Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reiff will play RT
(03-19-2021, 12:18 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Yeah it could be, but Burrow carved teams up all season despite how bad we blocked for him. He was setting records.

He was only setting records because he was leading the league in pass attempts.

Burrow finished the year as the 24th ranked QB in the league by passer rating.

If we talk about our pass defense or TE production many people here consider 24th to be "bottom of the barrel".

Not bashing Burrow.  Just pointing out that he needs protection to flourish.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was only setting records because he was leading the league in pass attempts.

If we talk about our pass defense or TE production many people here consider 24th to be "bottom of the barrel".

He needs weapons to flourish, too. Auden Tate and Drew Sample and their combined 1 TD last season ain’t getting it done.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He needs weapons to flourish, too. Auden Tate and Drew Sample and their combined 1 TD last season ain’t getting it done.

I personally don’t want burrow throwing as many passes as last year. Bengals need a running game.

Gotta draft Sewell and kick him at guard until Jonah or Reiff get nicked up.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I personally don’t want burrow throwing as many passes as last year. Bengals need a running game.

I’m all for drafting Sewell but there’s a good chance he’s not there at 5.

Reply/Quote
Per Ben Baby:

Zac Taylor confirms he has his starting tackles for '21. Jonah Williams at left tackle, Riley Reiff at right tackle. "Both of those guys are going to have great futures for us at those positions."
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
ZT just confirmed Jonah at LT and Riley at RT for 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Per Tyler Dragon, Reiff said he will play Right Tackle.

So don't expect Jonah Williams to be moved there.

Or at least until Jonah goes down with another injury lol 

Hey consider it insurance against Jonah going down.  Until then we only had Adenij playing LT as a back up.

Listen i hope Jonah comes out and plays an All Pro LT this year and plays every snap of all 16 games. 

However, I'm like Missouri....Show me....Show me you can be durable then i'll believe it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:23 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: The season doe not start today, in fact almost 6 months which is an eternity if NFL roster terms.

Obviously. But the point is they need at least two IOL added, at least one starter, if not two. Because this IOL is abysmal in its current state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:42 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I personally don’t want burrow throwing as many passes as last year. Bengals need a running game.

Reiff opens up the draft for them.

They still need offensive line but the early OT is deep and could very well slid to the Bengals at #38. Say a very raw but gifted Jalen Mayfield or the top FCS Tackle/Guard that crushed the Senior Bowl Dillion Radunz. Both of those guys could start out at guard just like Sewell. 

They can hedge bets by also taking one of the Developmental tackles in the 4th or 5th like D'Ante Smith or Josh Ball.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:44 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m all for drafting Sewell but there’s a good chance he’s not there at 5.

Most of the mock drafts I have seen has him available.

But anything could happen.  No guarantee he will be there at all.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:12 PM)kalibengal Wrote: If we actually land GollaDEY, the choices open up considerably in Draft. ....and if this plays out, Pitts is my guy.
we would have Pitts, GollaDEY, Boyd and T-Higgie on field along with Mixon.   Thats sounds damn good to me.   

We still need to solidify the OL for the future. Mix and match FA signings are fine but I want a guy that I know can anchor that side for the next 10 years.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:36 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not ready to put the bust label on him but he's leaning that way a bit. Fingers crossed he turns it around this season.

So very happy they're replacing Hart withy Reiff  Who Dey

Just to be clear, I have high hopes for Jonah. I just think people are looking at Jonah/Reiff bookends and letting themselves think we're all set because people want to go after Pitts or Chase. Pitts is very tempting to me, but with Jonah's injuries, it's tough to say we're "all set".

Also, I personally don't like the look of our interior line still, which is why I'd rather still take Sewell and bump Jonah inside. Maybe it'll help him. Heck, I'd also be okay with starting Sewell at LG for a year or two, and having him as injury insurance for Jonah.

LG is where Whit started his career, so I don't view it as an insult.

I guess we could do worse than drafting Pitts, then nabbing some interior line later on, but if Sewell is there it'd make me cringe to pass on him.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just to be clear, I have high hopes for Jonah. I just think people are looking at Jonah/Rieff bookends and letting themselves think we're all set because people want to go after Pitts or Chase. Pitts is very tempting to me, but with Jonah's injuries, it's tough to say we're "all set".

Also, I personally don't like the look of our interior line still, which is why I'd rather still take Sewell and bump Jonah inside. Maybe it'll help him. Heck, I'd also be okay with starting Sewell at LG for a year or two, and having him as injury insurance for Jonah.

I guess we could do worse than drafting Pitts, then nabbing some interior line later on, but if Sewell is there it'd make me cringe to pass on him.

Passing on Sewell would be extremely difficult. Pitts is the only player I’d even consider doing so for. But I’d be happy with either one honestly. I think Pitts is a tad safer of a pick though. I’d almost guarantee he’s going to be a star.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Slightly? As the kids say nowadays...stop the cap.

And he hardly looked like an absolute stud when he was in.

Injuries are concerning....but I thought he held his own in his first season of action. He also had bad play inside to his right. Really bad most weeks. The kid's a film junky and hard worker that balled out at Bama. I think he'll be ok if he can stay on the field. I'd also wager that he may have played through the injury last season if the team had a shot at the playoffs. As it was, there was no sense in leaving him out there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: At minimum, Reiff opens up the board a lot. No longer is it OT-or-bust at 5.

Reiff is a short term solution; we still  need a long-term solution. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:56 PM)J24 Wrote: Reiff is a short term solution; we still  need a long-term solution. 

I still think we need to draft OL, but how is he short term? You guys act like this guy is 40 years old.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He was only setting records because he was leading the league in pass attempts.

Better protection, will most likely lead to better YPA as well. Plus opening up the running game.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:56 PM)J24 Wrote: Reiff is a short term solution; we still  need a long-term solution. 

Guess it begs the question.  Do you grab a generational playmaker or a generational lineman?

I suppose the argument could be made that they could always draft their long-term solution at RT in the later rounds this year.  Or in the early rounds next year.  Or try their luck again in free agency next year.  

I still think they have to take a Tackle in the draft this year, if for no other reason than security.  Jonah Williams has yet to play a full season healthy.  Two years in a row is a concern.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just to be clear, I have high hopes for Jonah. I just think people are looking at Jonah/Reiff bookends and letting themselves think we're all set because people want to go after Pitts or Chase. Pitts is very tempting to me, but with Jonah's injuries, it's tough to say we're "all set".

I'm absolutely taking Sewell if he's there.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2021, 12:54 PM)Wyche Wrote: Injuries are concerning....but I thought he held his own in his first season of action. He also had bad play inside to his right. Really bad most weeks. The kid's a film junky and hard worker that balled out at Bama. I think he'll be ok if he can stay on the field. I'd also wager that he may have played through the injury last season if the team had a shot at the playoffs. As it was, there was no sense in leaving him out there.

It was a solid first season. I was just saying if that's his ceiling, we'd consider him disappointing. He has to progress both with staying healthy and performance. That's not to say his 2020 performance was bad...I just expect a lot out of the top tackle off the board.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote