Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Bengals apparently keeping the "B" logo
B is for Burrow
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 08:12 PM)Trademark Wrote: https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/1/26/22250693/bengals-keep-same-logo-new-uniforms-2021-per-report?fbclid=IwAR3W1Aw0ExuP6KSpoakViBKcvHOlHPDdTkaIh5ModJKhw3-U3fb4qpoh-UY

Trashhhh if so, the B logo is atrocious

stupid. Everyone knows the "B" stands for the family
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:15 PM)bengals67 Wrote: stupid. Everyone knows the "B" stands for the family

This has always been one of the dumbest things I’ve seen said by our fans.

People take their hatred of Mike Brown to some truly ridiculous levels.

Reply/Quote
What other professional or college team uses as their logo the first initial of their nickname? Total silliness betraying some other agenda.

Does Ohio State use a "B"

Does UC use a "B"

Do Reds use a "R"

The New York Yankees a "Y" for Yankees?

Boston Celtics "C"

I cannot think of anyone.

The poster who said they use a B because they intend to move and don't want to spend money on a C for Cincinnati nailed it.

Lets just change the name to the Cincinnati Browns- oh wait that is already taken.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:23 PM)bengals67 Wrote: What other professional or college team uses as their logo the first initial of their nickname? Total silliness betraying some other agenda.

Does Ohio State use a "B"

Does UC use a "B"

Do Reds use a "R"

The New York Yankees a "Y" for Yankees?

Boston Celtics "C"

I cannot think of anyone.

The poster who said they use a B because they intend to move and don't want to spend money on a C for Cincinnati nailed it.

Lets just change the name to the Cincinnati Browns- oh wait that is already taken.

I never noticed this before - I only care/root for one other team - the LA Angels who do use the first letter of their nickname for everything.

I think the B bothers a lot of people because the team has a cool animal as their name but they choose to use a letter instead of featuring a tiger.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:20 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This has always been one of the dumbest things I’ve seen said by our fans.

People take their hatred of Mike Brown to some truly ridiculous levels.

If "hatred" is being attributed to me, you have no grounds for saying that

Otherwise you are entitled to your opinion even though lots of people who do not hate Mike Brown disagree with you.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:23 PM)bengals67 Wrote: What other professional or college team uses as their logo the first initial of their nickname?

Twins
A’s
Angels
Canucks
Avalanche
Ducks
Pacers
Rockets

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:32 PM)bengals67 Wrote: If "hatred" is being attributed to me, you have no grounds for saying that

Otherwise you are entitled to your opinion even though lots of people who do not hate Mike Brown disagree with you.

It’s downright silly to think a low key guy like Mike Brown (who is notorious for driving old cars, dressing cheaply, etc) is so vain that he’d make his team’s logo his last name. It’s clearly for Bengals. I mean, c’mon...

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s downright silly to think a low key guy like Mike Brown (who is notorious for driving old cars, dressing cheaply, etc) is so vain that he’d make his team’s logo his last name. It’s clearly for Bengals. I mean, c’mon...

It definitely stands for Bengals, but as others have said, it could be so much better by using a tiger or something more to go along with the B. Perhaps a tiger paw with stripes (similar to Clemson but with stripes), or maybe a silhouette of the Cincinnati skyline behind the B.

I believe every NFL team who is named after an animal except the Bears has the animal as their official logo.
Cardinals, Broncos, Rams, Jags, Falcons, Seahawks, Lions, Panthers, Dolphins, Eagles, Ravens all have animals.
Colts have a horseshoe.
While the Bears have the "C" as their official logo to represent Chicago, their alternate logo is a bear head.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I seriously do not care about a Jersey logo.

Concentrate on WINNING.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While the Bears have the "C" as their official logo to represent Chicago, their alternate logo is a bear head.

I think this is more important than is commonly known.  I read somewhere (sorry, no link) several years ago that the reason the Bengals don't use the Roaring Tiger head much (at all?) anymore is because the NFL told them it looked too much like the Bears alternate logo. Bears had it first, I think, so they got to keep it.  It was likely the marketing arm; but still, the point was that the league and the Bengals want their logo to be immediately recognizable, not have people squinting to decide if its a roaring tiger or a growling bear.  This is a more serious problem with the size of logos on hats or details on shirts than for images on the field.

I like the roaring tiger, but I don't think that is really an option for those marketing reasons.  Therefore, you have the B or what was called the 'frolicking tiger' up thread.  I think the B narrowly wins that contest; but I'd be in favor of someone coming up with a really aggressive tiger that doesn't conjure images of the Bears (or someone else's) logo.
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 08:59 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I don’t see that as a problem. Most people’s biggest complaint with the old ones always seemed to be the white panels on the side. Merely doing away with those (and some other very minor tweaks) could be enough.

Glad they’re keeping the B though. I’ve always liked it, and I certainly didn’t want to go back to some of the retro logos a lot of the old timers seem to be pinning for. The B is a clean, modern, sharp logo (and does not stand for “Brown” lol).

I’ve never understood the disdain for it, but I’m glad all my hoodies and hats will still be relevant. Big Grin
Couldn't have said it better myself. Kudos sir.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 04:40 PM)BRM13 Wrote: I think this is more important than is commonly known.  I read somewhere (sorry, no link) several years ago that the reason the Bengals don't use the Roaring Tiger head much (at all?) anymore is because the NFL told them it looked too much like the Bears alternate logo. Bears had it first, I think, so they got to keep it.  It was likely the marketing arm; but still, the point was that the league and the Bengals want their logo to be immediately recognizable, not have people squinting to decide if its a roaring tiger or a growling bear.  This is a more serious problem with the size of logos on hats or details on shirts than for images on the field.

I like the roaring tiger, but I don't think that is really an option for those marketing reasons.  Therefore, you have the B or what was called the 'frolicking tiger' up thread.  I think the B narrowly wins that contest; but I'd be in favor of someone coming up with a really aggressive tiger that doesn't conjure images of the Bears (or someone else's) logo.

I'm not sure which "roaring tiger" logo you are referring to, as the one the Bengals used to have is not really roaring.
[Image: 796382.jpg]

However, one I just found that I think looks REALLY cool is Idaho State's logo. They are also the Bengals.
[Image: nav_main.svg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:31 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: I never noticed this before - I only care/root for one other team - the LA Angels who do use the first letter of their nickname for everything.

I think the B bothers a lot of people because the team has a cool animal as their name but they choose to use a letter instead of featuring a tiger.

Boise State uses a B logo (on their merch, not on the helmets necessarily). In fact, there is a massive B statue center stage on university road.

Both my teams have this issue. Lol
Reply/Quote
[Image: cincinnati_bengals_logo_3991.png]

[Image: 1280px-Cincinnati-Bengals-logo-svg.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Remember the Fraidy Cat image?
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 03:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It definitely stands for Bengals, but as others have said, it could be so much better by using a tiger or something more to go along with the B.

Like having Tiger stripes inside the B thats brillant
Reply/Quote
[Image: th?id=OIP.USx6mtbd_m37on5BGCe1IwHaHI&pid...=212&h=205]

Maybe have a lasagna night.  C'mon I'm brainstorming here people.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
A clean revamped tiger head logo would be nice.

Like this...

[Image: th?id=OIP.WuzRhMfdq7Bf68OaN6IVfAHaFj&pid...=212&h=160]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 11:40 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I wonder if Mike long ago eschewed using a 'C' logo for Cincinnati in case he needed to bounce from the city? There are franchises in all the major sports leagues that use the team name for the logo over the city or state team, but not many (examples, the LA Angels use an A and the Colorado Avalanche use an A). Most logos are either a depiction of the team name (example, the Carolina Panthers have a Panther logo) or representative of the city or state (example, the Chicago Bears use a 'C' logo). This seems to be indicative of most franchises, the Bengals are among the few that use the first letter of the team name.

Anyhow, I'm rambling about non-important stuff. Since the helmet and logo are staying the same, I hope the new jerseys reflect change that we can all appreciate.
Great insight here...
Reply/Quote