Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports: Zeitler might be an option soon
(03-08-2019, 06:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great pass protector, but lacks in the running game.

Still would be for bringing Zeit back just not at near the price the Stains paid him.

He was crazy overpaid by them.

Isn't Kevin Zeitler a NY Giant, now?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Isn't Kevin Zeitler a NY Giant, now?

or will be when trades can be finalized.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 11:53 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Whit is 1 guy......

He is not singlehandly winning anything.

Hes not single handedlly, or to any degree whatsoever,  holding new team back, either, which is what was implied about his tenure here. Whit was non the problem with the o line here. 
Whits rellacements, with an s, on the other hand, did.  Hopefully this team makes a couple of waves in FA to make amends. Nice try last year, and I applaud them for making a solid move to land a serviceable LT.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Vernon played against the LTs in the NFC east the last two seasons all 3 are pro bowlers and still had decent seasons that’s a steal for Cleveland considering they drafted a capable replacement for Kevin and the RTs he’ll be going up against in the north aren’t even in the same ball park
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
Seems like a really dumb move by the Giants, trading away their only pass rusher for a RG with a big contract. No offense to Z, but RG's are a helluva lot easier to find than pass rushers.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2019, 06:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Isn't Kevin Zeitler a NY Giant, now?

(03-09-2019, 10:33 AM)McC Wrote: Seems like a really dumb move by the Giants, trading away their only pass rusher for a RG with a big contract. No offense to Z, but RG's are a helluva lot easier to find than pass rushers.

First i have heard of this. Does sound dumb. I think the Stains and Giants really overrate Zeit.

Not near good enough as a run blocker to give up as much as these teams did. Nothing against Zeit but you need to be good at more than one thing. Zeit is way too slow to pull and he isn't good at straight line run blocking either.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 05:33 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: First i have heard of this. Does sound dumb. I think the Stains and Giants really overrate Zeit.

Not near good enough as a run blocker to give up as much as these teams did. Nothing against Zeit but you need to be good at more than one thing. Zeit is way too slow to pull and he isn't good at straight line run blocking either.

Yep, if you can't move the man in front of you for the critical short yardage plays, what good are you?

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2019, 05:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yep, if you can't move the man in front of you for the critical short yardage plays, what good are you?

Damn rights, atleast Redmond can even if he gets called for the penalty that sets us back lol
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 04:29 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Damn rights, atleast Redmond can even if he gets called for the penalty that sets us back lol

Well, at least that's something that he can grow/be coached out of.  The natural aggressiveness is something that can't be learned/taught.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2019, 08:29 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, at least that's something that he can grow/be coached out of.  The natural aggressiveness is something that can't be learned/taught.

Often guys who have false start issues continue to have them.  He can be flinchy and slight movement by the defense causes him to jump.  He can be trying to time the snap count because he's outmatched by the guy in front of him.  It can simply be a mental issue.  He could have poor muscle endurance in his lower body and can't hold his water because of it.  He was reported to have issues with lower body strength and anchoring against the bull rush in college and we've seen it in the pros.  He also declared for the draft early only after being declared academically ineligible for UCLA's bowl game, so there are definitely intelligence and work ethic concerns with him.
Reply/Quote