Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report-Bengals releasing assistants
(01-10-2019, 07:27 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Well, I'll be damned.  That's about as opposite of Marvin Lewis as they could possibly get.  Talk about making a clean break, and starting fresh with a new beginning.  There it is!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: The dude with his bottom half backwards?

Yep, you know the one.  The guy that went knocking on doors to alert players that they were cut, on Hard knocks.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I'll be damned.  That's about as opposite of Marvin Lewis as they could possibly get.  Talk about making a clean break, and starting fresh with a new beginning.  There it is!

I was hoping for Bieniemy.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:13 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I was hoping for Bieniemy.

And, if the Taylor leak is just a smoke screen, and it really is Eric Bienemy?  I'll be as equally overjoyed.  I've always hoped that another former Bengal player would come back to coach, and lead us to greatness.  You know, like Sam Wyche did, only with a happier ending.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Wait, it's not Bieniemy?

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:13 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, you know the one.  The guy that went knocking on doors to alert players that they were cut, on Hard knocks.

Thought so, been awhile.

(01-10-2019, 08:13 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I was hoping for Bieniemy.

Pretty certain it will be either E.B., Taylor or Waldron.

Beinemy is my favorite as well. But i like these other two, would be awesome if we could get all three of them on the staff but doubtful that would happen. Still wondering who our DC would be once one of these 3 becomes the HC. Only name i see getting floated out there is Greg Williams. Joseph wanted to be a HC but don't look like that is happening.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And, if the Taylor leak is just a smoke screen, and it really is Eric Bienemy?  I'll be as equally overjoyed.  I've always hoped that another former Bengal player would come back to coach, and lead us to greatness.  You know, like Sam Wyche did, only with a happier ending.

Same here, plus he would hate the Steelers like us unlike Marv.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 01:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I truly hope they keep Simmons..... not sure there is a better ST coach in the league.
We have so many flags on ST returns I know that you could not yank guys off the field and chew them out but per play we had as many flags on ST  as we had on the Oline.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I'll be damned.  That's about as opposite of Marvin Lewis as they could possibly get.  Talk about making a clean break, and starting fresh with a new beginning.  There it is!

I have a feeling, we are in for a few more surprises! Hell, don't stop now, keep it going!
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:44 PM)Synric Wrote: Bieniemy has the better resume of the two. While both had unsuccessful stints as OC in the college ranks. Bieniemy has had alot of success as the RBs coach of the chiefs then as OC he has helped install one of the best if not the best offense in the league. Bieniemy has been in Kansas City for 7 years learning under Andy Reid. Zac Taylor has been in LA with the Rams for 2 years one of them being assistant wide receivers coach. Taylor only time as OC in the NFL was as interim OC of the Dolphins after Bill Lazor was canned and put up worse numbers the second half of that season than Lazor.

I'd roll the dice with Bieniemy over Taylor.  Honestly I like Todd Monken over everyone.

Edit: Sorry about the similar post I thought the first one was deleted somehow or just didnt post.
My thoughts too Monken 1st, E.B. 2nd, Taylor 3rd and Waldron 4th.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 07:20 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's because you use your eyes to watch football whereas SOME people use their buttholes.

(01-10-2019, 07:38 PM)3wt Wrote: Never tried that...

That would make having friends over to watch the game kinda awkward.
Reply/Quote
Is Lazor's meeting tomorrow? Really nothing against him personally, but Im just really wanting to see a fresh start in the top 3 coaching spots, HC, OC and DC
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 02:27 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't agree with Cascadia that Bieniemy would be a bad candidate for HC but his previous posts in other threads indicate that he believes Taylor and Monken were the architects of the success their current teams have had whereas Bieniemy is simply the beneficiary of someone else's efforts.

McVay and Taylor came in and changed the culture for the Rams whereas Monken made the best of the bad Buccaneers situation to create a top offense, all while having similar weapons as the Bengals do now.

Bieniemy didn't even call the plays at KC,
even though his predecessor did. And it makes you wonder why Reid did not relinquish play calling to him, but he did for Nagy.

As for why he called him Marvin Jr. I dunno. Hopefully, he means more just we'd be treading water with Bieniemy, and not their physical similarities...

That is actually incorrect, he has called the plays in the second half all year.

Reid did not want to give up control of play calling, however he came to the conclusion that he cannot break certain tendencies that he has done for his entire career.  So, he runs his scripted stuff then off of feel for the remainder of the first half.  After the break, he hands over the reigns to EB, which keeps the defense on their heels as they cannot base the second half off of first half tendencies, or typical Reid play calls based on situation.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:27 PM)Goncrazzy Wrote: Is Lazor's meeting tomorrow?   Really nothing against him personally,  but Im just really wanting to see a fresh start in the top 3 coaching spots,  HC,  OC and DC

If Taylor actually is the guy, I can't see how Lazor fits anywhere.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:15 PM)Earendil Wrote: That would make having friends over to watch the game kinda awkward.

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought so, been awhile.

Pretty certain it will be either E.B., Taylor or Waldron.

Beinemy is my favorite as well. But i like these other two, would be awesome if we could get all three of them on the staff but doubtful that would happen. Still wondering who our DC would be once one of these 3 becomes the HC. Only name i see getting floated out there is Greg Williams. Joseph wanted to be a HC but don't look like that is happening.

I like Bieniemy too.

I think Taylor has the highest risk/reward of them all. He has some warning signs with his stint as the OC of the Bearcats. But, he also is on the edge of what the Rams do.

He won't have a great offensive line, QB, and RB here though...athleast initially.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 09:45 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I like Bieniemy too.

I think Taylor has the highest risk/reward of them all. He has some warning signs with his stint as the OC of the Bearcats. But, he also is on the edge of what the Rams do.

He won't have a great offensive line, QB, and RB here though...athleast initially.

you lost me at RB.  We have the leading rusher in the AFC who ran behind a dog crap line.  If we ever block for Mixon you will see we have a top 5 back on this roster.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 08:32 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: We have so many flags on ST returns I know that you could not yank guys off the field and chew them out but per play we had as many flags on ST  as we had on the Oline.

ST's ranked 7th. And, in that one field goal the Bengals were called offsides twice incorrectly
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:13 PM)YsCascadia Wrote: Look at Bennard.  He runs hard and isn't afraid to get hit.  It is a shame he isn't bigger.

I disagree. I think he is afraid of being hit. He hasn't been the same ever since he took that hit from the Steelers. People like to say it is because of the Oline, but it seems to me like his entire running style has changed.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2019, 03:04 PM)fozzie11 Wrote: like christian mccafrey?

No. Rex Burkhead. 
Reply/Quote