Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remember when folks wanted Ryan Mallet drafted?
I'm posting this in JN simply because I feel it does relate to the Bengals and their scouting.

I read this article as I was trying to figure out what happened to the Texans (remember when their defense was considered a solid fantasy choice?)  at the hands of the Dolphins today after seeing a 41-0 score in the second quarter. 

It appears, like with Kaepernick, that the Bengals scouting department went with what was better above the shoulders, and didn't fall in love with a rocket arm. 

I can't say enough how impressive the Bengals have been from a scouting and player development standpoint. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000564601/article/mallett-misses-texans-team-flight-blames-traffic
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
"I got caught in traffic it's not the leadership role I need to exhibit,"

At some point this season has he exhibited leadership ? I guess I missed it.
Reply/Quote
Remember when folks wanted Andrew Luck drafted Ninja

Reply/Quote
Kaepernick is and has always been a product of the system run by the Michigan guy. SF will be in the market for a QB soon enough. I've never been a fan of running QBs coming out of college. They have way too much to learn and because they rarely play under center how can anyone honestly evaluate them for the NFL? Rex Ryan was getting some mileage out of Taylor up in Buffalo, but realistically how long did anyone expect that the continue?

Dalton was clearly the better choice now that he's turned the corner and given the team's draft position in 2011. If it would have been up to Mike Brown we'd have drafted Gabbert and we'd be at square one hoping for the playoffs some day.

The Bengals have been drafting pretty well. There have been some players the team has passed on that have turned out to be excellent NFL players also. We did spend a 2nd round pick on Hunt.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 09:58 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Remember when folks wanted Andrew Luck drafted Ninja

Luck is an excellent QB on a shitty team that can't protect him. And I believe they beat the snot out of us twice last year.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 10:03 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Luck is an excellent QB on a shitty team that can't protect him. And I believe Boom Herron beat the snot out of us last year.

Ninja

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 10:08 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Ninja

Nah, I'm pretty sure they made us look silly from all around. In the first game we could barely make a first freakin' down.

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 10:03 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Luck is an excellent QB on a shitty team that can't protect him. And I believe they beat the snot out of us twice last year.

The inferior team beat the superior team that was ravaged by injuries.

See the previous times Luck has played Cincinnati for proof.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 10:12 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Nah, I'm pretty sure they made us look silly from all around. In the first game we could barely make a first freakin' down.

It's not hard to double team Sanu and stop the run. We had no weapons when we played them last year.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 10:12 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Nah, I'm pretty sure they made us look silly from all around. In the first game we could barely make a first freakin' down.

Hey man i am just messing around. Hence Ninja  Still let's talk about last year. Our offense was wrecked in the playoff game and not really truly there in the season game as well. Our offense doesn't play against Luck. Both games were in Indy. Boom Herron wasn't that far removed from our team and probably gave them some inside info. This year? Some talking heads are actually calling for Hasselbeck to play. Ninja Again, I was just messin. (I think Ninja   )

Reply/Quote
Hey, I'm smarter than those guys. I never wanted Ryan Mallet in the second round, I wanted Blaine Gabbard in the 1st.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hey, I'm smarter than those guys. I never wanted Ryan Mallet in the second round, I wanted Blaine Gabbard in the 1st.

Not sure I could ever root for a fella named Blaine tbh.  His last name isn't much easier either.

Reply/Quote
What about Johnny? Johnny Five? How can you make it through your adult life with a childhood nickname. No wonder he can't grow up.

[Image: j5_and_toronto.jpg]
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Remember that in both Colt games last year we were missing Green, Marvin Jones and Eifert. In the playoffs we also lacked Gresham and Hill was out for most of the second half.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:06 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: What about Johnny? Johnny Five? How can you make it through your adult life with a childhood nickname. No wonder he can't grow up.

Joseph "Joey" Votto
[Image: th?id=OIP.Maefe07c759da3fe141fd981e3bd5d...0&pid=15.1]

Gene "Geno" Atkins Jr
[Image: 996158391a6bcf403fcb3b8763e46d92.jpg]

- - - - -
Nice to meet ya.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I was not a very big Mallett fan, but he had a nice arm. I am sure that if we had drafted him I would have had high hopes.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:33 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Joseph "Joey" Votto
[Image: th?id=OIP.Maefe07c759da3fe141fd981e3bd5d...0&pid=15.1]

Gene "Geno" Atkins Jr
[Image: 996158391a6bcf403fcb3b8763e46d92.jpg]

- - - - -
Nice to meet ya.

Ninja

You're comparing mother ***** Joey Votto and Geno Atkins to Johnny Manziel = lol.

Yeah, Joey is pushing it, but please - Geno is nowhere as childish as JOHNNY. Can you imagine an 80 year old named Johnny? Dude has shown no maturity. He's a twerp/punk with average NFL skills that will literally get him killed if he stays in the league. 

Even Andy is a nickname for Andrew, but it doesn't have the same ring as Johnny. Think Timmy. Timmy Tebow. Timmy probalby dropped his nickname around the same time he was more mature than Johnny, age 6.

Timmy Duncan.
Johnny Elway.
Joey Montana.
Tommy Brady.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: You're comparing mother ***** Joey Votto and Geno Atkins to Johnny Manziel = lol.

Yeah, Joey is pushing it, but please - Geno is nowhere as childish as JOHNNY. Can you imagine an 80 year old named Johnny? Dude has shown no maturity. He's a twerp/punk with average NFL skills that will get him literally killed if he stays in the league. 

Even Andy is a nickname for Andrew, but it doesn't have the same ring as Johnny. Think Timmy. Timmy Tebow. Timmy probalby dropped his nickname around the same time he was more mature than Johnny, age 6.

Timmy Duncan.
Johnny Elway.
Joey Montana.
Tommy Brady.

[Image: benchswing77pf-1.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
How far back in time did you go for that one?

Danny marino.
Jimmy Kelly.
Jimmy connors (HAHA)

I think it's fair to say 90% of men got rid of their baby name as part of become an adult.
Reply/Quote
(10-25-2015, 11:21 PM)Joelist Wrote: Remember that in both Colt games last year we were missing Green, Marvin Jones and Eifert. In the playoffs we also lacked Gresham and Hill was out for most of the second half.

Yea but all Hill does is fumble and dance and all Gresham does is fumble and get false start penalties.  Why didn't we win? Ninja
Reply/Quote