Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Report: Burrow pushing for Bengals to draft Chase
(03-26-2021, 01:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You're forgetting (or intentionally leaving out) a decent amount of his 491 offensive snaps played in 2020 were at OG.
I don't have separate scores for OT vs OG, but his OT scores are (likely) higher than his snaps taken at OG.

LT - 8 games, composite score 54.4. High 70.6, low 40.1, 278 snaps.
RT - 1 game 68.6, 77 snaps.
RG - 2 games, composite score 45.8. High 47.5, low 44.1, 124 snaps. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Maybe we could take Chase in the first and a average blocking TE in the second that we could probably get in the 5th. Sorry I'm still not over that one. Tee was a heck of a pick in the second though, to be fair.
Reply/Quote
So what guard or tackle do we take in 2? That's what we need to start looking at. The good news is that the Bengals do very well with second round picks. The bad news is that they suck at drafting OL.
Reply/Quote
I WANT MEAT N POTATAS TYPE OF GUYS!! BIG HOSSES THAT CANT BE MOVED!!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 11:26 PM)samhain Wrote: So what guard or tackle do we take in 2?  That's what we need to start looking at.  The good news is that the Bengals do very well with second round picks.  The bad news is that they suck at drafting OL.

YES YES WE NEED TO DRAFT PENIS SWOLE AND NOTHING BUT 350 POUND GROWN MEN THAT EATS MEAT AND POTATAS. I WANT OUR GO TO PLAY IS TO BE RUN MIXON BEHIND THE MEAT AND POTATAS!!
Reply/Quote
Word on the street is this is probably sports media making a mountain out of a mole hill and continuing to run with Burrows comments he said weeks ago.
Reply/Quote
I’d be happy with Chase or Sewell. Hopefully we see some qbs rise. I was thinking trade down before, but if either Chase or Sewell is there, take them. If they aren’t there, definitely trade down and grab an offensive lineman or edge.
Reply/Quote
If a beefy OL is what we want just hire five Sumo Wrestlers to play OL!
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 11:26 PM)samhain Wrote: So what guard or tackle do we take in 2?  That's what we need to start looking at.  The good news is that the Bengals do very well with second round picks.  The bad news is that they suck at drafting OL.

If we take Chase (or Pitts/Smith) at #5, my 2nd round OL targets would be:

1) Alex Leatherwood, Alabama. OT/OG. 

Played OT but some see him as a guard. Killed his pro-day. T/G versatility. 

2) Wyatt Davis, Ohio State. Pure guard.

Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma and Landon Dickerson, Alabama, are the top rated centers. If they could play guard, maybe. But I think Leatherwood or Davis would be the call in Rd 2 if we go receiver/TE at #5.

If we go Sewell at #5, then WR top of 2. LSU's Marshall or Purdue's Moore are your likely targets. I doubt Bateman (Minny) or Toney (Florida) slip into Rd2.
Reply/Quote
I’d go for Eichenberg before Davis. Notre Dame puts out quality olinemen. Them and Iowa.

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 02:40 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’d go for Eichenberg before Davis. Notre Dame puts out quality olinemen. Them and Iowa.

Heh yeah.  Cuz Ohio State churns out Price, Elfein, Mike Adams, etc.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 08:25 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: This proves Burrow is not a very smart guy. Burrow loves Zac and thinks an old WR buddy is a better idea than having protection after getting his knee shredded in the NFL. You know what, get him Chase and draft another QB because Burrow will be another Luck before he knows it.

Why do you have a picture of burrow hurting his knee as your profile pic? Let me guess, you wish we still had Amanda
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 01:30 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: If we take Chase (or Pitts/Smith) at #5, my 2nd round OL targets would be:

1) Alex Leatherwood, Alabama. OT/OG. 

Played OT but some see him as a guard. Killed his pro-day. T/G versatility. 

2) Wyatt Davis, Ohio State. Pure guard.

Creed Humphrey, Oklahoma and Landon Dickerson, Alabama, are the top rated centers. If they could play guard, maybe. But I think Leatherwood or Davis would be the call in Rd 2 if we go receiver/TE at #5.

If we go Sewell at #5, then WR top of 2. LSU's Marshall or Purdue's Moore are your likely targets. I doubt Bateman (Minny) or Toney (Florida) slip into Rd2.

I like this. I wonder if there’s anyway to trade back tho. We could still get a playmaker on offense mid-round1 , and pick up another second rounder to address oline and defense with 2 early second picks.

If we went Sewell in 1. Elijah Moore is on my
Radar from Oxford
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 10:37 AM)AQIndianHill Wrote: Why do you have a picture of burrow hurting  his knee as your profile pic?  Let me guess, you wish we still had Amanda

That was after a sack in game 3 way before his knee busted, he was landing on his back too often.

Who is Amanda by the way?
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 07:45 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I think its Chase or Smith if Chase is taken. otherwise we would have got a vet receiver. I think they are comfortable with
Sample and Uzomah

And with Reynolds, Watkins, and Conley now signed elsewhere, there really aren’t any quality WRs remaining who are under 30 years old.

It really feels like WR will be taken on Day 1 or 2 of the draft, and they’ll probably get a 2nd WR on Day 3 since Tate and Thomas will hit FA next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 11:05 AM)ochocincos Wrote: And with Reynolds, Watkins, and Conley now signed elsewhere, there really aren’t any quality WRs remaining who are under 30 years old.

It really feels like WR will be taken on Day 1 or 2 of the draft, and they’ll probably get a 2nd WR on Day 3 since Tate and Thomas will hit FA next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feels like we need something like a Sanu in 3 Marvin Jones in 5 type deal
Reply/Quote
Every year you can find good wide receivers after round 1. Metcalf, Micheal Thomas, Tyreek Hill , Tyler Body, Tee Higgins, Chris Goodwin, Allen Robinson , Kenny Golloday, Chase Claypool , Ju Ju Smith , Terry Mclaurin, Stephon Diggs , Keenan Allen ,ect. That tackle run in the 1st and top of the 2nd round gets crazy. Plus we’re relying on Tobin to draft a good guard and tackle after round 1 when he’s been awful at drafting lineman.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 10:52 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: That was after a sack in game 3 way before his knee busted, he was landing on his back too often.

I'd say, emm, Andy Dalton, but that's merely a guess really.
Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 10:52 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Who is Amanda by the way?

(03-27-2021, 11:29 AM)hollodero Wrote: I'd say, emm, Andy Dalton, but that's merely a guess really.

Ms Hunginkiss...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-27-2021, 10:52 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: That was after a sack in game 3 way before his knee busted, he was landing on his back too often.

So you don’t like him? That would have effectively been his 3rd preseason. Game. Anyway, he had a very bad line and was holding a little too long.

Mandy dalton? You don’t know her?
Reply/Quote