Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reports are Bengals lose Whitworth, Zeitler, Kirkpatrick
(03-08-2017, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Could we wait until they sign elsewhere before we bytch about them signing elsewhere?

You new here?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
They sucked last year with all 3 of these guys. I'd say they are replaceable.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 02:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Of course, all of this "news" is purely speculation, at this point.

Speculation informed by a proclivity to botch FA and kick the can down the road.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Domata Peko generating interest from Vikings, others
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals lose all of The Big Three, that will definitely irk the fans. However, I don't think the Bengals would roll with just their current players on the roster or upcoming 2017 draft picks to fill those spots. I think we'll see two or three cheaper FAs brought in to replace those players. 
Personally, I think the OL spots are filled with (somewhat) cheaper vets, CB is attained via draft, and both WJ3 and Dennard get a chance to be the CB2 and CB3.
One thing the Bengals cannot do is roll out a starting OL of Ogbuehi - Boling - Bodine - Westerman/TJ Johnson - Fisher. They won't be THAT blind to think that would succeed.

Right now, I bet Goering, I mean Piano Man, is promising the Reich, I mean the Browns, that he can wipe out Britain from the air, I mean, have all those guys ready for the season.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 01:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If the Bengals lose all of The Big Three, that will definitely irk the fans. However, I don't think the Bengals would roll with just their current players on the roster or upcoming 2017 draft picks to fill those spots. I think we'll see two or three cheaper FAs brought in to replace those players. 
Personally, I think the OL spots are filled with (somewhat) cheaper vets, CB is attained via draft, and both WJ3 and Dennard get a chance to be the CB2 and CB3.
One thing the Bengals cannot do is roll out a starting OL of Ogbuehi - Boling - Bodine - Westerman/TJ Johnson - Fisher. They won't be THAT blind to think that would succeed.

That may be exactly the O line they will be forced to roll out there if Whit and Zeitler are gone. Many teams interested in Zeitler, Bengals can just figure him gone, same as Kirkpatrick. Denver plans to outbid Bengals on Whitworth. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown has to be pitching tent on how all of this is breaking down. Last year, we drafted C/G Christian Westerman in the 5th round. Instantly told by the greatest living OLine Coach that there was no way in hell he would be competition for the greatest living C, Russell Bodine. This year, Brown and the GOAT Alexander are letting us know that our 5th round C/G could replace our 1st round G, even though he wasn't even given a chance to usurp Alexander the Great's handpicked C. This saves Brown $7.5m.

They then announce they have cut their own cap space by 66%, but they really do want Whit back and maybe DreK. Of course, now they're going to enter a bidding war to bring back Peko to mentor Billings. They could sign Peko to a 2yr/$10m deal, guarantee $8m of it and pay that all up front this year, cutting their self-imposed cap limit in half and only having $7m to round out the roster.

This is the perfect storm of being able to not spend money for Mike Brown. This guy is a genius at manipulating the salary cap while ***** the team and fan base at the same time.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 03:09 PM)jason Wrote: They sucked last year with all 3 of these guys. I'd say they are replaceable.
This team started 8-0 in 2015 before Dalton got injured.  Could it be the team sucked in 2016 from the players we lost in free agency last March and if we lose these players this March the team will suck even more.  That was a good team until Dalton got injured with fans talking Super Bowl like 1981 and 1988.  Back to back years of losing top players will take a huge bite out of that team. Losing 3 out of the 5 offensive linemen off that 8-0 team is going to be the worst part. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:00 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: Mike Brown has to be pitching tent on how all of this is breaking down. Last year, we drafted C/G Christian Westerman in the 5th round. Instantly told by the greatest living OLine Coach that there was no way in hell he would be competition for the greatest living C, Russell Bodine. This year, Brown and the GOAT Alexander are letting us know that our 5th round C/G could replace our 1st round G, even though he wasn't even given a chance to usurp Alexander the Great's handpicked C. This saves Brown $7.5m.

They then announce they have cut their own cap space by 66%, but they really do want Whit back and maybe DreK. Of course, now they're going to enter a bidding war to bring back Peko to mentor Billings. They could sign Peko to a 2yr/$10m deal, guarantee $8m of it and pay that all up front this year, cutting their self-imposed cap limit in half and only having $7m to round out the roster.

This is the perfect storm of being able to not spend money for Mike Brown. This guy is a genius at manipulating the salary cap while ***** the team and fan base at the same time.
Reading this makes my inside hurt.  Every time somebody puts it in black and white it's like a kick in the nads.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Could we wait until they sign elsewhere before we bytch about them signing elsewhere?

You know what?  If you kick a dog enough, it will flinch every time you lift your foot.  And guess what?  It ain't the dog's fault.

Reply/Quote
Losing your best LT by far on an already weak O-line and a good pass blocking Guard like Zeitler makes sense.

Lets just get rid of our good players and ride the soggy shit sandwich. Sounds like a good plan. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Losing your best LT by far on an already weak O-line and a good pass blocking Guard like Zeitler makes sense.

Lets just get rid of our good players and ride the soggy shit sandwich. Sounds like a good plan. :andy:

This makes me think of Stepbrothers. I feel the Browns are talking to us right now, "Did we just become best friends?" Our reply, "Yep!"

Obviously the sky is not falling and I am over exaggerating a bit for comedic effect, but it's not really funny.
Reply/Quote
Don't worry. TJ Johson's not going anywhere. This tender enraged Cedric Peerman, who exclaimed, "Hey. I always go first."

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:30 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: This makes me think of Stepbrothers. I feel the Browns are talking to us right now, "Did we just become best friends?" Our reply, "Yep!"

Obviously the sky is not falling and I am over exaggerating a bit for comedic effect, but it's not really funny.

When we have to take shit like this we need as many friends as we can get Lmao!

This is just crazy, we usually try to stay somewhat competitive.

What does this message send to Dalton, Green, Burfict, Atkins, Dunlap and company?
Reply/Quote
Apparently there's progress on a new deal with Brandon LaFell. A couple of other teams are interested, but no word on how serious they are.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:50 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Apparently there's progress on a new deal with Brandon LaFell. A couple of other teams are interested, but no word on how serious they are.

Oh, good.  A bidding war.  I can only think of one of these we've ever won.

Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:50 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Apparently there's progress on a new deal with Brandon LaFell. A couple of other teams are interested, but no word on how serious they are.

I wouldn't mind having Brandon back. I want to see more of Core too though.
Reply/Quote
If you can't change the coach, change the players ...

We need a change whatsoever.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote

Liked the LaFell deal because it was an inexpensive one. I don't like LaFell at proper #2 money, though.

LaFell at 1yr/$2.5m = Good
LaFell at 3yr/$18-24m = Bad

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2017, 05:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Liked the LaFell deal because it was an inexpensive one. I don't like LaFell at proper #2 money, though.

LaFell at 1yr/$2.5m = Good
LaFell at 3yr/$18-24m = Bad

That's my fear. I don't want us to eliminate Davis or Ross as draft options.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote