Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Trump called WWI Marines buried in France "losers" and "suckers"
(09-10-2020, 10:45 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Interesting choice of words. It’s like a tell.

WTS . . . Lucie’s tell was their, there, and, they’re. Couldn’t use those in a sentence to save his life.

I don't have a huge problem with his comments to Woodward about the officials. I don't agree with him, but that isn't too problematic to me because it just displays a difference in priorities. Calling them *****, though? Not cool.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Are you concerned about our military and our national defense?

If so who do you trust more?

Donald Trump?

Or these guys?

Army General Colin Powell, Sec. of Defense under George W Bush
Marine Four Star Gen John Allen
Navy Admiral William McRaven, commander of Special Operations Command Europe under George W. Bush and commander of Joint Special Operations Command under Barrack Obama
Marine Gen. Jim Mattis, Sec. of Defense chosen by Donald Trump
Leon Panetta, Sec. of Defense under Obama
Marine General John Kelly, Chief of Staff chosen by Donald Trump
William Perry, Sec. of Defense under Clinton
Sean O'Keefe, Sec. of Navy under George H Bush
Navy Admiral Glenn Mullen, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff under George W Bush
Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff under Obama
Chuck Hagel, Republican Senator (Nebraska) and Sec. of Defense
Ash Carter, Sec of Defense chosen by Donald Trump
Ray Mabus, Sec. of navy under Obama
William Cohen, Republican Senator (Maine) and Sec. of Defense
Air Force Gen. Michael Hayden, Director of National Intelligence and CIA under George W Bush

If those guys know so much about the military and foreign policy, then how come none of them ever made the rank of Commander-in-Chief? 

There's a reason why Trump doesn't want his children to go into the military!!  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2020, 12:14 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: For the same reasons the Catholic Church, Boy Scouts, Penn State and other scandals took years to come to light.

If I may ask (I know I'm a week late), why DID the PSU stuff take so long?

(09-04-2020, 01:14 PM)jj22 Wrote: Trumps never been pro vets. He's attacked gold star families, purple heart veterans, fallen soldiers, those who have been captured and tortured. This shouldn't surprise anyone. The only surprise is his supporters turning on vets for Trump. Vets used to be the one people we all rallied behind.

They don't even care about our military men and women having bounties put on their heads.

We can never let these people act proAmerica or Patriotic again. Once Trump is out of office, they must wear this stain. They can't have it both ways. Can't just "care" about vets when they make up lies about why athletes kneel.

How about carving a, "MAGA," into their foreheads?

[Image: ou-know-somethin-tivich-ink-this-just-mi...083595.png]

Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 03:33 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If I may ask (I know I'm a week late), why DID the PSU stuff take so long?

How about carving a, "MAGA," into their foreheads?

[Image: ou-know-somethin-tivich-ink-this-just-mi...083595.png]

Ninja

Victims of sexual abuse often don't report it because they fear they won't be believed.  They don't want other to know.  They feel ashamed.  In the case of Penn State, the victims were kids abused by a respected coach without witnesses in most cases.  Even when there was a witness it was covered up. How would one of those kids alone get people to believe their word against Sandusky's without physical evidence?

Odds are you know at least one victim of sexual abuse and they never reported it.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2020, 03:53 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Victims of sexual abuse often don't report it because they fear they won't be believed.  They don't want other to know.  They feel ashamed.  In the case of Penn State, the victims were kids abused by a respected coach without witnesses in most cases.  Even when there was a witness it was covered up. How would one of those kids alone get people to believe their word against Sandusky's without physical evidence?

Odds are you know at least one victim of sexual abuse and they never reported it.

With children they are usually groomed to believe that they are agreeing to have sex.  The predator does not use force or threats.  Instead he convinces the child that he should do it.

When McQueary caught Sandusky abusing that boy in the locker room the victim did not think he had been saved.  He thought he had beencaught  having sex with Sandusky and would get in trouble for it.
Reply/Quote