Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports are Bengals lose Whitworth, Zeitler, Kirkpatrick
(03-08-2017, 12:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...IF the Bengals let Whitworth, Zeitler, and Kirkpatrick go and replaced them with younger players who were on the upswing...I'd be ok with that.

Whitworth is the oldest starting Tackle in the NFL. He's going to decline soon and it may be sharp.

Kirkpatrick is above average but not great.

Zeitler is the best Guard...but he's not great either.

IF the Bengals would commit that money to upgrading other roster positions...it wouldn't be so bad. But they likely won't.

.....and that's what is so frustrating in all of this.  Losing these guys would be no big deal if we knew they would work FA to their advantage and hit a homerun draft....but we've all seen this dog and pony show 5 too many times.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 12:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The Whitworth one was from 2 weeks ago. The Kirkpatrick one was just a general story from a few days ago that they were interested.

Way premature.

Well I doubt Whit has changed his stance in 2 weeks. As for Kirk, interest is interest. That's why I said I was less sure on him. That said, it's at least troubling that multiple teams will probably be vying for his services, and I've heard more rumors about him leaving than staying. 

(03-08-2017, 12:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and that's what is so frustrating in all of this.  Losing these guys would be no big deal if we knew they would work FA to their advantage and hit a homerun draft....but we've all seen this dog and pony show 5 too many times.

Exactly. If I knew the Bengals would be proactive with the money in FA, I wouldn't be as worried. Instead, I could easily see them being content with the 11 draft picks and a status quo bottom rung FA signing or two. The money saved from letting guys walk will be pocketed rolled forward for Eifert, Burfict, etc.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I've been a fan of Kirkpatrick all along, and have defended him many many times about how he comes from the opposite side of the field to save touchdowns and is only targeted because Jones is on the other side, so I find it somewhat amusing there is so much hand wringing about him leaving from so many who have said all along he is garbage
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:10 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: It's been reported that the Bengals want to resign Peko to mentor Billings.

That's so Bengal.

Aka the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:08 AM)kevin Wrote: News is Zeitler breaks the bank and comes out very high paid. Possible teams are 49ers or Browns but many others wanting him....Kirkpatrick, the news is The Steelers want him, Also the Titans among other teams....Denver says they are ready to out bid Bengals for Whitworth.

I'm not seeing much news on LaFell or Burkhead or Peko.....Bengals did tender an offer to TJ Johnson so in case they lose him they get a 7th round pick, WOW, that's exciting. Bengals and their collecting 7th round picks, the cheapest picks to pay....A Fan on this site said watch Peko be the only one they keep, and added lol.  It may be Peko is the only one they keep and we can add fcol...for crying out loud.

I hate how the Bengals do business. 

It is so hard to get a franchise QB in the NFL with all the teams ask of the position now. When you get a HOF type QB, (Brady, Brees, Roethlessburger, Rodgers.....)  you can afford to pick and choose which players you get and build through the draft. These QB's put you in a position to win each and every year and you can afford to wait and take a hit sometimes.

When you have a next tier down type of QB (Wilson, Rivers , Dalton) you can win a SuperBowl with them as long as you surround them with the right system and talent to match their skill set. Mike Brown obviously wants to go into some kind of half-assed rebuild mode right when our best offensive players are in their prime. I like Andy Dalton and he has had a great career so far, but he has his flaws and we should try to win while he is playing at a high level. We all seen what happens when he doesnt have a O-line and it was not pretty. Now we are content with letting the 2 best players on a horrible line walk? 

It sucks to say the least. Especially for Dalton and Green who will start feeling the Bengal way setting in pretty soon and wanting out too.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:08 AM)kevin Wrote: News is Zeitler breaks the bank and comes out very high paid. Possible teams are 49ers or Browns but many others wanting him....Kirkpatrick, the news is The Steelers want him, Also the Titans among other teams....Denver says they are ready to out bid Bengals for Whitworth.

I'm not seeing much news on LaFell or Burkhead or Peko.....Bengals did tender an offer to TJ Johnson so in case they lose him they get a 7th round pick, WOW, that's exciting. Bengals and their collecting 7th round picks, the cheapest picks to pay....A Fan on this site said watch Peko be the only one they keep, and added lol.  It may be Peko is the only one they keep and we can add fcol...for crying out loud.

If the Bengals lose all of The Big Three, that will definitely irk the fans. However, I don't think the Bengals would roll with just their current players on the roster or upcoming 2017 draft picks to fill those spots. I think we'll see two or three cheaper FAs brought in to replace those players. 
Personally, I think the OL spots are filled with (somewhat) cheaper vets, CB is attained via draft, and both WJ3 and Dennard get a chance to be the CB2 and CB3.
One thing the Bengals cannot do is roll out a starting OL of Ogbuehi - Boling - Bodine - Westerman/TJ Johnson - Fisher. They won't be THAT blind to think that would succeed.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
The sad part is that I am still holding out hope that they will at least bring one of these guys back. Unfortunately, there is a possibility that all 3 could be gone.

On the flip side, it's our faults. The Bengals straight up told us their plan is to spend $15m and we kept thinking that was crazy talk. They may spend it over it, but not if they lose all 3. They'll do the bare minimum, rely on the draft, sign a couple of camp cuts, and roll on from there. We should've expected this. This is exactly what the Steelers, Patriots, and Ravens do, right?

When you have $43m in cap space and are being told by the team AND media that you can't afford your own guys, something's wrong. Obviously everyone knows this team is straight garbage when it comes to free agency, but we as fans hold out hope that one year they'll get it right. The media knows they're not going to spend. The free agents know they're not going to spend. Our players know they're not going to spend.

The Bengals could easily be using $30m this year, but instead have decided to be cheap (big ***** surprise) yet again.
Reply/Quote
Whit is def gone now that it's reported the Bengals tried to undermine him leaving at combine. Not good....

Jay Glazer‏Verified account @JayGlazer · 1m1 minute ago
Whitworth also got lot of play but cincy smartly tried to convince teams at combine it was in stone he was back. Whit tried to insist not so

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 08:43 AM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: Every hour is comedy hour with the bengals

And with posts on here.. comedy hour too... 
Reply/Quote
Losing all three of these players with the cape space we have is inexcusable.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Could we wait until they sign elsewhere before we bytch about them signing elsewhere?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals lose all of The Big Three, that will definitely irk the fans. However, I don't think the Bengals would roll with just their current players on the roster or upcoming 2017 draft picks to fill those spots. I think we'll see two or three cheaper FAs brought in to replace those players. 
Personally, I think the OL spots are filled with (somewhat) cheaper vets, CB is attained via draft, and both WJ3 and Dennard get a chance to be the CB2 and CB3.
One thing the Bengals cannot do is roll out a starting OL of Ogbuehi - Boling - Bodine - Westerman/TJ Johnson - Fisher. They won't be THAT blind to think that would succeed.

Oh...you know how the Bengals roll with PR:

-They'll talk about Jackson, Billings, and Vigil as ready to breakout.
-They'll sell you on this years draft class.
-They'll bring in a big-name that is washed up like Mangold and talk about all of his all-pro appearances.
-They'll talk about how Zeitler was blocking Westerman's playing time.
-They'll talk about how CedO improved.
Reply/Quote
Frozen.......
Let 'em Goooooo!  Let 'em Gooooooo! 
Can't hold 'em back any more.
Let 'em go. Let 'em go.
Just turn back and slam the door.
I don't care what they're going to say.

Let the storm rage on.
The cold never bothered me anyway

Hey, lets turn these lemons into lemonade.  Just think about the 2018 Draft, we should be able to get at least a 4th or 5th round pick for one of these guys!  Its ok folks! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 01:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I've been a fan of Kirkpatrick all along, and have defended him many many times about how he comes from the opposite side of the field to save touchdowns and is only targeted because Jones is on the other side, so I find it somewhat amusing there is so much hand wringing about him leaving from so many who have said all along he is garbage

I'm more concerned with the loss on the oline, but Dre definitely came into his own last season, and you are right about his ability to get across the field at the right angle to make trailing tackles.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 12:49 PM)Wyche Wrote: .....and that's what is so frustrating in all of this.  Losing these guys would be no big deal if we knew they would work FA to their advantage and hit a homerun draft....but we've all seen this dog and pony show 5 too many times.

But....but.....the Bengals are only trying to emulate the Patriots! You know, take a bunch of no-names and win the Super Bowl  Ninja
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
If I was Dalton, I would "retire"
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 01:58 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: If I was Dalton, I would "retire"

What a quitter!!! We all know he's just scared to play football!!! 

Ninja
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 12:41 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly...IF the Bengals let Whitworth, Zeitler, and Kirkpatrick go and replaced them with younger players who were on the upswing...I'd be ok with that.

Whitworth is the oldest starting Tackle in the NFL. He's going to decline soon and it may be sharp.

Kirkpatrick is above average but not great.

Zeitler is the best Guard...but he's not great either.

IF the Bengals would commit that money to upgrading other roster positions...it wouldn't be so bad. But they likely won't.

lose our top three but re-sign Peko

pathetic- but I expect t it to happen.

If I was Whit and knew we were not signing Z and Dre- I would be out of town to Denver ASAP

AJ, Geno and Andy all need to ask for a trade if we let our top three go but re-sign Peko.
Reply/Quote
Of course, all of this "news" is purely speculation, at this point.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Saw Seahawks were showing interest in Whitworth as well. The weak OL class is driving up the price on Free Agent Offensive Tackles. Wagner getting over 9 million per year as a Right Tackle with the Lions. Zeitler has interest from almost every team in the league so he gone...Kirkpatrick has interest from Titans and Steelers and likely a few others so he gone too. But hey....Peko and Winston... Cry
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote