Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Republican National Convention(s)
(08-29-2020, 03:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Great song.  The use of it in the title sequence for Watchmen convinced me the movie was going to be great.

Yeah. It's funny how that works. A Hard Rain's Gonna Fall in the opening of the Ken Burns Vietnam documentary drew me right in, and did the same.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
[Image: Egm--hdVgAEXgwa?format=jpg&name=medium]

"Just don't yell at me!!!"
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 03:25 PM)jason Wrote: Yes... In a moment of solitude the other night I thought to myself... Come senators, congressmen please heed the call. Don't stand in the doorway, don't block up the hall. For he who gets hurt will be he that has stalled. The battle outside ragin' will soon shake your windows and rattle your walls...

Thought it was pretty profound.

For the moments, they are a-becoming somewhat un-samey?

(08-29-2020, 05:30 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: Egm--hdVgAEXgwa?format=jpg&name=medium]

"Just don't yell at me!!!"

Stuff like this is just so damn bizarre...mostly because to my knowledge everyone who has ever shot a politician has been arrested and declared a lone nut.   I will say that a politician promoting the idea of shooting politicians is just...well, I'm not sure what to say about it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 05:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: For the moments, they are a-becoming somewhat un-samey?

Stuff like this is just so damn bizarre...mostly because to my knowledge everyone who has ever shot a politician has been arrested and declared a lone nut.   I will say that a politician promoting the idea of shooting politicians is just...well, I'm not sure what to say about it.

What's more bizarre is that Rand Paul never said it. Those who care nothing about the truth will just try to get you to believe he said it. 

Even worse than that' they'll use it to try to justify him and his spouse being harassed and cursed at by the woke, 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What's more bizarre is that Rand Paul never said it. Those who care nothing about the truth will just try to get you to believe he said it. 

Even worse than that' they'll use it to try to justify him and his spouse being harassed and cursed at by the woke, 

My comment goes beyond Rand Paul as an individual, but I see your point.  This is just part of the deductive combing over a person's history/comment/record in order to look for a reason the not-so-kosher things done to that person are "justified."  I'm sure Rand Paul said or did something that absolves the left wing of any sort of guilt they may have considered feeling over this.

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to dig up some dirt on someone I just ran over while I was texting and driving.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/rand-paul-tweet-second-amendment-purpose-shoot-tyrannical-government/

As for the Rand Paul "quote" he seems to have been posting something someone else said so I'm sure that's close enough to saying it and blah blah blah.  I'll admit I feel like a genuine moron for just assuming it was legit, though.  I'm just a big ol' sexy idiot sometimes. 
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 12:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: If people like yourself keep excusing this type of behavior you'll be wrapped around a pint of Ben & Jerry's on the morning of 11/04 with your face swollen from crying all night.

Dude aske a question. I answered. 

You made an assumption. Then a faulty interence.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 12:30 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Yeah, all Paul did was introduce legislature in her name. If only he would have said her name, these folks wouldn't be acting so. It's either that or ignorance

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/politics/rand-paul-bill-no-knock-warrants-breonna-taylor/index.html

Whoa!  I'm not ok with "mobbing." 

SSF may be right. Bad behavior may suppress the Dem vote and drive it up for Trump--though no one should be happy about that.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 12:01 PM)jason Wrote: Rand Paul seems like an asshole, but yet and still that's not helping anything. It fires up the Trump base, and doesn't bring in any voters to the other side.... Middle America and those suburban "housewives" I keep hearing about cringe at that.

Plays into the "law and order " talking point from the RNC.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 06:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What's more bizarre is that Rand Paul never said it. Those who care nothing about the truth will just try to get you to believe he said it. 

I suppose Rand is right to be unnerved after getting his brains beat out by his next-door neighbor over not raking leaves or some such nonsense.  If you get pounded like that by some wine and cheese doctor, an angry mob is a scary proposition.  
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 12:01 AM)samhain Wrote: I suppose Rand is right to be unnerved after getting his brains beat out by his next-door neighbor over not raking leaves or some such nonsense.  If you get pounded like that by some wine and cheese doctor, an angry mob is a scary proposition.  

He didn't seem unnerved; he seemed quite composed. He actually reached out to help the LEO when the LEO stumbled. Unsure what his neighbor has to do with it. 

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 12:11 AM)bfine32 Wrote: He didn't seem unnerved; he seemed quite composed. He actually reached out to help the LEO when the LEO stumbled. Unsure what his neighbor has to do with it. 

IJS, if you've recently been a victim of violence, the prospect of more violence has to be a little more real to a person.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 12:22 AM)samhain Wrote: IJS, if you've recently been a victim of violence, the prospect of more violence has to be a little more real to a person.

Okey Doke. As I said he looked quite composed. Don't you agree?

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2020, 12:28 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Okey Doke. As I said he looked quite composed. Don't you agree?

As composed as can be expected.  
Reply/Quote
The POTUS wants people "immediately arrested" for....yelling at Rand Paul.

Y'all good with this?  If so state your reasons and show your work.
[Image: giphy.gif]
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote