Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jesse Bates Was Just On NFL Network
I'm actually kind of shocked he hasn't been re-signed yet...
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 10:46 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I'm actually kind of shocked he hasn't been re-signed yet...

Yeah, after the postseason he had..........

I'm starting to think maybe he wasn't going as hard in the regular season as he did in the playoffs because he was afraid of getting injured?

On a side note, did anyone else notice that he was kind of looking off to the side of the camera on some answers? It made me think maybe his agent or someone was writing the answers for him to read or had already written some down to maximize his value.

There's nothing wrong with that and I'd do it too if I had millions of dollars possibly on the line, but it just caught my eye that he was looking in a different direction some of the time.
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 03:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah, after the postseason he had..........

I'm starting to think maybe he wasn't going as hard in the regular season as he did in the playoffs because he was afraid of getting injured?

On a side note, did anyone else notice that he was kind of looking off to the side of the camera on some answers? It made me think maybe his agent or someone was writing the answers for him to read or had already written some down to maximize his value.

There's nothing wrong with that and I'd do it too if I had millions of dollars possibly on the line, but it just caught my eye that he was looking in a different direction some of the time.

I think his agent is really pulling Bate’s strings hard
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 04:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I think his agent is really pulling Bate’s strings hard

Same here.

It wouldn't be bad if his agent was just trying to prevent him from saying anything that could hurt him (not saying that Bates is stupid but agents and teams will take any comment and take it out of context to use against the player or team), but I feel like his agent is trying to screw the Bengals and play the game dirty. By the way that Bates looked kind of uncomfortable, I think Bates knows his agent's trying to play dirty but his agents has been all in his ear like "I'm doing this for you..... you deserve a record-breaking contract, you're the GOAT, blah blah blah."

Don't get me wrong because I think that Bates is great, but I just feel like his agent could be taking advantage of him and giving him unrealistic expectations.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 11:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Why do you hate English?

Another stupid response , how is that english?  Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 06:12 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Another stupid response , how is that english?  Hilarious

It wasn't. That's my point.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 07:08 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: It wasn't. That's my point.

If you really want to waste a response on sentence structure or whatever english lesson you like to educate with go right ahead as I  will just continue to actually respond to  topic and post..  Rock On
Reply/Quote
(02-24-2022, 07:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: If you really want to waste a response on sentence structure or whatever english lesson you like to educate with go right ahead as I  will just continue to actually respond to  topic and post..  Rock On

I don't think you're getting how difficult it is to respond to your post when i can't understand what you're saying.

Get it now? I seriously doubt you speak to people in the way you typed that message...so why did you type that message that way? How can anyone have a discussion and "respond to  topic and post" when they can't understand it?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 10:14 PM)Housh Wrote: Bruh...ill never understand why ppl hate athletes that act like regualr humans.

Are you seriously mad that hed be upset that he didnt get a long contract? Hes not a bad person for wanting security.

are you kidding me,any one on planet earth could live like a king on the money he is making now.Most of us live dirt poor and these guys are playing a game and living fat with the best food,medical care and pampered to death.Best homes,top cars  and all the luxuries in the world.They only have to work half of a year.What is not to like about being an NFL player.They make me sick,cry babies.Go live in Urkraine. Cry Cry Cry Cry Try working a real job
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 04:34 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: are you kidding me,any one on planet earth could live like a king on the money he is making now.Most of us live dirt poor and these guys are playing a game and living fat with the best food,medical care and pampered to death.Best homes,top cars  and all the luxuries in the world.They only have to work half of a year.What is not to like about being an NFL player.They make me sick,cry babies.Go live in Urkraine. Cry Cry Cry Cry Try working a real job

Facepalm

Well let’s see - CTE, debilitating injuries that can affect them for the rest of their lives. Sometimes so severely that they can barely get out of bed, or walk without a cane. Not to mention all the time away from their families - unlike people with “real jobs” that get to go home to theirs every single night.

What an ignorant, and ill-informed post.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 04:34 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: are you kidding me,any one on planet earth could live like a king on the money he is making now.Most of us live dirt poor and these guys are playing a game and living fat with the best food,medical care and pampered to death.Best homes,top cars  and all the luxuries in the world.They only have to work half of a year.What is not to like about being an NFL player.They make me sick,cry babies.Go live in Urkraine. Cry Cry Cry Cry Try working a real job

(02-25-2022, 06:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Facepalm

Well let’s see - CTE, debilitating injuries that can affect them for the rest of their lives. Sometimes so severely that they can barely get out of bed, or walk without a cane. Not to mention all the time away from their families - unlike people with “real jobs” that get to go home to theirs every single night.

What an ignorant, and ill-informed post.

There's a middle ground on this one. Athletes don't work half years, it's a full time job year-round with training, but yes, the majority of time spent is during the season and they basically have no life during that time.

Athletes make the big money because they're in the entertainment business. Just like any Hollywood actor, they get some massive paydays because of the money pumped into the system. And just like Hollywood, some actors make bank and some get middling jobs their whole careers, like many players.

And yes, some of these guys end up with lifelong physical ailments that are terrible. And some of them don't. Plenty of miners and manufacturing/physical labor workers have also had physical ailments and diseases after retirement, and did it for many more years than football players and with significantly less compensation.

I guess in the end, they chose this profession. They're in the public eye, they're doing something many dream of doing and can't. I've never liked anyone moaning about their paycheck over beers, and I sure don't want to turn on the tv or my phone and see anyone complaining about making millions, either.

So yes, these guys make the money they do (or are able to) because it's the market. And they do work for it (and suffer for it in plenty of cases). But I also think it's just bad optics for them to complain publicly about what they're making.
Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 06:43 PM)MileHighGrowler Wrote: There's a middle ground on this one. Athletes don't work half years, it's a full time job year-round with training, but yes, the majority of time spent is during the season and they basically have no life during that time.

Athletes make the big money because they're in the entertainment business. Just like any Hollywood actor, they get some massive paydays because of the money pumped into the system. And just like Hollywood, some actors make bank and some get middling jobs their whole careers, like many players.

And yes, some of these guys end up with lifelong physical ailments that are terrible. And some of them don't. Plenty of miners and manufacturing/physical labor workers have also had physical ailments and diseases after retirement, and did it for many more years than football players and with significantly less compensation.

I guess in the end, they chose this profession. They're in the public eye, they're doing something many dream of doing and can't. I've never liked anyone moaning about their paycheck over beers, and I sure don't want to turn on the tv or my phone and see anyone complaining about making millions, either.

So yes, these guys make the money they do (or are able to) because it's the market. And they do work for it (and suffer for it in plenty of cases). But I also think it's just bad optics for them to complain publicly about what they're making.

Wanting the best deal possible doesn’t equal complaining about making millions though. Most of these guys are constantly going on about how blessed they are. But the NFL is one of the most short lived professions in the world. How anyone can begrudge the players for wanting to maximize their paydays while they can is beyond me.

Reply/Quote
(02-25-2022, 06:53 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Wanting the best deal possible doesn’t equal complaining about making millions though. Most of these guys are constantly going on about how blessed they are. But the NFL is one of the most short lived professions in the world. How anyone can begrudge the players for wanting to maximize their paydays while they can is beyond me.

I'm not commenting specifically on Bates in this, btw.  But I begrudge anyone who goes out and publicly complains about their salary.  I don't care what job you're doing.  Be a professional.  If you feel (or are) disrespected, go somewhere else.  It's fine to want the best deal you can get.  I think we all want that.  But it shouldn't be discussed publicly, and some guys do that.  Which I hate. 
Reply/Quote

Wow, it seems like you have a lot of animosity toward athletes that are the absolute best in the world at what they do getting paid their fair market value to risk their health for your entertainment.

Maybe following pro sports just isn't for you?  Have you ever considered supporting community theatre?  Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 06:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We should trade him for Quinton Nelson.

(02-23-2022, 06:46 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And Laremy Tunsil. 

Colts get him on odd weeks and the Texans get him on even weeks.

This would be the way I would want to go about it if we let him go somewhere else.

Loved how Bates played in the Playoffs so want to keep him around for a decent deal if he accepts it. 

But he didn't play near a top Safety in the season.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2022, 11:04 PM)QueenCity Wrote: It's whatever to me either outcome is fine.

Personally I wouldn't give a huge contract to a safety considering our QB was sacked 70 times but that's just me.

However if the Bengals decided to get rid of Mixon to save salary I would love to sign Bates to whatever he wants.

Rock On Agreed
Reply/Quote
i guess he'll get franchised
Reply/Quote