Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Report: Trump called WWI Marines buried in France "losers" and "suckers"
(09-08-2020, 05:57 PM)PhilHos Wrote: How about 10 people going on record publicly and not as 'anonymous sources' saying he didn't insult the troops?

Here’s an example of what to expect from the Trump administration on the record . . .

https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/chris-hayes-kellyanne-conway-remembered-094142432.html

Just straight up, bald face lies while looking you dead in the eye.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 08:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: Trump supporters don't believe their own eyes and ears.  They believe what Trump tells them.

Trump retweeted in 2015 a story about him calling McCain a loser and then denied he ever said it in 2020.  And his defenders just ignore all of that.

There is literally nothing he could do or say that they won't find a way to still support him.  Some will say that is because of "fake news".  Some will claim an oath to support the POTUS.  Some are just stupid.  Some are in all three categories, IMHO.

Stuff like this is why the Trump marketing stuff thst says "TRUMP - No more bullshit" is such a bitter laugh. The guy has taken bullshit to the highest level.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 10:18 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Stuff like this is why the Trump marketing stuff thst says "TRUMP - No more bullshit" is such a bitter laugh. The guy has taken bullshit to the highest level.

the campaign also randomly jumps back and forth between "Keep America Great" and "Make America Great Again".

Which is it?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 10:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: the campaign also randomly jumps back and forth between "Keep America Great" and "Make America Great Again".

Which is it?

Ida know, it's just so amazingly wrong. Trump no more bullshit is like saying The Bee Gees greatest hits - NO MORE FALSETTO OR DISCO
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 10:22 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: the campaign also randomly jumps back and forth between "Keep America Great" and "Make America Great Again".

Which is it?

It fluctuates.  On one day it's great and then other days it slips in OK territory and it needs to get great again.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 10:40 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Trump’s demonstrably false claim he gave historic levels of money to the military is a lie.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2018/08/13/us/politics/fact-check-trump-military-spending.amp.html

Anyone who repeats that lie as the truth is also a liar.

You should not be able to make up things I say and then call me a liar for saying them. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 11:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You should not be able to make up things I say and then call me a liar for saying them. 

If we’re gonna measure commitment to the military by the size of the military’s budget then I guess it’s too goddamn bad that Trump’s action don’t back up his bullshit because you can clearly see his predecessors out spent him.

Your claim the military suffered during Obama’s second term is just more of Trump’s unsubstantiated bullshit because 1) we withdrew from Iraq (“getting out of these endless wars” as Trump stated two days ago so the military budget was reduced because we didn’t need the 2) manpower for two operational theaters and we didn’t have 3) the operational expenses of two operational theaters. Because as it turns out 4) one endless war is cheaper than two endless wars. Nor does one endless war require the same troop levels as two endless wars, especially when you reduce troop levels in your one remaining endless war.

But, Trump is an OG birther so he doesn’t have the honesty or integrity to admit that to his followers if he is even capable of paying attention for more than five minutes for a briefing to even understand.

Basically, you don’t need to pay for a dually after you get rid of your RV and don’t need to haul anything any more so you downsize to a more affordable truck. Or in this case, if you’ve got two duallies and you only need one, get rid of one and save yourself a shit ton of money. And that doesn’t mean your remaining dually is broken and needs to be rebuilt.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 11:02 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: It fluctuates.  On one day it's great and then other days it slips in OK territory and it needs to get great again.

For all the MAGA marketing their real message is more along the lines of Democrats are deadly.  Whether America is great or ok you can rest assured if a Democrat gets in office things are going to spiral into ruin.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 11:15 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You should not be able to make up things I say and then call me a liar for saying them. 

(09-09-2020, 01:01 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: If we’re gonna measure commitment to the military by the size of the military’s budget then I guess it’s too goddamn bad that Trump’s action don’t back up his bullshit because you can clearly see his predecessors out spent him.

Your claim the military suffered during Obama’s second term is just more of Trump’s unsubstantiated bullshit because 1) we withdrew from Iraq (“getting out of these endless wars” as Trump stated two days ago so the military budget was reduced because we didn’t need the 2) manpower for two operational theaters and we didn’t have 3) the operational expenses of two operational theaters. Because as it turns out 4) one endless war is cheaper than two endless wars. Nor does one endless war require the same troop levels as two endless wars, especially when you reduce troop levels in your one remaining endless war.

But, Trump is an OG birther so he doesn’t have the honesty or integrity to admit that to his followers if he is even capable of paying attention for more than five minutes for a briefing to even understand.

Basically, you don’t need to pay for a dually after you get rid of your RV and don’t need to haul anything any more so you downsize to a more affordable truck.
Well no one said you could not I simply suggested you should not. 

Not one time did I compare the money Obama spent in his 8 years in office against the money Trump has spent in his 3. I recognized the the first term of Obama's Presidency he was Military friendly. But for some reason that only you know, this struck a cord in you and you now insist of calling me a liar when I've shown time and again that I have not said the things you accuse me of lying about. 

With the new forum I decided to give all an equal chance and there are those referees that will call out certain posters on posting what they consider dishonest positions; however, they're pretty Liberal in who they call out.

WTS, no one (officially or otherwise) will ever have to adjudicate a conversation between you and I again  
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 01:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well no one said you could not I simply suggested you should not. 

Not one time did I compare the money Obama spent in his 8 years in office against the money Trump has spent in his 3. I recognized the the first term of Obama's Presidency he was Military friendly. But for some reason that only you know, this struck a cord in you and you now insist of calling me a liar when I've shown time and again that I have not said the things you accuse me of lying about. 

With the new forum I decided to give all an equal chance and there are those referees that will call out certain posters on posting what they consider dishonest positions; however, they're pretty Liberal in who they call out.

WTS, no one (officially or otherwise) will ever have to adjudicate a conversation between you and I again  

Oh, so we’re talking about Trump’s military budgets and we’re talking about Obama’s military budgets, but were not comparing the two? Okey doke.

And I didn’t compare 8 years of spending versus three. I compared budgets on a year by year basis. Which is why Trump’s claim he spent historic amounts on the military is a lie. Because he didn’t.

But, you’ve got the whole internet to prove me wrong. Have at it.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2020, 05:16 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  But everything he says and does publicly supports the Military and our service men and women. 

Except when he stole money from the military to pay for his wall.

And when his ban on transgender hiring limited the military's ability to recruit qualified applicants at a time when they are struggling to fill quotas.

And when he undercut the security of our troops based in South Korea by cancelling military training exercises after Kim played him for a fool.

And when he refused to confront Putin about Russia placing bounties on US troops in Afghanistan.

His increase in the military budget is just another example of him using huge deficit spending to artificially pump up the economy.  The pay raises to the personnel was only a small part of the budget increase. Most of it went to generating corporate profits for the military indistrial complex and putting more money in the pockets of the wealthiest 10% of Americans who own 90% of coporate stocks.

He "loves the servicemen" the way a child molester gives his victims nice gifts to buy their silence.
Reply/Quote
Just words.

[Image: EhfIU0uXkAIJJnJ?format=jpg&name=large]

Just words.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 03:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: Just words.

[Image: EhfIU0uXkAIJJnJ?format=jpg&name=large]

Just words.

Sounds like someone who not only supports the military, but would never call them suckers. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Come on neo-cons, if you can be convinced that John Kerry is a military-hating farce of a patriot surely you can feel the same way about Donald Trump.
Reply/Quote
Are you concerned about our military and our national defense?

If so who do you trust more?

Donald Trump?

Or these guys?

Army General Colin Powell, Sec. of Defense under George W Bush
Marine Four Star Gen John Allen
Navy Admiral William McRaven, commander of Special Operations Command Europe under George W. Bush and commander of Joint Special Operations Command under Barrack Obama
Marine Gen. Jim Mattis, Sec. of Defense chosen by Donald Trump
Leon Panetta, Sec. of Defense under Obama
Marine General John Kelly, Chief of Staff chosen by Donald Trump
William Perry, Sec. of Defense under Clinton
Sean O'Keefe, Sec. of Navy under George H Bush
Navy Admiral Glenn Mullen, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff under George W Bush
Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff under Obama
Chuck Hagel, Republican Senator (Nebraska) and Sec. of Defense
Ash Carter, Sec of Defense chosen by Donald Trump
Ray Mabus, Sec. of navy under Obama
William Cohen, Republican Senator (Maine) and Sec. of Defense
Air Force Gen. Michael Hayden, Director of National Intelligence and CIA under George W Bush

All of these guys are highly critical of Trump's policies.

If you really care about our military and/or national security then help vote Trump put of office.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: William Perry, Sec. of Defense under Clinton

[Image: 3636bb95c1a8f3118e5d82a0a6cd4fe4.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 06:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Army General Colin Powell, Sec. of Defense under George W Bush
Marine Four Star Gen John Allen
Navy Admiral William McRaven, commander of Special Operations Command Europe under George W. Bush and commander of Joint Special Operations Command under Barrack Obama
Marine Gen. Jim Mattis, Sec. of Defense chosen by Donald Trump
Leon Panetta, Sec. of Defense under Obama
Marine General John Kelly, Chief of Staff chosen by Donald Trump
William Perry, Sec. of Defense under Clinton
Sean O'Keefe, Sec. of Navy under George H Bush
Navy Admiral Glenn Mullen, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff under George W Bush
Army Gen. Martin Dempsey, Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff under Obama
Chuck Hagel, Republican Senator (Nebraska) and Sec. of Defense
Ash Carter, Sec of Defense chosen by Donald Trump
Ray Mabus, Sec. of navy under Obama
William Cohen, Republican Senator (Maine) and Sec. of Defense
Air Force Gen. Michael Hayden, Director of National Intelligence and CIA under George W Bush

All of these guys are highly critical of Trump's policies.

What policies?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 07:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What policies?

Possibly his policy of putting himself before country. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2020, 07:23 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: What policies?

So, this has been something I have been seeing a lot in here. Coming at this as a policy analyst I just want to say that policy isn't always a formal thing. A public declaration about something from the President is policy in itself as it is the position of the Executive Branch.

Now, all of this comes with a yuuuuge caveat. Because Trump changes his position as often as I fart, it can make it difficult to drill down on his positions and also causes confusion with regards to where the current mood is of the branch.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
Reply/Quote
Quote:-- Trump has come under fire in recent days for reportedly making disparaging remarks about US military personnel and veterans. Woodward's book includes an anecdote where an aide to Mattis heard Trump say in a meeting, "my f---ing generals are a bunch of *****" because they cared more about alliances than trade deals. Mattis asked the aide to document the comment in an email to him. And Trump himself criticized military officials to Woodward over their view that alliances with NATO and South Korea are the best bargain the US makes. "I wouldn't say they were stupid, because I would never say that about our military people," Trump said. "But if they said that, they -- whoever said that was stupid. It's a horrible bargain ... they make so much money. Costs us $10 billion. We're suckers.”

Interesting choice of words. It’s like a tell.

WTS . . . Lucie’s tell was their, there, and, they’re. Couldn’t use those in a sentence to save his life.
Reply/Quote