Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reiff will play RT
I would be shocked if this deal had any impact on who they draft at 5. If Sewell is there they take him end of story.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:12 PM)kalibengal Wrote: If we actually land GollaDEY, the choices open up considerably in Draft. ....and if this plays out, Pitts is my guy.
we would have Pitts, GollaDEY, Boyd and T-Higgie on field along with Mixon.   Thats sounds damn good to me.   

If we sign Golladay; I'm immediately moving Micah Parsons to the top of my wishlist. We've only got 1 football
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pass rush up the middle.

Indeed. If the season started this weekend, it'd be XSF, Price, and Jordan as the starting IOL.  Sick
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:09 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I actually think the opposite is more likely. They’ll take a playmaker at 5 (Pitts or Chase) and hit OG, DL in the 2nd and 3rd.

That was another thought I had too. Instead of pigeon holing on one guy they can open up the whole draft and take the best playmaker available. But at least now if the guy they really like isn’t there they have a few options.

Imagine if they sign Golladay?
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Pass rush up the middle.

Yeah it could be, but Burrow carved teams up all season despite how bad we blocked for him. He was setting records. I have faith that we will address that issue though, and way more faith in Pollack than Turner to lead a good OL and know who plays what best. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:16 PM)J24 Wrote: I would be shocked if this deal had any impact on who they draft at 5. If Sewell is there they take him end of story.

At minimum, Reiff opens up the board a lot. No longer is it OT-or-bust at 5.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Call me crazy, but I'd still take Sewell and bump over the almost-bust we have currently occupying LT.

I'm tired of playing around with the o-line. You have a prime opportunity to fix it, so fix it. Stop being distracted by shiny toys like 1990's era Mike Brown.

How in the world is Jonah even close to a bust? The injuries two years in a row are slightly concerning at this point, but he looked pretty good in the games he did play.

Reply/Quote
I would love to see a trade for Ertz, then still take Sewell if he is there, if not Pitts.

Could you imagine Burrow having Pitts, Ertz, Higgins, Boyd and Mixon out of the backfield?

There are plenty of options at WR out there as well either in FA or in the draft round 3 to 5.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:17 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Indeed. If the season started this weekend, it'd be XSF, Price, and Jordan as the starting IOL.  Sick

The season doe not start today, in fact almost 6 months which is an eternity if NFL roster terms.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How in the world is Jonah even close to a bust? The injuries two years in a row are slightly concerning at this point, but he looked pretty good in the games he did play.

I dont think anyone is calling Jonah a bust.  However, you bring in a known commodity in Rieff to play LT.  

Put Jonah at RT because quite honestly once Reiff contracts up switch Jonah back to LT or draft a new LT.  

Play to your strengths.  Williams has played 10 games in 2 season.  The guy needs to prove he can stay healthy.  

If your only going to play 10 games a season in the NFL, then I dont want you as my starting LT.  

This season is a prove it season for Jonah as far as can he keep improving and can he stay healthy.  

I truthfully think for going into his 3rd season he's still behind the 8 ball because of injuries.  

I still put Reiff at LT move Williams to RT and at least you have your bookend tackles for the next 2-3 seasons. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:25 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I dont think anyone is calling Jonah a bust.  However, you bring in a known commodity in Rieff to play LT.  

Put Jonah at RT because quite honestly once Reiff contracts up switch Jonah back to LT or draft a new LT.  

Play to your strengths.  Williams has played 10 games in 2 season.  The guy needs to prove he can stay healthy.  

If your only going to play 10 games a season in the NFL, then I dont want you as my starting LT.  

This season is a prove it season for Jonah as far as can he keep improving and can he stay healthy.  

I truthfully think for going into his 3rd season he's still behind the 8 ball because of injuries.  

I still put Reiff at LT move Williams to RT and at least you have your bookend tackles for the next 2-3 seasons. 

Did you read the post I quoted? Shake literally said “the almost bust we have at LT.”

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How in the world is Jonah even close to a bust? The injuries two years in a row are slightly concerning at this point, but he looked pretty good in the games he did play.

Slightly? As the kids say nowadays...stop the cap.

And he hardly looked like an absolute stud when he was in.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I’m not that worried because I really believe they will improve the interior of the O line. I think they are taking a G in the second round for sure. Should be able to get a very good one as that is still a pretty high spot for that position.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you read the post I quoted? Shake literally said “the almost bust we have at LT.”

Another injury and he's creeping into bust territory. If he misses another 6 games and posts a "decent" PFF grade, we're still talking a bust IMO.

He has to be better than what we've seen thus far, or it's not ludicrous to say he might wind up a bust. He was the 11th overall pick dude.

Andre Smith was labeled a disappointment for better.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Did you read the post I quoted? Shake literally said “the almost bust we have at LT.”

I'm sorry i missed that.  I'll correct myself...I would never call the guy a bust because you have to play to be a bust.  

When he plays he's an average LT.  When he's hurt he's not getting better.  
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Slightly? As the kids say nowadays...stop the cap.

And he hardly looked like an absolute stud when he was in.

He looked damn good for his first season to me, and his PFF grade was good (70.1) too. Imagine how much better he would have looked had there not been absolute trash next to him a G all season.

Reply/Quote
Chris Tomasson

@christomasson
Bengals are moving Riley Reiff to right tackle. Former #Vikings coach and longtime NFL offensive line coach Mike Tice has been saying for the past year that Reiff is better suited for right than left tackle.

Sounds like (as mentioned already) his best spot is RT.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He looked damn good for his first season to me, and his PFF grade was good (70.1) too. Imagine how much better he would have looked had there not been absolute trash next to him a G all season.

Which just plays more into my point. Take Sewell, bump one of them to guard (I say Jonah), and there won't be trash next to him all season.

If Jonah can stay on the field.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:30 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Another injury and he's creeping into bust territory. If he misses another 6 games and posts a "decent" PFF grade, we're still talking a bust IMO.

He has to be better than what we've seen thus far, or it's not ludicrous to say he might wind up a bust. He was the 11th overall pick dude.

Andre Smith was labeled a disappointment for better.

I'm not ready to put the bust label on him but he's leaning that way a bit. Fingers crossed he turns it around this season.

So very happy they're replacing Hart withy Reiff  Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: How in the world is Jonah even close to a bust? The injuries two years in a row are slightly concerning at this point, but he looked pretty good in the games he did play.

Jonah is a concern right now. Drafting Sewell helps the running game because you can throw him at guard and have a semi-stud offensive line

But also the pick doubles as insurance if Jonah or even Reiff goes down with an injury.

And if Jonah suffers another injury, then the Sewell pick looks even better.
Reply/Quote