Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports are Bengals lose Whitworth, Zeitler, Kirkpatrick
(03-08-2017, 05:55 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I wouldn't mind having Brandon back. I want to see more of Core too though.

Same here, Lafell did well for his first season in a new system. He runs good routes and has solid hands
with great experience. With Core we have that deep speed we need. Problem with all of this is our QB has
to have some time to get the ball to these guys.

Losing Whit will make this a huge problem that we will have to address somehow.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Liked the LaFell deal because it was an inexpensive one. I don't like LaFell at proper #2 money, though.

LaFell at 1yr/$2.5m = Good
LaFell at 3yr/$18-24m = Bad

Well, that would be a good place to eat up cap money without actually improving.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Sources : On Zeitler, cincyjungle.com and also bigcatcountry.com and also denverpost.com and also stampedeblue.com........On Kirkpatrick, cincyjungle.com and also behindthesteelcurtain.com and also 247sports.com......On Whitworth, cincyjungle.com and also sportingnews.com.....I can add Peko drawing interest from Vikings, Eagles, 49ers from cincyjungle.com and also profootballtalknbcsports.com.....Now I'm Googling up latest news on LaFell and Burkhead and not finding anything. That does not mean some teams are not interested.

So people saying no news sources, well there are. Zeitler is said to break the bank as team go after him. Steelers very muck talking Kirkpatrick. Is it any surprise Zimmer interested in some of his players and I bet Gruden is in the mix as well. So the reports coming in are don't expect these players back. Denver wanting Whitworth, well you know who will win that bidding war and it won't be Mike Brown. If John Elway wants him, he will out bid Mike Brown, you can bet on that. I've heard Denver one year away from Super Bowl would like Romo at QB and Whitworth protecting his blind side to get back to Super Bowl with that defense.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Did anyone else see that Brandon LaFell posted to the Bengals on Instagram to re-sign Zeitler? LOL
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 06:16 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Did anyone else see that Brandon LaFell posted to the Bengals on Instagram to re-sign Zeitler? LOL
Mike won't see it.  He has a rotary phone and a manual typewriter in his office.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 06:18 PM)McC Wrote: Mike won't see it.  He has a rotary phone and a manual typewriter in his office.

Let's be honest, even if he did see it it wouldn't make a damn bit of difference.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 06:09 PM)McC Wrote: Well, that would be a good place to eat up cap money without actually improving.

Eh, i disagree with is one McC. Sure would i rather have a speedster like John Ross? Of course.

But Lafell is solid and could very well be much better in his 2nd year in the Offense.

(03-08-2017, 06:16 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Did anyone else see that Brandon LaFell posted to the Bengals on Instagram to re-sign Zeitler? LOL

Good man.
Reply/Quote

LaFell is a free agent also and I look for teams to come after him also because even though I see no stories on teams after him, I do see stories on how are Bengals going to replace him, when I Google latest news on LaFell.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 06:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, i disagree with is one McC. Sure would i rather have a speedster like John Ross? Of course.

But Lafell is solid and could very well be much better in his 2nd year in the Offense.

Good man.

It won't matter.  Nobody will be catching passes with Andy on his back.

Reply/Quote
And just for the record, the strategy of letting the market set the price for your own free agents is f****** stupid.

If at all possible you want to stop the guys you want to sign from hitting FA in the first place.

The fact we made no effort to sign any of them during the season tells me we were prepared to lose all 3.

Now Hobsin and Mike are giving us this fake urgency about how much they want them back with these ***** ass reports of heavy money on the table for Kirk.

I call bullshit

I bet we haven't even offered Kirk a deal yet
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 06:51 PM)Housh Wrote: Now Hobsin and Mike are giving us this fake urgency about how much they want them back with these ***** ass reports of heavy money on the table for Kirk.

Yeah. They just showed him two bags of pennies.
Reply/Quote
I would be surprised if we lost all 3. I am hoping we keep all 3 but I think Zeitler is a longshot at this point.

Other teams being interested in a player doesn't mean they're gone though. I know when this was posted the Bengals hadn't given us much to be optimistic about (though now the LaFell signing is a bit exciting at least).

Edit: How much are these teams gonna pay? Specifically what are the Steelers gonna offer DreK? They have less cap space than we do. A lot less. Like...less than half.

Reply/Quote
I just saw on Twitter that the Browns has an offer out to Zeitler that would make him the highest paid G in NFL history with an average salary of $11.5m per year with $30m guaranteed.

For that price, he gone.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 08:28 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I just saw on Twitter that the Browns has an offer out to Zeitler that would make him the highest paid G in NFL history with an average salary of $11.5m per year with $30m guaranteed.

For that price, he gone.

Hilarious Yah, he ain't worth all that. Shocked

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Liked the LaFell deal because it was an inexpensive one. I don't like LaFell at proper #2 money, though.

LaFell at 1yr/$2.5m = Good
LaFell at 3yr/$18-24m = Bad

Bingo. I loved LaFell as a stopgap for 2.5 million.

If we're going to spend 6+ million though...We could do better.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 08:28 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: I just saw on Twitter that the Browns has an offer out to Zeitler that would make him the highest paid G in NFL history with an average salary of $11.5m per year with $30m guaranteed.

For that price, he gone.

Yeah I wonder if he leaves for that much you look at replacing him with Andrew Norwell from the Panthers, Brian Winters from the Jets or Ronald Leary from Dallas, probably for several million less. Of course maybe they really, really like what they have in Christian Westerman which just means you need to draft a backup behind him. And then you get the comp pick next year for losing Zeit without signing a replacement too.  

Edit: Come to think of it, re-signing Winston might be a good move as he is fairly versatile and could play Guard if Westerman isn't really ready. Of course that assumes Jake Fisher doesn't need help still though.

Reply/Quote

For that price, he gone.

Man, he is not even nowhere worth that with his poor run blocking.

Let them have him for that much. Hopefully they overpay so bad that one of these other Guards come here.

Might even be an upgrade in the run game, sure it would be actually.
Reply/Quote
Yeah, no way I'd pay Zeitler $11.5m annually with $30m guaranteed. If that's really their offer, enjoy.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 01:58 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: If I was Dalton, I would "retire"

If we field a starting O-line of OggieBoogie, Boling, 'ole - Bodine, TBD, Fisher and under the piano man's leadership. I'd drive to Cincinnati and beg Andy to pull a Palmer and take him wherever he goes.

I'd be like bro, cut your losses and get the hell out of this dumpster fire !
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 09:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: If we field a starting O-line of OggieBoogie, Boling, 'ole - Bodine, TBD, Fisher and under the piano man's leadership. I'd drive to Cincinnati and beg Andy to pull a Palmer and take him wherever he goes.

I'd be like bro, cut your losses and get the hell out of this dumpster fire !

And people really wonder why some people are against trading AJ McCarron. With this O line we may even need a 3rd good QB.

Romo just got released Mellow
Reply/Quote