Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Report-Bengals releasing assistants
(01-11-2019, 08:22 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Stop this nonsense!
Freakout

Hey that line was clearly what was needed for him to be released. The announcement came almost immediately after that. I’m pretty much a hero!

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 08:24 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Hey that line was clearly what was needed for him to be released. The announcement came almost immediately after that. I’m pretty much a hero!

:hail:
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 08:33 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

Hobspin wants in on the drama.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 08:24 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Hey that line was clearly what was needed for him to be released. The announcement came almost immediately after that. I’m pretty much a hero!

"Bud Light salutes YOU, Mr. I'll give the guys a misleading post, before I release the real goods guy."  Without your timely wit, and uncanny knack for making other fans' buttcheeks clench, it might have been an otherwise uneventful day.  

Well played, Real Deal.  Well played.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 08:33 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:
Love it
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 08:35 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Hobspin wants in on the drama.

He's not wrong this time though. Changes are happening for sure.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 08:33 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:

It's interesting that he talks about the Bengals not wanting to violate the hiring rules for playoff coaches.  Pretty sure this is the sentiment that Florio twisted into his "Bengals scared to death..." BS.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 09:03 PM)Whatever Wrote: It's interesting that he talks about the Bengals not wanting to violate the hiring rules for playoff coaches.  Pretty sure this is the sentiment that Florio twisted into his "Bengals scared to death..." BS.

So, if I read correctly what your saying, Hobspin is the defensive coordinator right now? Hilarious

Go Hobspin.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 07:52 PM)Wyche Wrote: Also....you guys will like this: Teryl Austin to the Stoolers!

Shut the front door!! I'd do back flips right now if I could!! you
Reply/Quote
Great news that Simmons and Pollock are staying but has there been any news on Van Pelt?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 10:21 PM)JWW1971 Wrote: Great news that Simmons and Pollock are staying but has there been any news on Van Pelt?

I think Van Pelt was also released. New HC probably wants to bring in several of his guys.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 06:23 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: not as nervous as steeler fans are getting

they just hired T Austin

Unfortunately it was not as DC, instead it was as a secondary coach.  He might actually be good at that, as he had to have some means of climbing the ladder initially...
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 12:47 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Unfortunately it was not as DC, instead it was as a secondary coach.  He might actually be good at that, as he had to have some means of climbing the ladder initially...

He made our CB’s look absolutely dreadful while he was here. This is a stupid hire.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He made our CB’s look absolutely dreadful while he was here. This is a stupid hire.

Butler hired him to get the inside dope on Bill Lazor's offense so they could defend Eifert.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:07 AM)McC Wrote: Butler hired him to get the inside dope on Bill Lazor's offense so they could defend Eifert.

Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 02:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He made our CB’s look absolutely dreadful while he was here. This is a stupid hire.

He might be a good fit with Pittsburgh.  Austin is a Zone coverage guy, and I think their defense runs a good bit of Zone coverage.  With the Bengals, he was working with guys that were picked to, and had played Man coverage their entire careers.  Kind of like trying to jam square pegs into round holes.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We need a list of coaches released to keep track. I’ll start but if I’m missing any or wrong, edit the list with corrections and repost:

HC - Marvin Lewis
SA - Hugh Jackson
OC - Bill Lazor
LBC - Jim Haslett
TEC - Johnathan Hayes
RBC - Kyle Caskey

Am I missing anyone?

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2019, 10:12 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: We need a list of coaches released to keep track. I’ll start but if I’m missing any or wrong, edit the list with corrections and repost:

HC - Marvin Lewis
SA - Hugh Jackson
OC - Bill Lazor
LBC - Jim Haslett
TEC - Johnathan Hayes
RBC - Kyle Caskey

Am I missing anyone?

I think you have it pretty well up to date. 

The only coaches that I've seen any reports stating that they're being retained are:

Darrin Simmons - Special Teams
Frank Pollack     - Offensive Line

No word yet on:

QB Coach
WR Coach
Secondary Coach
Strength and Conditioning Coach
Any of the position coaching assistants

Edit: Just heard that DL assistant Matt Raich was fired.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
HC - Marvin Lewis
SA - Hugh Jackson
OC - Bill Lazor
LBC - Jim Haslett
TEC - Johnathan Hayes
RBC - Kyle Caskey
DLAC - Matt Raich