Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reporter On New Email Dump That Reveals Secret Inner Workings Of The EPA
It is a long read, but you can listen to it also at the link.

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/09/609697381/reporter-on-new-email-dump-that-reveals-secret-inner-workings-of-the-epa

Quote:New York Times reporter Eric Lipton says the response to a recent FOIA request shows that Scott Pruitt and his staff have gone to great lengths to keep the public and the news media at a distance.

Pruitt is a complete cuckoo.  And while that is a perfect fit for the Trump administration it's terrifying to see.

From his extreme secrecy to his paranoia.  It is sad.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
He is the worst hire for a cabinet position in recent memory. And that is saying something considering who runs the education dpt.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
He is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing. Slowly declawing the EPA.

Pruitt will get a lot more Done between now and 2024. It’s exciting.

Leftists are just upset because worship at the feet of the EPA. It’s one of their Gods.

Love Pruitt. One of the best appointments.

It’s Hilarious the media is upset. They are just puppets of the environmental groups anyway. Shrinking the EPA and lessening it’s grip is not some scandel. He is doing a great job.

I find it funny that the reporter thinks his job is to regulate. Why can’t his job to be to lessen over. regulation. It’s not like he is just wiping out every single regulation.

Pruitt should be wary of security with the amount of former obama people. Leaking throughout the government. Plus the EPA is likely filled with environmental zealots. He is truly operating in the snakes den.
(05-10-2018, 01:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing.  Slowly declawing the EPA.  

Pruitt will get a lot more Done between now and 2024.  It’s exciting.

Leftists are just upset because worship at the feet of the EPA.  It’s one of their Gods.  

It’s Hilarious the media is upset.  They are just puppets of the environmental groups anyway.  Shrinking the EPA and lessening it’s grip is not some scandel.   He is doing a great job.

I find it funny that the reporter thinks his job is to regulate. Why can’t his job to be to lessen over. regulation.   It’s not like he is just wiping out every single regulation.  

Pruitt should be wary of security with the amount of former obama people. Leaking throughout the government.   Plus the EPA is likely filled with environmental zealots.  He is truly operating in the snakes den.

Leftists are upset because they are educated enough to see what happens with no EPA.  They know about the air in Chine today, and the Cuyahoga River catching fire in the US before we had the EPA.
(05-10-2018, 01:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing. Slowly declawing the EPA.

Pruitt will get a lot more Done between now and 2024. It’s exciting.

Leftists are just upset because worship at the feet of the EPA. It’s one of their Gods.

It’s Hilarious the media is upset. They are just puppets of the environmental groups anyway. Shrinking the EPA and lessening it’s grip is not some scandel. He is doing a great job.

I find it funny that the reporter thinks his job is to regulate. Why can’t his job to be to lessen over. regulation. It’s not like he is just wiping out every single regulation.

Pruitt should be wary of security with the amount of former obama people. Leaking throughout the government. Plus the EPA is likely filled with environmental zealots. He is truly operating in the snakes den.

First, Pruitt is a corrupt individual. Second, his job isn't to declaw the EPA, his job is defined by the mission of the EPA: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/our-mission-and-what-we-do

The laws they are supposed to create regulations to enforce are, in part, listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Environmental_Protection_Agency#Related_legislation

If he isn't doing his part to make sure these laws are being enforced with regulations, then he is failing in his job at the EPA Administrator.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-10-2018, 01:00 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: He is doing exactly what he is supposed to be doing.  Slowly declawing the EPA.  

Leftists are just upset because worship at the feet of the EPA.  It’s one of their Gods.  

It’s Hilarious the media is upset.  They are just puppets of the environmental groups anyway.  Shrinking the EPA and lessening it’s grip is not some scandel.   He is doing a great job.

I find it funny that the reporter thinks his job is to regulate. Why can’t his job to be to lessen over. regulation.   It’s not like he is just wiping out every single regulation.  

Pruitt should be wary of security with the amount of former obama people. Leaking throughout the government.   Plus the EPA is likely filled with environmental zealots.  He is truly operating in the snakes den.

(05-10-2018, 01:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: First, Pruitt is a corrupt individual. Second, his job isn't to declaw the EPA, his job is defined by the mission of the EPA: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/our-mission-and-what-we-do

The laws they are supposed to create regulations to enforce are, in part, listed here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Environmental_Protection_Agency#Related_legislation

If he isn't doing his part to make sure these laws are being enforced with regulations, then he is failing in his job at the EPA Administrator.

And he's not even undoing reglutations...he's just saying he will.  There's a long process to do it.

https://www.npr.org/2018/05/10/609979515/how-much-scott-pruitt-has-changed-the-epa-is-an-open-question

Even when they have presented evidence for getting rid of a regulation it reads like a pamphlet compared to the science and backing FOR the regulation when it was created.

You done lost your mind. He is the head of the EPA. The inviroment does not have a voice of its own. He is supposed to protect it. Instead he is working for lobbyists. That is broke as shit and to say otherwise means you have no idea what you are talking about. 

And to think you need a 24/7 security team because of hippees proves he is as big of a coward as he is crooked
(05-10-2018, 01:11 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: First, Pruitt is a corrupt individual. Second, his job isn't to declaw the EPA, his job is defined by the mission of the EPA: https://www.epa.gov/aboutepa/our-mission-and-what-we-do

Trump was elected with the mandate to cut regulations. The EPA being a major target. He said he was going to go after them and he is doing so, he appointed the right guy to get this job done.

The reality is that the obama epa did so much to hurt this country that we need someone in here who will take it down from the inside. It’s really a shame every environmental zealot in there can’t be fired at once. The department needs a serious course correction.
(05-10-2018, 02:27 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: You done lost your mind. He is the head of the EPA. The inviroment does not have a voice of its own. He is supposed to protect it. Instead he is working for lobbyists. That is broke as shit and to say otherwise means you have no idea what you are talking about. 

And to think you need a 24/7 security team because of hippees proves he is as big of a coward as he is crooked

Environmental terrorists are an issue. The EPA is their God.

You can safeguard the environment without crippling regulations.
(05-10-2018, 02:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Trump was elected with the mandate to cut regulations. The EPA being a major target. He said he was going to go after them and he is doing so, he appointed the right guy to get this job done.

The reality is that the obama epa did so much to hurt this country that we need someone in here who will take it down from the inside. It’s really a shame every environmental zealot in there can’t be fired at once. The department needs a serious course correction.

Trump wasn't elected with a mandate. A mandate implies at least a plurality, but usually a majority, of popular support. This is something Trump has never had. The rest of your point is just opinionated bloviating that doesn't need to be addressed.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-10-2018, 03:03 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Trump wasn't elected with a mandate. A mandate implies at least a plurality, but usually a majority, of popular support. This is something Trump has never had. The rest of your point is just opinionated bloviating that doesn't need to be addressed.

Trump won the election to do exactly what he said he would..... and he has been doing that again and again.

His mandate is from his voters, and they expect him to do what he said.
(05-10-2018, 04:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Trump won the election to do exactly what he said he would.....  and he has been doing that again and again.  

His mandate is from his voters, and they expect him to do what he said.

(05-10-2018, 04:34 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Trump won the election to do exactly what he said he would.....  and he has been doing that again and again.  

Yeah he drained the swamp and found some bog bodies to run the show. Wow how he drained that thing. Remarkable.

Note: Trump supporters don't even care about blatantly corrupt admin members he picks. Jeez, you guys do take that "love him for his flaws"-thing to some lengths.

I mean, I do get that screw the environment aspect. The environment kills thousands of US citizens every year, and that's clearly an act of war. But that you're also fine with Pruitt's corruption, that's something else.
(05-10-2018, 04:47 PM)hollodero Wrote: Yeah he drained the swamp and found some bog bodies to run the show. Wow how he drained that thing. Remarkable.

Note: Trump supporters don't even care about blatantly corrupt admin members he picks. Jeez, you guys do take that "love him for his flaws"-thing to some lengths.

I mean, I do get that screw the environment aspect. The environment kills thousands of US citizens every year, and that's clearly an act of war. But that you're also fine with Pruitt's corruption, that's something else.

I’m not ok with corruption. A lot of his supposed corruption is over blown. If there is legitimate corruption and it’s knowingly done then yes we should do something.

The issue is that because it’s the epa it just looks like the leftists are overblowing the whole thing.
The d-bag has like at least 10 investigations into him right now isn't it? Even if you are in favor tearing down the epa, the guy is ripping the taxpayers off with some of the stuff he has pulled.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(05-10-2018, 04:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I’m not ok with corruption.  A lot of his supposed corruption is over blown.  If there is legitimate corruption and it’s knowingly done then yes we should do something.  

The issue is that because it’s the epa it just looks like the leftists are overblowing the whole thing.

Ah no, the issue is rather because it's leftists complaining, you'd better circle your wagons without even bothering about the merit of the accusations.

Quote:But since he came to Washington, Pruitt has managed to accumulate an extraordinarily lengthy series of questionable episodes and outright scandals. Let’s run them down:

• Pruitt had an unusual arrangement in which he rented a room in a Capitol Hill townhouse for $50 a night from the wife of a corporate lobbyist, but didn’t have to pay rent when he wasn’t in town. Despite initial denials that the husband lobbied the EPA, we learned later that he had.

• In the apparent belief that environmentalist spies had broken into his office and installed listening devices (or something), Pruitt’s office has been swept for bugs; the contractor hired to do the sweep is a buddy of Pruitt’s chief of security.

• That sweep was apparently insufficient, because Pruitt demanded that a soundproof booth be installed in the office so he could make super-secret phone calls, at a cost of $43,000.

• Pruitt has insisted on traveling first class, supposedly because of security concerns; he justified it by saying that “We live in a very toxic environment politically.” After multiple news stories about his swanky seats, he announced that henceforth he’d fly coach.

• Pruitt has also spent tens of thousands of dollars on charter and military flights, because sometimes he’s just got to get where he’s going.

• Pruitt’s aides explored leasing a private jet for him to use in his travels, but nixed the plan when they could not justify the cost.

• Unlike previous EPA administrators, Pruitt demanded a round-the-clock security detail including 18 agents and costing the taxpayers millions of dollars. He takes taxpayer-funded security on personal trips to places like Disneyland. This is nothing new for him; when he was attorney general of Oklahoma, he reassigned investigative agents to serve as his driver and bodyguard.

• Pruitt asked for large salary increases for two of his aides; when the White House refused, he found an obscure provision of the Safe Drinking Water Act that allowed him to give them the increases without permission.

• Pruitt sent an aide to go house-hunting for him, an apparent violation of ethics rules.

• Pruitt asked for a bulletproof car, and told his security detail to use their sirens and flashing lights to get him out of traffic on his way to dinner, in violation of ordinary protocols.

• Officials who have questioned some of Pruitt’s spending and other practices have been fired or demoted.

• Pruitt created a task force to oversee the Superfund program and installed to lead it a banker who had been banned from the banking industry and had no environmental experience, but had loaned Scott Pruitt over a million dollars.

• Pruitt directed EPA staff to explore establishing an office in his home town of Tulsa that would include “a conference room, secure parking, would be able to accommodate 24/7 security, and included a Sensitive Compartmented Information Facility (SCIF) for secure communications.” While SCIFs are commonly used in the White House, the CIA, or the Pentagon, you don’t find them in EPA offices.

Source

Yeah, he allegedly also gave his staff a list of countries he wished to travel to and asked them to find a reason for him to go there.
Swamp=drained.
(05-10-2018, 05:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: Ah no, the issue is rather because it's leftists complaining, you'd better circle your wagons without even bothering about the merit of the accusations.

Source

Yeah, he allegedly also gave his staff a list of countries he wished to travel to and asked them to find a reason for him to go there.
Swamp=drained.

I will add that Pruitt chose not to prosecute major cases of pollution in Oklahoma, his home state, to the point that one local river (I'm not sure if there's more), was so contaminated from chicken poop (I kid you not), from nearby chicken industries, that even today it looks green. I don't have the citation for this, but I'm stating what I heard on a radio program. I'm sure Dino or maybe even Matt might follow up with links here. By no means am I implying that they are my lackeys or that I would think of them that way Tongue , just that they have a passion for citation that will probably invite them to to do. I'm basing the fact that Dino has started many threads with stories directly linked and or bumped threads this way, to make my statement.

Edit
The claim from Pruitt was that the incidents occurred before he became state Attorney general ( I hope I remember the title correctly), as if this was a valid or reasonable excuse for making the river unusable.
(05-10-2018, 05:38 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: I will add that Pruitt chose not to prosecute major cases of pollution in Oklahoma, his home state, to the point that one local river (I'm not sure if there's more), was so contaminated from chicken poop (I kid you not), from nearby chicken industries, that even today it looks green. I don't have the citation for this, but I'm stating what I heard on a radio program. I'm sure Dino or maybe even Matt might follow up with links here. By no means am I implying that they are my lackeys or that I would think of them that way Tongue , just that they have a passion for citation that will probably invite them to to do. I'm basing the fact that Dino has started many threads with stories directly linked and or bumped threads this way, to make my statement.  

Edit
The claim from Pruitt was that the incidents occurred before he became state Attorney general ( I hope I remember the title correctly), as if this was a valid or reasonable excuse for making the river unusable.

https://stateimpact.npr.org/oklahoma/2018/05/03/in-oklahoma-critics-say-pruitt-stalled-pollution-case-after-taking-industry-funds/

ThumbsUp
(05-10-2018, 05:22 PM)hollodero Wrote: Ah no, the issue is rather because it's leftists complaining, you'd better circle your wagons without even bothering about the merit of the accusations.

Source

Swamp=drained.

First let me Thank you for the list. I appreciate you making easy to respond directly to each.

As for the circling the wagons Comment. I just want these to be checked out before we rush to judgement calling these corruption.

1. The ethics people checked out his lease and everything was in order. It was a room rental. So nothing here.

2. Being paranoid in a place where you are surrounded by people who oppose your purpose is normal. The EPA is like a den of snakes to him and anyone else who wants to eat away at the EPA. So nothing here.

3. See #2. Admittedly this is over the top. I would rather see just firing the people who he doesn’t trust.

4. He doesn’t need first class travel on a regular basis. This should be checked out. But it’s minor.

5. See #4

6. So the process worked as intended. So nothing here.

7. We do not know the threats he receives. Eco terrorists are only rivaled by Muslims. Hard to nail a guy for security. If there is no threats then he doesn’t need it.

8. I believe he didn’t know about this and corrected the issue.

9. I don’t know the ethics rules but house hunting doesn’t seem like a big deal. But if it is then so be it. Either way it’s minor.

10. Seems this falls under #7

11. Who fired them and for what exact reason? Need more information.

12. He had plenty experience leading a large group. That’s why he was hired. His banking issues aren’t relevant. But I will say it was a questionable hire. Why even invite the drama.

13. Depends on how much work he does in Tulsa. Does his family still live there? Need more information.
(05-10-2018, 06:02 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Need more information.

I gave a link to the article, in said article these points provide a link for more detail.

Overall, I'd be willing to accept a possible honest explanation for one or two points, maybe. This list is just overwhelmingly long. And it really just deals with his conduct as head of the EPA. There's plenty of questionable stuff before that. It's a bit of a Suh situation, you can get the benefit of the doubt only that many times. Step on your fourth QB and people reasonably stop believing in your innocence.

That being said, my point is made and I don't intend to get deeper involved in some of your ridiculously questionable gov appointments. It's not him fascinating me.

Lastly, eco terrorists? How many casualties do they cause with their terror attacks.
Pruitt underlined his need for super protection - hopefully at least among other things - by providing a picture of his where someone drew a mustache on him. Scary, scary stuff.