Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
(03-11-2024, 11:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Tennesse interested?  id package 18 and tee and move up potentially if a target is there we want

Problem with it is at 7 Tennessee would probably have their choice of any non-Marvin Harrison Jr WR and they get him on a rookie contract.

Also while the trade chart isn't ironclad, the move from 18 to 7 is valued as more than the value of the 32nd overall pick. We'd likely have to give Tee, our 1st, and our 4th... assuming the Titans were even interested in the first place, and I don't like the idea of using Tee and 2 draft picks to essentially turn 3 players into 1 player.

If we could get their 38th pick for Tee, I think that would be a great deal for us. Even if it also cost us like a 5th or something.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Problem with it is at 7 Tennessee would probably have their choice of any non-Marvin Harrison Jr WR and they get him on a rookie contract.

Also while the trade chart isn't ironclad, the move from 18 to 7 is valued as more than the value of the 32nd overall pick. We'd likely have to give Tee, our 1st, and our 4th... assuming the Titans were even interested in the first place, and I don't like the idea of using Tee and 2 draft picks to essentially turn 3 players into 1 player.

If we could get their 38th pick for Tee, I think that would be a great deal for us. Even if it also cost us like a 5th or something.

Tee straight up for the Titans' 2nd (37) and 4th (103) would be fair in my opinion.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:46 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Tennesse interested?  id package 18 and tee and move up potentially if a target is there we want

I think Callahan would the absolute perfect suitor, especially since they need WR help (I like Burks, but he's looking to be injury prone).
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:59 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Tee straight up for the Titans' 2nd (37) and 4th (103) would be fair in my opinion.

be okay with that too
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:53 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Problem with it is at 7 Tennessee would probably have their choice of any non-Marvin Harrison Jr WR and they get him on a rookie contract.

Titans also need an offense tackle so trading back from 7 to 18 nets them a good X receiver and a shot at one of the tackles in this class. I think the Bengals would likely have to throw in another pick though preferably not a top 100 unless its a 2025 conditional (5th that could be a 3rd). 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:03 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: I think Callahan would the absolute perfect suitor, especially since they need WR help (I like Burks, but he's looking to be injury prone).

What and Tee isn’t injury prone? LOL

The lads hamstrings are made of butter, we all love Tee but **** him if he can’t accept the Bengals need him to be on the field and aren’t chucking silly guarantees at him because he’s injury prone then him and his agent are even dumber than they come across.

Stay fit Tee and you get your big money it’s as simple as that.

I can’t see us trading him so this year is a big prove it season for him.
Reply/Quote
The Patriots are a team that could be in the market too. They have pick #34, 3rd in salary cap space, looking like a rookie QB, and a need at WR.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:19 PM)Synric Wrote: The Patriots are a team that could be in the market too. They have pick #34, 3rd in salary cap space, looking like a rookie QB, and a need at WR.

The Patriots' 2nd (34) and 4th (102) would be a hard deal to pass up.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:22 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The Patriots' 2nd (34) and 4th (102) would be a hard deal to pass up.

....they also have Christian Barmore which wouldn't happen but I can dream right?

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:25 PM)Synric Wrote: ....they also have Christian Barmore which wouldn't happen but I can dream right?

Even swap?  That would definitely be the dream!

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Pittman signing for 3 years up to $71.5 Million tells you where this market is heading. I'd put Tee over him currently and I think Tee's agent would too.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:33 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Tee is not better than Pittman. No. 

PFF FA rankings had him higher
NFL.com had him higher in their FA rankings
33rd team had him higher in their rankings

And so on and so forth. It is universally agreed that Tee is the better WR currently.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:30 PM)Au165 Wrote: Pittman signing for 3 years up to $71.5 Million tells you where this market is heading. I'd put Tee over him currently and I think Tee's agent would too.

When the cap went up, the cost for Higgins did. I think I read he wanted $25-26 million a year.
Reply/Quote
I don't know what kind of "sources" we were hearing- but let''s not trust them again!

If the Bengals have been sitting on the same offer since "March 2023" that really bugs me. If nothing else, you'd think they would have upped it in response to the cap increase. Like this, it just seems like they were never interested in inking him long-term.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 01:06 PM)tms Wrote: I don't know what kind of "sources" we were hearing- but let''s not trust them again!

If the Bengals have been sitting on the same offer since  "March 2023" that really bugs me. If nothing else, you'd think they would have upped it in response to the cap increase. Like this, it just seems like they were never interested in inking him long-term.

It could also just be agent bullshit talk. Maybe Mulugheta said they haven't negotiated since March 2023 because, in his view, the Bengals have not sufficiently changed their stance since March 2023, despite ongoing conversations.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 12:12 PM)BengalsLUFC Wrote: What and Tee isn’t injury prone? LOL

The lads hamstrings are made of butter, we all love Tee but **** him if he can’t accept the Bengals need him to be on the field and aren’t chucking silly guarantees at him because he’s injury prone then him and his agent are even dumber than they come across.

Stay fit Tee and you get your big money it’s as simple as that.

I can’t see us trading him so this year is a big prove it season for him.

In comparison to Burks, Tee is an ironman.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:35 AM)Nepa Wrote: Maybe the agent is getting nervous because the Bengals could tag Tee for two years in a row and still have to pay less per year than what the agent is asking for.

Yeah, we shouldn't work with that agent again. Unfortunately, we will have to, because he is getting his players money, and that apparently is all they care about.

Just like CJ Uzomah, how's that working out for you, when you're on your deathbed, count your zero rigs. Let's see if that extra 15 million mattered when you had 100+ anyway. Good luck Tee.
Reply/Quote
Funny how the Bengals front office has been
Silent on Tee's trade demand.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:38 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Funny how the Bengals front office has been
Silent on Tee's trade demand.

I think they tell him tough shit like Jonah last year
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 03:36 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Yeah, we shouldn't work with that agent again. Unfortunately, we will have to, because he is getting his players money, and that apparently is all they care about.

Just like CJ Uzomah, how's that working out for you, when you're on your deathbed, count your zero rigs. Let's see if that extra 15 million mattered when you had 100+ anyway. Good luck Tee.

His deathbed will be 5,000 threadcount sheets, and the best medical care possible.

Uzomah has missed out on zero rings so far by leaving here.

Lot of people on here seemingly pre-counting rings as if it's the easiest thing ever to win SBs and we're just waiting for ours to arrive in the mail that we're owed.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote