Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reopening Schools
(07-20-2020, 12:08 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I hope they don’t let science stand in the way.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5454168002

We aren't going to let science stand in the way of getting our kids back into science class. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm sure America isn't alone in this but we have some of the DUMBEST people in office.

[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 03:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm sure America isn't alone in this but we have some of the DUMBEST people in office.

Jesus loves the little children, this guy...not so much.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 05:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Jesus loves the little children, this guy...not so much.

Dude looks old enough to asked Him directly.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 03:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: I'm sure America isn't alone in this but we have some of the DUMBEST people in office.

They're going to go home and infect their family, who will then end up in the hospital. They will infect their teachers, who will end up in the hospital after infecting their families who will end up in the hospital.

People are ***** stupid.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 05:32 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They're going to go home and infect their family, who will then end up in the hospital. They will infect their teachers, who will end up in the hospital after infecting their families who will end up in the hospital.

People are ***** stupid.

Total moron.

We had a friend of our son who is 18 who got hospitalized with "pneumonia" after his entire family tested positive for the virus.  He was on oxygen over the weekend and just now I saw he got to come home.  So that's good news.  
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 05:50 PM)GMDino Wrote: Total moron.

We had a friend of our son who is 18 who got hospitalized with "pneumonia" after his entire family tested positive for the virus.  He was on oxygen over the weekend and just now I saw he got to come home.  So that's good news.  

You mean he went to the hospital with a papercut and they have him a bandaid and sent him home before reporting him as 1,385 people who died of covid. 
Reply/Quote
(07-20-2020, 07:34 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You mean he went to the hospital with a papercut and they have him a bandaid and sent him home before reporting him as 1,385 people who died of covid. 

Sometimes I wish the idiots who really believe that were right.  I'd love to find out that this is all a hoax and 140,000 people didn't die in the last four months.

But then I see Trump put out a tweet saying how patriotic he is to wear a mask and I just know it isn't a hoax anymore.  Mellow
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
School board voted tonight to postpone the opening of school by one week. Instead of an option between distance learning and traditional classes, all instruction will be distance learning for first three weeks. Then they will reassess.

Decision made in consultation with medical community based upon three factors: 1) seven day look back shows increased case numbers daily, 2) inpatient and ICU beds throughout the state are almost at capacity and local hospitals have a “few” ICU beds and on the verge of diverting, 3) local Covid 19 positive rate greater than 10%.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2020, 01:12 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: School board voted tonight to postpone the opening of school by one week. Instead of an option between distance learning and traditional classes, all instruction will be distance learning for first three weeks. Then they will reassess.

Decision made in consultation with medical community based upon three factors: 1) seven day look back shows increased case numbers daily, 2) inpatient and ICU beds throughout the state are almost at capacity and local hospitals have a “few” ICU beds and on the verge of diverting, 3) local Covid 19 positive rate greater than 10%.

Our board doesn't even have a plan yet.  They await "guidance" that I know will never come.  Luckily we are done with the school system and are involved with college now but I feel for those who are still trying to plan for their students.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
So we can’t have a Republican convention for the Troll King’s coronation because of Covid 19, but Covid 19 shouldn’t stop kids from going to school according to the Troll King. Except Baron’s school won’t be open.
Reply/Quote
Word just in from Virginia High School League (VHSL): no sports this fall. Winter sports will begin in December and football is moved to spring.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2020, 01:24 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So we can’t have a Republican convention for the Troll King’s coronation because of Covid 19, but Covid 19 shouldn’t stop kids from going to school according to the Troll King. Except Baron’s school won’t be open.

Well you know kids don't get it or spread it (it checks id apparently) except for when they do.

I don't claim to have any expertise on the subject, but I do know that my 4 year old daughter was constantly sick when she started preschool last year... So was I. Then in mid March she stopped getting sick, and so did I. She'd still be in preschool this year, but that was all the info I needed to keep her out for now. I don't care what the American Pediatric Association or whatever says.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote