Poll: Replace or Renovate Paycor Stadium
Replace
Renovate
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Replace or Renovate Paycor Stadium
The stadium is 22 years old this month and is showing signs that it is in need of major renovations
Reply/Quote
The team and the Hamilton County Commission have both said the plan is renovation

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 06:14 PM)BengalsFanInNOKY Wrote: The stadium is 22 years old this month and is showing signs that it is in need of major renovations

Threads about this but that's why they sold the rights to the stadium: to upgrade everything and (likely) so they have money in escrow for guys like Burrow, Chase, and whoever else. 

Here's the thread but upgrades will likely include a betting club, night club, bigger scoreboard, etc.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2022, 06:39 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Threads about this but that's why they sold the rights to the stadium: to upgrade everything and (likely) so they have money in escrow for guys like Burrow, Chase, and whoever else. 

Here's the thread but upgrades will likely include a betting club, night club, bigger scoreboard, etc.

I doubt that naming rights get them that much extra. Probably $10-20 million or so a year. (That's supposedly what the Steelers got.)
Reply/Quote
They are looking to finalize the renovations they showed us in November. I think this is a clear move not to build a new stadium.

If they can extend Paycor Stadium another 15-20 years.. I think tax payers and the city will be happy.

As a fan from Kentucky it isn't my money so obviously I'd prefer a new stadium but you really can't beat the location. Not sure where they would build.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
The OP didn't age well at all in this case...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
They should build it closer to the Cincinnati Airport
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Here's the thread with illustrations from the preliminary renovation proposal.

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Artist-renderings-of-proposed-PBS-renovations

There's not going to be a new stadium for 20 years or more. Some people are still belly-aching about the cost of the current stadium. Ok, maybe if they win four Super Bowls and everyone who dares speak ill of the Brown family gets voted out of county office and fired from the local media.

As it is, there will be more than enough complaining about the costs of a decent renovation.
Reply/Quote
Isn't it a done deal that they're renovating?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Every 10 years...rip the current stadium down and build a new one!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 12:48 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Every 10 years...rip the current stadium down and build a new one!

That's what they do with the team itself...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
The stadium itself is fine. I'm happy they're going the renovation route instead of ripping it down and building a new one. It's crazy the way the NFL is heading with stadium shelf life now. I heard they're thinking about building a new one in Denver too. The league's gone mad with sticking domes on top of everything just to hold a Super Bowl once every 25-30 years.
Reply/Quote
Renovating is what is happening, but I voted replace as I'm old, hate cold weather, and would prefer a dome. My vote is a pipe-dream wish and not reality.
Reply/Quote
For the last 15 years the NFL lived in a ZIRP world where borrowing costs were negligible to any project. So why not build a new stadium?

Those days are ending and I bet many teams go the renovation route because it saves money.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2022, 10:32 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: For the last 15 years the NFL lived in a ZIRP world where borrowing costs were negligible to any project. So why not build a new stadium?

Those days are ending and I bet many teams go the renovation route because it saves money.

The opposite is actually happening. Costs are skyrocketing and teams are looking at it as "If we're going to pay 750 million to renovate, why not just pay 1.5 billion and get a new stadium?"

Buffalo thought about renovating New Era Field, ended up going with a new stadium due to the cost(and it's also a dump, let's be real here.) Tennessee did a huge study on renovating Nissan Stadium, are now going forward with a new domed building instead because reno cost estimates went haywire. Chicago as well are now going to snub renovating Soldier Field and instead are going to put a dome out in the suburbs.
Reply/Quote
We shouldn’t need to build multi-billion dollar stadiums every 20 years. Just build something that can stand the test of time and renovate it.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2022, 11:20 PM)AlphaBengal Wrote: The opposite is actually happening. Costs are skyrocketing and teams are looking at it as "If we're going to pay 750 million to renovate, why not just pay 1.5 billion and get a new stadium?"

Buffalo thought about renovating New Era Field, ended up going with a new stadium due to the cost(and it's also a dump, let's be real here.) Tennessee did a huge study on renovating Nissan Stadium, are now going forward with a new domed building instead because reno cost estimates went haywire. Chicago as well are now going to snub renovating Soldier Field and instead are going to put a dome out in the suburbs.

Not to mention having a covered stadium provides a lot of added benefit, especially if there's a retractable roof.

More concerts can happen with covered stadiums, no chance of delay with bad weather, and it's climate-controlled for comfort. This can make for a very enjoyable fan experience, as not all fans want to be in the freezing cold or sweltering heat for 3+ hours just to watch a game.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The city has approved the new Paycor signage so the bigger signs should be going up next week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote