Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Report: Bengals are trying to sign Tee Higgins long term
Really surprising since one thing this FO has always done is try to keep the guys they draft home.

I know they want him so I’m guessing the contract his agent is trying to get is completely ridiculous.

We need to stop drafting guys whom he represents.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Much like Bates, my guess is the guarantees are the issue. The problem here, more so than with Bates, is Tee can't stay healthy. I get why the standoff is occurring from both sides but the smart play for the Bengals is to actually tag him twice based on the way the cap is moving. If they can get a 1st, great move on, but I am not sure that happens which means this could be awkward.
Reply/Quote
Nothing good comes from losing Tee Higgins.
So make the best of it. Auction him off. He ought to net a first round talent since wherever Tee goes, he is the number 1 WR or turns the offense into a dominant wideout offense.
Now the question is who will offer a 1st and a 2ed or 3rd or 4th?
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:12 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bengals front office is a joke. No talks since March 2023. 

Perhaps the team made their best offer a year ago, and nothing has happened to change their opinion since?  I mean I didn't see anything about Tee's agent attempting to reach out to the team, either.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Oh, and there’s no damned way they haven’t talked contract with him since March 2023.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:21 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Oh, and there’s no damned way they haven’t talked contract with him since March 2023.

Yeah, between immediately tagging Tee when the window opened, and now his agent basically saying Tee wants traded the morning off free agency (and the "havent negotiated since 2023 to boot)...there is some baaaad blood brewing between the organization and this agent. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Good. Now trade talks can ramp up and we can trade him for a 1st or high second. Save the cap space to fix this D. We won’t make playoffs if our Run D is garbage again. Go get Christian Wilkinson and a Benton and draft Brian Robinson JR at 18. And also sign reader and a S and depth CB and WR. Our team is better that way
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:19 AM)bengals1969 Wrote: Nothing good comes from losing Tee Higgins.
So make the best of it. Auction him off. He ought to net a first round talent since wherever Tee goes, he is the number 1 WR or turns the offense into a dominant wideout offense.
Now the question is who will offer a 1st and a 2ed or 3rd or 4th?

Nobody. We're not getting a 1st for 1 year/$22m Tee, let alone a 1st plus more.

We'll likely be lucky to get a 2nd and 4th.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:19 AM)Au165 Wrote: Much like Bates, my guess is the guarantees are the issue. The problem here, more so than with Bates, is Tee can't stay healthy. I get why the standoff is occurring from both sides but the smart play for the Bengals is to actually tag him twice based on the way the cap is moving. If they can get a 1st, great move on, but I am not sure that happens which means this could be awkward.

Bengals lost a ton of leverage now that the rest of the league knows Tee wants out. 

Tees agent is a ***** asshole. On the morning of free agency none the less... 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bengals lost a ton of leverage now that the rest of the league knows Tee wants out. 

They lost a ton of leverage when this WR class was so good. Pick 33 is probably available but not sure we get the 1st.
Reply/Quote
If Higgins hit the market he’d probably be one of the highest paid WR’s in the league and I guarantee the Bengals aren’t coming close to that cause of the Chase deal probably being crazy. Higgins and his agent know he’d be paid big so they’re not gonna settle for less. Burrow can’t be mad at the team tho we all thought he would take less to keep the guys together.
Reply/Quote
Maybe the agent is getting nervous because the Bengals could tag Tee for two years in a row and still have to pay less per year than what the agent is asking for.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:27 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: . Go get Christian Wilkinson

Who?

(03-11-2024, 11:27 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: and a Benton

Benton Who?

(03-11-2024, 11:27 AM)Ell Prez Wrote: and draft Brian Robinson JR at 18.

So we're going to go back in time 2 years and draft a RB that was shot?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
It appears this thread did not age well. The source must have been speculating since Tee said no talks since March of 2023.

Tee also did not help himself. Injurie and was not as sure handed as he has been prior to 2024.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:32 AM)lone bengal Wrote: If Higgins hit the market he’d probably be one of the highest paid WR’s in the league and I guarantee the Bengals aren’t coming close to that cause of the  Chase deal probably being crazy. Higgins and his agent now he’d be paid big so they’re not gonna settle for less. Burrow can’t be mad at the team tho we all thought he would take less to keep the guys together.

If true, a team would pony up a 1st round minimum to get Tee. 
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:31 AM)Au165 Wrote: They lost a ton of leverage when this WR class was so good. Pick 33 is probably available but not sure we get the 1st.

I would take pick #33 and run with it. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:29 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Bengals lost a ton of leverage now that the rest of the league knows Tee wants out. 

Sounds like the type of ***** asshole you'd want to represent you if you were trying to get paid.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:43 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I would take pick #33 and run with it. 

I will drive him to CVG myself for pick 33.

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:43 AM)sandwedge Wrote: I would take pick #33 and run with it. 

Tennesse interested?  id package 18 and tee and move up potentially if a target is there we want
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2024, 11:45 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I will drive him to CVG myself for pick 33.

Carrying his bags too!
Reply/Quote