Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report: Bengals apparently keeping the "B" logo
(01-27-2021, 04:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not sure which "roaring tiger" logo you are referring to, as the one the Bengals used to have is not really roaring.
[Image: 796382.jpg]

However, one I just found that I think looks REALLY cool is Idaho State's logo. They are also the Bengals.
[Image: nav_main.svg]

Yes... That dehydrated ass cat is definitely panting.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
They should have to play with striped tails on the pants til they have a winning season... Maybe ears on top of the helmet too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Personally I like the Tiger but maybe I'm not yet mature (29)

The B stands for BORING to me anyways
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
I hated the B at first, but, until someone shows me a better one, I don't mind it any more.

If given the choice, I'm happy with the leagues best helmet and the 25th best logo.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 09:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A clean revamped tiger head logo would be nice.

Like this...

[Image: th?id=OIP.WuzRhMfdq7Bf68OaN6IVfAHaFj&pid...=212&h=160]
I like this one as well!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 11:00 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote: I like this one as well!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Hey, now that's killer!
Reply/Quote
I still think the new uniforms are going to be very much like the “throwback” Joe Burrow jerseys Koch Sports released after the draft.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 10:11 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I hated the B at first, but, until someone shows me a better one, I don't mind it any more.

If given the choice, I'm happy with the leagues best helmet and the 25th best logo.

Fair point... all of the alternatives people have posted so far are atrocious. Makes the “B” honestly look good.

But oh well, I had a feeling it wasn’t going anywhere, anyway
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 04:48 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not sure which "roaring tiger" logo you are referring to, as the one the Bengals used to have is not really roaring.
[Image: 796382.jpg]

However, one I just found that I think looks REALLY cool is Idaho State's logo. They are also the Bengals.
[Image: nav_main.svg]

You want a roaring Tiger than it has to be this one.

[Image: s-l500.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-26-2021, 08:28 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I feel like they are getting everyone hyped up over "new uniforms" and its going to end up being a couple minor design tweaks on the current uniforms. My hopes are not high.

I disagree.  The Bengals, one could argue, made the most dramatic change (for the better) when they made the major overhaul in 1981.  We know the helmet and logo are staying, but I am pretty pumped to see what the new uniforms will look like. 

I would imagine they would incorporate some elements of the white color rush uniforms in to the black and the orange.  It will likely be less "cluttered" and could look hot as hell if they nail it.

I wasn't surprised when they said they were keeping the helmet, as most really enjoy it and every seat at PBS has it embossed on the seat back.  However, if they chose to reverse the color scheme for the helmet (black primary, orange stripes) for the black and orange uniforms.  Holy shit.  I think that would be amazing.  Making a white helmet with black stripes would also be cool, but the black primary would look amazing on the black uniforms and the orange uniforms.  

Can't wait to see it.  And don't worry, folks, I won't buy a Burrow jersey.  The curse is real, and I love the team too much.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 10:11 PM)PDub80 Wrote: I hated the B at first, but, until someone shows me a better one, I don't mind it any more.

I just showed you a better one!  Cry

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 09:07 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: A clean revamped tiger head logo would be nice.

Like this...

[Image: th?id=OIP.WuzRhMfdq7Bf68OaN6IVfAHaFj&pid...=212&h=160]

I love this logo.
Reply/Quote
(01-27-2021, 01:43 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s downright silly to think a low key guy like Mike Brown (who is notorious for driving old cars, dressing cheaply, etc) is so vain that he’d make his team’s logo his last name. It’s clearly for Bengals. I mean, c’mon...

Yeah it's silly to think that a guy who litters his FO with family and is one of the only owners in sports to name a stadium after his dad MIGHT have picked a B to represent his family name.

Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 02:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah it's silly to think that a guy who litters his FO with family and is one of the only owners in sports to name a stadium after his dad MIGHT have picked a B to represent his family name.

Ninja

Yeah, Mike probably even ordered Katie to marry a man with a b last name so they wouldn’t have to change it in the future. Ninja

Reply/Quote
I've said it before and I'll say it again. I don't care if they have to go play ball wearing their grandmas pajamas as long as they win.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 04:13 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, Mike probably even ordered Katie to marry a man with a b last name so they wouldn’t have to change it in the future. Ninja

I didn't have to make up a scenario in my post. Jerry
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 10:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I didn't have to make up a scenario in my post. Jerry

Frankly I don’t care enough to keep arguing about it. I’ve always thought it was weird some people think it stands for Brown, but that’s just me.

At the end of the day I like the logo, and it’s staying so I’m good.

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 10:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Frankly I don’t care enough to keep arguing about it. I’ve always thought it was weird some people think it stands for Brown, but that’s just me.

Honestly it probably does stand for Bengals. I'm just saying I get why some think it "could" stand for Brown. As for the logo itself? I'm indifferent on it really. It could be better, could be worse. I just want to see a winner.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 10:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Frankly I don’t care enough to keep arguing about it. I’ve always thought it was weird some people think it stands for Brown, but that’s just me.

I agree it probably doesn't even halfway stand for Brown, but at the same time I'm trying to think of teams that have a letter logo that represents their mascot, not the city.  

off the top o' me head
the LA Angels have an A with a halo
the Minnesota North Stars had an N logo
technically the A's have the A logo for Athletics/A's and not an O for Oakland
the Hartford Whalers had a W logo, but the negative space also made an H for Hartford
the Toronto Argonauts of the CFL have an A logo rather than a T logo
the Ottawa Redblacks of the CFL have an R logo rather than an O

That's all that comes to mind at the moment.
Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 02:16 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah it's silly to think that a guy who litters his FO with family and is one of the only owners in sports to name a stadium after his dad MIGHT have picked a B to represent his family name.

Ninja

Well, to be honest, he is the only owner who's dad deserves to have an NFL stadium named after him. And for those posting other teams tiger heads, you realize if another team is already using it, it is copyrighted, right?
Reply/Quote