM)pally Wrote:

Great, this guy is suppose to be an Andrew Whitworth type in that he is a great run blocker who also allows almost no sacks of QB, and has been a team captain leader. Bengals make it clear they are thinking Williams at Left Tackle, Reiff at Right Tackle. 

I say there is no way Bengals draft Sewell and pay him Top 5 Pick money.  Not after shelling out for Reiff who does not come cheap.  I say look for Bengals to draft Linebacker OR with Green and Ross gone, Bengals could draft either Chase or DeVonte Smith to add to Boyd and Higgins at WR.  Either Chase or Smith SEC Stars would be welcome additions and better than this Free Agent who looks to be going to another NFL team anyway. 

I doubt Mike Brown will go guard or center at pick 5.  It is also too high for a Tight End unless this guy is Gronk or Kelce, which I doubt.  Pick 5 is a good spot for a LB, but only IF he is Top Pick worthy.  Pick 5 is a great place to get a WR, and Heisman Smith who dominated SEC and Ohio State in Championship OR Chase who also dominated SEC and was part of Burrow Championship, Either of those 2 would be welcome additions to Bengals at Pick 5 in Round 1. 

The Tackles are Williams and Reiff, take Sewell off the Bengals Draft Board.  I predict Bengals are going WR at pick 5 and it will be one of these SEC Super Stars. to replace Green & Ross and add to Boyd and Higgins for 3 solid receivers to attack defenses with and give Burrow his much needed targets. With these 3, just drop back and hit the open man like basketball, which Paul Brown loved at Cleveland and Cincinnati as Paul Brown was accused of turning football into basketball in 1950. Bengals added Verser and Collinsworth to Isaac Curtis and all those WR's took us to Super Bowl, so it has worked. You add Chase OR Smith to Boyd and Higgins and it should win many more games.

Yep, good chance Pick 5 will be an SEC WR to Bengals. There are 2 good ones from SEC slated to go near the top. 2 Championship winning WR's.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
This is an exciting pick. For a number of reasons.

First off, our pass protection just got a LOT better. Reiff is a much better pass protector than Hart (who has been released).

Second, the draft is wide open. Anything is possible. Sewell, Chase, Pitts, trade down (Slater?). I do not think Reiff takes Sewell or Slater off the board. He is 32. It is not like OT is locked down for a decade. He is not a dominant run blocker (Hart is better). And while Jonah was good, he was not great. And he got hurt. Again.

But, OT is not a glaring need now. We can go playmaker or even trade down for more picks. As much as we fantasize about 4 QBs going in front of us, that is unlikely. One (or more) of Sewell, Chase, or Pitts will likely be gone before we pick. But Sewell getting picked does not devastate us or force us to reach for Slater now. One (or likely two) of Sewell, Chase, & Pitts will be there.

3) If Golladay signs, it is even more wide open.
-----------------

For the moment:
QB: Burrow; Allen
RB: Mixon; Bernard, Perine
WR1: Boyd; Thomas
WR2: Higgins
WR3: Tate
TE: Uzomah; Sample; Schreck
LT: Williams; F. Johnson
LG: Jordan
C: Hopkins; Price
RG: XSF;
RT: Reiff; Akeniji (OG too)

WR, OG, and TE are the problem spots. Golladay would slot in as WR1 and let Boyd/Higgins be the #2/#3 guys. The draft also offers Chase, Smith, and Waddle.

Uzomah is passable if he can return healthy. A big IF. Pitts wouldbe a big upgrade there.

Jordan as a starting G is unacceptable. Either draft Sewell or Slater and move someone inside (Williams, Reiff, or the pick), pick a stud OG at top of round 2, or sign a starter level OG in FA. Though I do not know if there is one left at this point. Also, I think Sutherland is the only other natural OG on the roster. We need 2 OGs. At least.

Defense looks OK but is thin. LB and depth everywhere.

DE: Hendrickson; Kareem
DT: Reader; Tupou
DT: Atkins; Ogunjobi; Wren
DE: Hubbard;????
LB: Pratt; Bailey
LB: L. Wilson; ADG
CB1: Waynes; Phillips
CB2: Awuzie; Brown
CB3: Hilton; Davis
SS: Bell; ???
FS: Bates, B. Wilson

I am sure I forgot a couple guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:32 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: That would be quite the stable of weapons. 

I've been for drafting Sewell but you have me thinking. Just have to wait & see how how the rest of FA plays out.

This is what I'm hoping for as well. 

However, we have to still sign an OG in free agency and a wide receiver.  

I'd rather have Chase and Galloday myself. 
Reply/Quote
Well, Geno cut. Makes me sad, though not unexpected.

Ogunjobi the starter now.
Reply/Quote
Golladay isn't coming here and now neither is Sewell.....I'll tell you who is coming here, Chase or DeVonte Smith, SEC Super Star Receivers. One of them is coming. Burrow will have Blocking and Boyd, Higgins and either Chase or DeVonte Smith to throw to and hit the open man like basketball. We are going to move the ball up the field and win games Boys and Girls. An improved Defense, Improved Blocking. Now we get a top SEC WR, this is where you hold them by the nose and kick them in the rear end. We are going to win games here. WE ARE GOING TO WIN GAMES HERE. About Time.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Very happy with this signing and the news that Hart has gone
Reply/Quote
There are still options and this is day 2 of FA....Tackles are set, Hopkins is on schedule for opening day and should be better if some help is added or improvements made....Adenji is listed as OG on the roster, XSF is sill here, Spain could be re-signed reasonably, there are still FA OGs available and then the draft...Chill out
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 11:04 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: That was a huge reach for a pun haha.

I thought this was where the Blackburns were vacationing instead of the Alps.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:08 PM)kevin Wrote: Golladay isn't coming here and now neither is Sewell.....I'll tell you who is coming here, Chase or DeVonte Smith, SEC Super Star Receivers.  One of them is coming. Burrow will have Blocking and Boyd, Higgins and either Chase or DeVonte Smith to throw to and hit the open man like basketball. We are going to move the ball up the field and win games Boys and Girls.  An improved Defense, Improved Blocking. Now we get a top SEC WR, this is where you hold them by the nose and kick them in the rear end. We are going to win games here. WE ARE GOING TO WIN GAMES HERE.  About Time.

I understand your thinking on this. It isn't wrong, but..... Here's what I see; Sewell in rd 1, then Marshall or Bateman in rd 2. Glad to see them bring in Reiff, though.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 01:08 PM)kevin Wrote: Golladay isn't coming here and now neither is Sewell.....I'll tell you who is coming here, Chase or DeVonte Smith, SEC Super Star Receivers.  One of them is coming. Burrow will have Blocking and Boyd, Higgins and either Chase or DeVonte Smith to throw to and hit the open man like basketball. We are going to move the ball up the field and win games Boys and Girls.  An improved Defense, Improved Blocking. Now we get a top SEC WR, this is where you hold them by the nose and kick them in the rear end. We are going to win games here. WE ARE GOING TO WIN GAMES HERE.  About Time.

This is just absurd to think Sewell is off the board because they signed a stopgap RT nearing the end of his career. 
Reply/Quote

If you think Sewell is off the board by this signing then the logical choice becomes Slater who can become a dominate G.

This love of Pitts and Chase and insert WR name here, is madness when Michael Jordan is still listed as a starting G... 

Drafting Pitts or Chase and skipping on Sewell or Slater is like buying a brand new Ferrari and then remembering you don't own a garage or even a house.

Build smart, stop building backwards.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Don't know if anyone mentioned this but they call him The Great Barrier Reiff!

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

I'm loving this team's potential!
Reply/Quote
https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2021/3/19/22340264/nfl-draft-rumors-kyle-pitts-falcons-eagles-philadelphia-jamarr-chase-wide-receiver-quarterback-nfl
The author of this article says that Reiff signed a 1 year deal. I don't know if this is accurate or where he got his info but that is what it says.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 10:51 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Yeah lol

Was fearing the past days, Sapp, Rodgers, Whitner all last night. Great to hear. Rock On
Reply/Quote
1 year contract definitely leaves the door open for Sewell

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 04:03 PM)pally Wrote: 1 year contract definitely leaves the door open for Sewell

I agree a one year deal shouldn’t impact their long term plans.
Reply/Quote