Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
Losing Tee and Boyd in the same season combined
With adding a new TE equals offense going through
Growing pains and possibly taking a step back thus leaning
More on your defense to pick up the slack
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 11:01 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: Exactly. I’d like Hollywood Brown. But if we’re not singing Tee and cutting Mixon, it better be because we’re singing Christian Wilkins to a 4 year 100M deal and possibly going after a RT. If we did that and signed Brown to a 1 year small deal, it opens up 18 to be WR, or best defensive player available. I’d take another edge, DT, CB or S if that is the best available player.

Tell me our team isn’t better with Wilkins at DT, #18 CB, Hollywood, solid FA RT; than Tee Higgins, some random DT and a rookie RT.

You guys (not you lol) blister me for being a blood red Sooner LOL. I wouldn’t take Hollywood or Guyton in the draft.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 01:25 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Losing Tee and Boyd in the same season combined
With adding a new TE equals offense going through
Growing pains and possibly taking a step back thus leaning
More on your defense to pick up the slack

I agree but

More money would be available to bolster certain areas of the Defense while adding a decent RT to the offense

in Free Agency and/or by Draft.

Say they get a 2nd round pick for TEE & take 2 receivers within 3 rounds. (2 Draft picks go to receivers and the rest elsewhere)

Burrow would have Chase, (receivers from last years Team Iosivas & Jones etc) the UPGRADE at Tight End and lets say

they add 2 speedy Rookie receivers that will build in production as the season moves along leading up to the Playoffs.

Zac & Burrow should be able to work with this and get it humming come Playoff time.

Boyd likely goes no matter what, so does TEE leaving really sink the Burrow Ship with all of the above being added.

Can't Lou Anarumo (with More Money & some Draft picks) buy the Team some Time early in the season for the Offense to Gel later ?

Zac worked with Browning to win some games but he & Burrow can't work with this early on in the season & make it even better later ?
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 01:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: You guys (not you lol) blister me for being a blood red Sooner LOL. I wouldn’t take Hollywood or Guyton in the draft.

What's the knock on Guyton?  He showed well at Senior Bowl practices and checks a lot boxes at the combine. (Seriously, I didn't watch much OK football this year)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 02:08 PM)depthchart Wrote: I agree but

More money would be available to bolster certain areas of the Defense while adding a decent RT to the offense

Say they get a 2nd round pick for TEE & take 2 receivers within 3 rounds. (2 Draft picks go to receivers and the rest elsewhere)

Burrow would have Chase, (receivers from last years Team Iosivas & Jones etc) the UPGRADE at Tight End and lets say

they add 2 speedy Rookie receivers that will build in production as the season moves along leading up to the Playoffs.

Zac & Burrow should be able to work with this and get it humming come Playoff time.

Boyd likely goes no matter what, so does TEE leaving really sink the Burrow Ship with all of the above being added.

Can't Lou Anarumo (with More Money & some Draft picks) buy the Team some Time early in the season for the Offense to Gel later ?

Zac worked with Browning to win some games but he & Burrow can't work with this early on in the season & make it even better later ?

Nice post Depthchart. I was with Impactplaya last year in extending Tee, but that was before the season and then he went and had 
his worst season as a starter and was banged up. If we can add a 2nd round pick for Tee this year while shedding that 21 mil so we 
can add his replacement and to the trenches we should be a much better team than relying on Tee for one year on the Tag.

As much as I don't want to rely on Iosivas and Charlie Jones, they shown some good things. If Burrow is healthy and playing under 
Center more and our running game improves while we have a happy Ja'Marr Chase with a big extension our Offense could be insane.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 02:19 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's the knock on Guyton?  He showed well at Senior Bowl practices and checks a lot boxes at the combine. (Seriously, I didn't watch much OK football this year)

Actually I’ve warmed up but there’s a lot of options I’d rather chance. He’s very talented but still inexperienced
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 02:08 PM)depthchart Wrote: I agree but

I understand your view of thinking. You rather invest big 
$$$ on the defensive side of the ball replace TEEs  production with drafting WRs. 
But what areas of the defense need immediate upgrades?
DT...S. I think there is a belief out there is that the only 
DTs that can immediately upgrade the dline is Jones
And Wilkins there is other DTs on the market 
That provide immediate upgrades. Heck only a couple 
Years ago the Bengals signed Ogenjobi and provided
A instead upgrade and he didn't command huge $$$$
I think you can address DT sufficiently in FA and still 
Extend TEE HIGGINS. and you add pieces in the draft 
In regards to drafting WRs. It's a deep WR draft. 
If you let Tee walk then your WR room gets that much younger . Then if Jamar gets hurt then your relying 
On rookies and 2nd yr players to deliver 
Retaining Tee gives the Bengals offense that firepower
At WR that teams have to gameplan #1 for every  week
Having Jamar and a bunch of unprovens doesn't 
Stress a defense so much 
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 05:55 PM)impactplaya Wrote: I understand your view of thinking. You rather invest big 
$$$ on the defensive side of the ball replace TEEs  production with drafting WRs. 
But what areas of the defense need immediate upgrades?
DT...S. I think there is a belief out there is that the only 
DTs that can immediately upgrade the dline is Jones
And Wilkins there is other DTs on the market 
That provide immediate upgrades. Heck only a couple 
Years ago the Bengals signed Ogenjobi and provided
A instead upgrade and he didn't command huge $$$$
I think you can address DT sufficiently in FA and still 
Extend TEE HIGGINS. and you add pieces in the draft 
In regards to drafting WRs. It's a deep WR draft. 
If you let Tee walk then your WR room gets that much younger . Then if Jamar gets hurt then your relying 
On rookies and 2nd yr players to deliver 
Retaining Tee gives the Bengals offense that firepower
At WR that teams have to gameplan #1 for every  week
Having Jamar and a bunch of unprovens doesn't 
Stress a defense so much 

I don't see this TEE issue as one way would be right and the other way would be wrong.

Keeping TEE can work depending on how everything else is Planned (as you imply) and I think that moving TEE can work.

I actually Teeter Totter on the TEE issue more than it may seem with a lean towards a Trade.

With the Trade option being dismissed by some as nearly impossible to have happen I then explored more as to why not do it.

*Soon the Bengals will make it all Concrete to Fans which way they go.

If they keep TEE and he stays fairly healthy & things go well then late into next season we will all be glad he stayed.

If they keep TEE and maybe the hammy issue resurfaces or things just don't go well then Fans may chirp.

If TEE gets Traded and things go well then many Fans won't miss TEE as much and they will likely start to Love the rookie(s)

If TEE gets Traded and things implode then Fans may point to his leaving as the cause and Chirp.

*The PRESSURE here is on the Bengals to make which ever way they go Work...
Reply/Quote
I think Tee needs to get traded and we need to get value out of him, I don't think the Bengals are good at trading their players at the right time (or do they at all?). We can't afford Tee, Burrow and Chase and put together a SB team IMO. The team is going to get weaker once they're all off their rookie contracts.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2024, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post Depthchart. I was with Impactplaya last year in extending Tee, but that was before the season and then he went and had 
his worst season as a starter and was banged up. If we can add a 2nd round pick for Tee this year while shedding that 21 mil so we 
can add his replacement and to the trenches we should be a much better team than relying on Tee for one year on the Tag.

As much as I don't want to rely on Iosivas and Charlie Jones, they shown some good things. If Burrow is healthy and playing under 
Center more and our running game improves while we have a happy Ja'Marr Chase with a big extension our Offense could be insane.

We all have valid opinions on the matter, but changing your mind due to how last year played out doesn't make a ton of sense to me personally. Joe Burrow has missed more games in his career than Tee has. Everyone wanted to extend him... Maybe not Bigzo, but you know what I mean.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2024, 11:47 AM)jason Wrote: We all have valid opinions on the matter, but changing your mind due to how last year played out doesn't make a ton of sense to me personally. Joe Burrow has missed more games in his career than Tee has. Everyone wanted to extend him... Maybe not Bigzo, but you know what I mean.

Apples and oranges there Jason. Joe Burrow is a franchise QB that gives us a chance at Super Bowl wins for his entire career.

Tee Higgins is a very good #2 WR on a team with a true #1 WR in Ja'Marr Chase that we need to pay.

Before last season I thought we had a chance to extend Tee and his and Ja'Marr's contracts would balance each other out as we would
be paying Tee at different times than Ja'Marr. Since we couldn't get a deal done and then Tee had his worst season in the NFL while being
banged up with different injuries and most notably hamstring pulls that tend to reocurr it changed my mind big time.

You don't extend him now while we are extending Ja'Marr, we cannot afford both of them now. If it was going to happen it should of 
happened before last season. Now if Tee's number went down because of his poor season it would be different but it doesn't seem like it
from all we are hearing and he still wants to be paid #1 money when he simply isn't one yet. Let someone else take that gamble.
Reply/Quote
tee's agent only cares about money. maybe most agents only are about that, but the farther tee stays away from negotiations, the more likely he ain't staying IMO. seems pretty clear to me, it's not a win situation for anyone other than tee. Paying tee what he deserves is going to handicap them.
Reply/Quote
The most impressive thing to me:

Has anyone ever heard Tee complain publically about his status?

The dude played last year for about $2 Mil while lesser WRs were gettng new deals.

He was the first player slapped with the Tag this year and I've heard no complaints.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 02:21 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: tee's agent only cares about money. maybe most agents only are about that, but the farther tee stays away from negotiations, the more likely he ain't staying IMO. seems pretty clear to me, it's not a win situation for anyone other than tee. Paying tee what he deserves is going to handicap them.

Paying Tee what "he" thinks he deserves is apparently a lot more than what the "team" thinks he deserves. I gotta lean towards the team on this one.
Reply/Quote
FWIW:

Player, Tag $, Contract, APY, 2024 Cap
1. J. Johnson, CB; $19.8, 4 yr/$76; $19, $13.4 mil.
2. Madubuike, DT, $22.1, 4 yr/$98; $24, $12.5 mil.

We should do the same with Tee. Give him his bag, frontload the deal, spread the cap hit out. Get his cap hit tgis year under $15 mil. That would put us over $50 mil in space.

We shouod be able to big twice with that: Reader + DT or Reader + OL and still have enough to get 3 of the following: a vet S, vet TE, CB4, bridge OT, P.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 03:06 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The most impressive thing to me:

Has anyone ever heard Tee complain publically about his status?

The dude played last year for about $2 Mil while lesser WRs were gettng new deals.

He was the first player slapped with the Tag this year and I've heard no complaints.
He did everything he could to play through injury late last year too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 08:04 PM)jason Wrote: He did everything he could to play through injury late last year too.

He still isnt worth 26 million dollars per year though.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2024, 09:13 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: He still isnt worth 26 million dollars per year though.

Not even close, maybe 2/3 of that amount in AAV.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He has requested a trade. I am not sure they will get the return they want so not sure how nasty this gets.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:09 AM)Au165 Wrote: He has requested a trade. I am not sure they will get the return they want so not sure how nasty this gets.

Bengals front office is a joke. No talks since March 2023. 

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote