Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report BB was taping Cincinnati Bengals play calls.
And it keeps getting more interesting at least via unnamed sources.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/12/10/report-patriots-video-focuses-on-bengals-sideline-for-eight-minutes/

Quote:Paul Dehner Jr. of TheAthletic.com reports, citing unnamed sources who have seen the video, that “it shows about eight minutes of footage focusing on recording the Bengals’ sideline,” and that it includes “a direct view of the sideline as players run on and off the field and coaches make signals for plays.”

The whole thing is bizarre given the Patriots history with Spygate. Either they were actually doing something benign by filming some documentary on their scouts or they thought they were being sneaky "filming a documentary about scouts" and using it as an excuse to cheat. I do have a hard time thinking they were trying to cheat against the 1-12 Bengals though. But why take that risk at all filming a documentary like that given their history? Why risk putting the team in a questionable position again for some "Do Your Job" web series/documentary or what ever you want to call it? Innocent or not it seems like a kind of reckless idea given their past.

Anyway at least the Bengals have time to change their signals before the Patriots game. Not that I think it will matter. Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 07:24 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Belicheat.

He is a winner. Everyone else just whines about what he does. I would take the 6 SB's and 'cheater' label from all other fans any day of the week. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 12:33 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: I guess if the Bengals had done this same thing all year, they would be 12-1?

Come on people!

I guess the NFL is going the way of NASCAR, "If you ain't cheating you ain't winning".
Reply/Quote
The NFL punishes lesser people (Shaw indefinite suspension for gambling) who tarnish the "BRAND", but the bigger fish get a slap on the wrist.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 03:03 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: He is a winner. Everyone else just whines about what he does. I would take the 6 SB's and 'cheater' label from all other fans any day of the week. 

No doubt the man is a HOF coach, but him and his organization have a reputation for cheating. I remember spy gate 1.0. There was not a happy member on the Patriots board that I visited during that time. A lot of those fans said they were ready to leave their team due to cheating. I doubt many did, but they admitted guilt on a public forum...

When you're caught cheating multiple times like the Patriots have been, you lose credibility. When you take cheap shots on opposing rivals year after year, you lose respect. When you go into free agency year after year with no plan to improve, you lose a fanbase. There's a fine line between whining and going off of history. The Patriots are known for cheating. The Steelers are dirty. And MB doesn't give a shit.

This is fresh news, it's hardly anyone whining right now. I'm not saying the Patriots didn't earn the 6 SB rings. I'm not saying there aren't haters. What I am saying is, while this is NEWS, and the Patriots do CHEAT, I don't see how anyone is whining? 'Belicheat' is a deserving name for BB like it or not.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 01:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: If indeed it was intentional, it shows you exactly what type of a cheater they are, it's impulsive now and uncontrollable. It's like when people with millions of dollars are caught stealing from the store. Some successful people will do anything to maintain their success. You could probably watch half a quarter of any of our games, then go to the bar and drink the night away and still know exactly how to beat us/stop us.

Then there should be evidence of them cheating in previous games.  Have they filmed that documentary in other stadiums? (I'm not writing "stadia"). Probably not.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This shows a clear and deliberate pattern used by that coach/organization. Now they will use gaslighting to deny everything. O!e Rog better drop a severe hammer blow! His credibility and legacy as commissioner are at stake.
Reply/Quote
I can hear MB now! All staff meeting at Wendys today at noon. We need to sit down and figure out what the hell an advanced scout is. Do we salute them with 3 fingers straight up? Do we wear neckercheifs and a pocket knife?
Reply/Quote
Belichick has admitted the crew was taping the field. He had a ready excuse and denied seeing any of the film but that was the same MO as the first case.

The question will be if the league says their was foul play and it's not looking good for the Patriots what will be the punishment? The first time it was forfeiting their 1st round pick and 500k fine for Belichick...For a second offense will they forfeit their 1st rounder again and possible suspensions for Belichick and Robert Kraft?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
This whole story reminds me of that actor Hugh Grant... I think that was his name.

Anyway... He was married to some other successful actress, who was beautiful, yet he's caught cheating with a jankey *****.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2019, 06:11 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Apparently, the Patriots were filming as part of their "do your job" documentary. They released several parts to this documentary on the internet before.

I'm guessing they were filming Taylor and his staff to show guys not getting it done.

Quote:From a 2015 ESPN article on Spygate, "The videographers also were provided with excuses for what to tell NFL security if asked what they were doing: Tell them you're filming the quarterbacks. Or the kickers. Or footage for a team show."

At best, it's just a pure coincidence that the the Patriots are using the same excuse now that they encouraged their videographers to use more than a decade ago. At worst, it's a red flag that the NFL would likely take into account if they decide to punish the Patriots as a team that already has multiple offenses against league policy.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/illegal-patriots-video-reportedly-shows-bengals-coaching-signals-cameraman-wanted-to-delete-footage/

(12-09-2019, 10:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...we're 1-12. I doubt that the Patriots care about us.

Why would they do it in the press box also? That would be kind of obvious don't you think?

Quote:Although New England admitted that the team's video crew "inappropriately filmed the field from the press box," the Patriots also added that "the sole purpose of the filming was to provide an illustration of an advance scout at work on the road."

If that was the sole purpose of the video, it's hard to imagine why they would need eight straight minutes of film from the Bengals sideline. If they were making a documentary like they said, they could have simply asked the Bengals to shoot the footage for them. Instead, they kept both the Bengals AND the NFL out of the loop when they made the decision to shoot the video.

Fwiw, I doubt Belichick is the type to look past any team, 1-12 or not.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/illegal-patriots-video-reportedly-shows-bengals-coaching-signals-cameraman-wanted-to-delete-footage/
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Just funny that it's always the Patriots caught up in these shenanigans. 3 times busted now, yet many still defend them.

I'm not buying for a second that the Pats just have guys filming and not knowing EXACTLY what they're doing. Especially for a team that went through Spygate.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 08:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Just funny that it's always the Patriots caught up in these shenanigans. 3 times busted now, yet many still defend them.

The fact that they took the Colts out behind the woodshed after the footballs were properly inflated sorta helps their case... But yep. They do seem to be pretty shady.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Either way I doubt anything will happen. Just like the Patriots owner apparently just happened to be at a "massage" parlor and how that has been swept under the rug. Being very rich comes with very good privileges.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Remember when coaches started covering their mouths when they called plays??? Why would that be? Did they get word of things other teams were doing or they would do themselves?

I'm sure this has been happening for a while. Remember, the stakes are high, by that i mean $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.
The Pats were traditionally horrible until Brady and BB got going. Now you can't go anywhere without seeing pats merchandise $$$$$.
I'm starting to think the NFL may become a corporate................. mafia someday and rig the games to maximize profits overall.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 08:48 PM)jason Wrote: The fact that they took the Colts out behind the woodshed after the footballs were properly inflated sorta helps their case... But yep. They do seem to be pretty shady.

Yeah, just because they don't need to doesn't mean they don't...and that was just one of their instances.
Reply/Quote
Imagine being scared of Zac Taylor's Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 09:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah, just because they don't need to doesn't mean they don't...and that was just one of their instances.

Cheaters cheat, even when they seemingly have no reason to.

This thing stinks. I hope we hasten Brady's retirement and send those cheating ***** home with a big, fat L.  **** them. 
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 09:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah, just because they don't need to doesn't mean they don't...and that was just one of their instances.

Have they determined how it was that the spy was noticed?  Admittedly, I haven't read every word of every article on this latest incident, but I'm still curious to know if the Bengals themselves were the ones to take notice, or if an outside source had to bring it to their attention.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2019, 09:31 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Cheaters cheat, even when they seemingly have no reason to.

This thing stinks. They decide they need to film this footage, and of the 31 teams they could film, they coincidentally just happen to choose their very next opponent? Bullshit.

This thing stinks. I hope we hasten Brady's retirement and send those cheating ***** home with a big, fat L.  **** them. 

Good point. I'm not even mad for our team's sake. We were probably losing anyway. I'm just sick of hearing about these things with the Pats. If we've only heard about 3 instances, how many have we not heard about?
Reply/Quote