Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report-Bengals releasing assistants
(01-12-2019, 10:30 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I think you have it pretty well up to date. 

The only coaches that I've seen any reports stating that they're being retained are:

Darrin Simmons - Special Teams
Frank Pollack     - Offensive Line

No word yet on:

QB Coach
WR Coach
Secondary Coach
Strength and Conditioning Coach
Any of the position coaching assistants

Edit: Just heard that DL assistant Matt Raich was fired.

I would really like to see strength and conditioning coaches replaced.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 10:57 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I would really like to see strength and conditioning coaches replaced.

Sure would like to see Van Pelt retained....
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 11:01 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Sure would like to see Van Pelt retained....

I think he will be. We shall see.

Reply/Quote
Our strength and conditioning coach has got to go. It feels like we are consistently one of the most injured teams in the league.

49ers just did the same thing.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 08:07 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I guess you could look at it that way.....I prefer to look at it as his dumbass is finally out of the way. It's been obvious for about a year that he isn't running the show. If he was, Merv and Hue would still be here.

The new brain trust appears to "actually football".

Same way i feel, nothing against Mikey as a man but he has pissed me off far too many times with his football decisions with my favorite team in the world for me to give him credit for everything just for getting out of the way. I am giving the credit to Katie, Troy, Paul and Duke. It is obvious that these 4 are the ones instrumental in these changes for good, not Mikey.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 07:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Same way i feel, nothing against Mikey as a man but he has pissed me off far too many times with his football decisions with my favorite team in the world for me to give him credit for everything just for getting out of the way. I am giving the credit to Katie, Troy, Paul and Duke. It is obvious that these 4 are the ones instrumental in these changes for good, not Mikey.

Don't forget Paul Brown the 2nd, he's VP of Personnel.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 07:30 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Don't forget Paul Brown the 2nd, he's VP of Personnel.

I named him Sunset...
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 01:27 PM)Big Boss Wrote: Our strength and conditioning coach has got to go.  It feels like we are consistently one of the most injured teams in the league.

49ers just did the same thing.

Injuries happen to the best-conditioned teams.  The Bengals have been well below league average in injuries over the last several years. Timing and position have a lot to do with the impact of them though.  This year was the anomaly in both numbers and concentration in certain position groups.  We just happen to pay more attention to our team so it seems even worse.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 07:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I named him Sunset...

Yep, you sure did.  That'll teach me to slow down, and read all of the words..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 07:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, you sure did.  That'll teach me to slow down, and read all of the words..

Reading is overrated. Do you
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 07:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, you sure did.  That'll teach me to slow down, and read all of the words..

Happens to all of us.

(01-12-2019, 08:10 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Reading is overrated. Do you

lol
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 08:10 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Reading is overrated.  Do you

I read tons of material in general, either through work or as a moderator.  Unfortunately, I haven't just picked up a book and read it for enjoyment in years.  I probably should.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 08:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I read tons of material in general, either through work or as a moderator.  Unfortunately, I haven't just picked up a book and read it for enjoyment in years.  I probably should.

That was supposed to say you do you, sorry. No offense at all. You do a great job. Luv ya man!

Glad Hue, Haslett and Lazor are gone.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 08:44 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: That was supposed to say you do you, sorry. No offense at all. You do a great job. Luv ya man!

Glad Hue, Haslett and Lazor are gone.

I caught it.
Reply/Quote