Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
There should be an IQ test before issuing someone a keyboard.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
People wanting Chase or Pitts is like a kid looking past their broccoli to the cookies on the table. Sure, the cookies are a lot more exciting, but the broccoli (Sewell) is much better for you.

Back in the 90s, we ate a lot of cookies and it gave us sugar diabeetus. Make Wilford Brimley proud and take Penei Sewell.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 11:29 AM)hollodero Wrote: I'd say, emm, Andy Dalton, but that's merely a guess really.

That was pretty good decrypting it Joe Big Grin
Reply/Quote
IM POUNDING THE TABLE HARD FOR PENIS SWOLE!! POUND POUND POUND ON MY TABLE!! MEAT AND POTATAS IS WHAT WE NEED,YOU GUYS JUST DONT KNOW FOOTBALL IF YOU JUST WANT A SKINNY RECEIVER!! GET THE MEAT UP FRONT
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 10:42 AM)AQIndianHill Wrote: I like this.  I wonder if there’s anyway to trade back tho.  We could still get a playmaker on offense mid-round1 , and pick up another second rounder to address oline and defense with 2 early second picks.

If we went Sewell in 1.  Elijah Moore is on my
Radar from Oxford

Yep. Good thought on Moore. 

I see the kid from ND as a tackle. Though I am not in the weeds on him. I was talking about guards (or guys who can play guard) in round 2. A round 2 OT is not likely to be better than Williams or Reiff (in my view), so if he cannot play OG, he does not help much this year. 

I want proven guys (Reiff) or elite prospects (Williams, Sewell, Slater) at OT.
Reply/Quote
Im on board with Chase being the pick. Not sold on Sewell. There is a lot of OL talent in this draft. you can check out my explanation in the Case vs Sewell thread in the Draft forum.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 01:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People wanting Chase or Pitts is like a kid looking past their broccoli to the cookies on the table. Sure, the cookies are a lot more exciting, but the broccoli (Sewell) is much better for you.

Back in the 90s, we ate a lot of cookies and it gave us sugar diabeetus. Make Wilford Brimley proud and take Penei Sewell.

From '90-'00, 8 of our 13 1st round picks were spent on defense.  Not sure how that equates to cookies.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 03:10 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: IM POUNDING THE TABLE HARD FOR PENIS SWOLE!! POUND POUND POUND ON MY TABLE!! MEAT AND POTATAS IS WHAT WE NEED,YOU GUYS JUST DONT KNOW FOOTBALL IF YOU JUST WANT A SKINNY RECEIVER!! GET THE MEAT UP FRONT

This was stupid the first time you posted it and it bombed...
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 01:25 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: People wanting Chase or Pitts is like a kid looking past their broccoli to the cookies on the table. Sure, the cookies are a lot more exciting, but the broccoli (Sewell) is much better for you.

It’s not even a debate. You have a chance to take Sewell, you take Sewell. Period.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 03:10 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: IM POUNDING THE TABLE HARD FOR PENIS SWOLE!! POUND POUND POUND ON MY TABLE!! MEAT AND POTATAS IS WHAT WE NEED,YOU GUYS JUST DONT KNOW FOOTBALL IF YOU JUST WANT A SKINNY RECEIVER!! GET THE MEAT UP FRONT

Don’t know this guy but I’m in his fan club
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 02:16 PM)3wt Wrote: I actually like his thinking.  Chase is about as close as you can get to a sure thing, addresses our need for speed and separation - along with having a great record of making contested catches against top college competition and is flat out an intense high level competitor who is smart and mentally tough.

As the season wore on before Joe got hurt our receivers were just not getting separation and were woofing on contested catches.  

Burrow showed the ability to get the ball out fast enough to protect himself from getting injured - if his receivers were open.

I think even with the minimal improvement that sits at the guard position and the hope of picking up some significant improvement in the draft in the 2nd and third round he'd be a much safer QB than he was this year and would be if we drafted OL in 1 without improving the receivers' ability to get open quickly and stretch the field.

Ding Ding ding, we have a winner!
Reply/Quote
So, what happens in this scenario: The Falcons stay put and take Pitts, then Carolina or Denver comes calling for the 5th pick to grab a QB? Do you make the trade, or just stay at 5 and take your guy.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 05:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, what happens in this scenario: The Falcons stay put and take Pitts, then Carolina or Denver comes calling for the 5th pick to grab a QB? Do you make the trade, or just stay at 5 and take your guy.

What’s on offer I guess. A Dolphins type scenario would be hard to pass up. 
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 05:39 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: So, what happens in this scenario: The Falcons stay put and take Pitts, then Carolina or Denver comes calling for the 5th pick to grab a QB? Do you make the trade, or just stay at 5 and take your guy.

Then the Bengals would perhaps end up with Slater and more picks?
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 05:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: This was stupid the first time you posted it and it bombed...

Are you the one who reported me lol
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 06:18 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Are you the one who reported me lol
I doubt that 'wedge is the only one that thinks that your act is stupid.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 06:45 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: I doubt that 'wedge is the only one that thinks that your act is stupid.

Aw did I offend the o line guys lol take a joke 
Reply/Quote

Depends on the offer.  I would need at least a 2 this year.  Tough to see either team trading up for QB4 in that scenario, though.  Denver would logically trade up to 4 with the Falcons if they're going QB.  The Falcons need defense desperately and there's no value on defense at 4, plus they'd be screwing their division rivals by letting another team jump them for a QB.  
Reply/Quote

Jamaar Chase at 5 and don't look back. I would be wildly tempted, but that would be my pick. I think the Bengals will get a guy who is 80% of Sewell in rd 2. Flipping that, in round 2 they would probably be getting 60% of Chase. I'll take the guy with the higher ceiling and biggest gap in talent between he and the guys behind him. Not even close.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 06:49 PM)BengalsFanRealist2855 Wrote: Aw did I offend the o line guys lol take a joke 

There are plenty of funny and hilarious people on this board. You are not one of them. Your act comes across as stupid, crass and juvenile. And you're the one that sounds butthurt. All we are doing is letting you know.
Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote