Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Republican National Convention(s)
(08-28-2020, 04:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Like I said, there is plenty of ammunition in the magazine to shoot criticism at Trump. Why you want to waste your time and energy on the insignificant, I don't know. But then again, it's your time an denergy and your prerogative to waste it. 

And yet you took time out of your busy day to comment on it...twice.

Seems it might be a topic that interested you.   ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 04:08 PM)GMDino Wrote: And yet you took time out of your busy day to comment on it...twice.

Seems it might be a topic that interested you.   ThumbsUp

Nah, I, too, like to waste my time and energy on insignificant things from time to time. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 04:09 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Nah, I, too, like to waste my time and energy on insignificant things from time to time. ThumbsUp

Fair enough.

Meanwhile I agree that Trump's inability to read, his lack of preparation by pre-reading (or writing) his speeches and his vanity preventing him from wearing glasses is what seem would deem "trivial".  But again given how he chosen to go after Biden for allegedly being "slow Joe" Trump opens himself up for such responses.
Reply/Quote
I wonder how many attendees of the DNC were subject to this by woke folk:

[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 04:03 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Like I said, there is plenty of ammunition in the magazine to shoot criticism at Trump. Why you want to waste your time and energy on the insignificant, I don't know. But then again, it's your time an denergy and your prerogative to waste it. 

It’s not really insignificant when it is the #1 argument against his opponent. Dude struggles to read off the teleprompter and when he does go off script it is usually bat shit crazy.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2020, 06:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I wonder how many attendees of the DNC were subject to this by woke folk:

I imagine not many, as the DNC held a moment of silence inTaylor'smemory.

They said her name.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 02:25 AM)Dill Wrote: I imagine not many, as the DNC held a moment of silence inTaylor'smemory.

They said her name.

Rand Paul seems like an asshole, but yet and still that's not helping anything. It fires up the Trump base, and doesn't bring in any voters to the other side.... Middle America and those suburban "housewives" I keep hearing about cringe at that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 02:25 AM)Dill Wrote: I imagine not many, as the DNC held a moment of silence inTaylor'smemory.

They said her name.
Yeah, all Paul did was introduce legislature in her name. If only he would have said her name, these folks wouldn't be acting so. It's either that or ignorance

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/11/politics/rand-paul-bill-no-knock-warrants-breonna-taylor/index.html

Quote:Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul introduced a bill on Thursday to ban no-knock warrants -- the type of warrant that ultimately led to the wrongful shooting death of Breonna Taylor, one of multiple black people who died as a result of excessive police force, prompting protests nationwide.
Quote:The Justice for Breonna Taylor Act bans federal law enforcement officers from carrying out a warrant "until after the officer provides notice of his or her authority and purpose" and blocks state and local law enforcement agencies that receive Justice Department funding from carrying out warrants that do not require the officer involved "to provide notice of his or her authority and purpose before forcibly entering a premises."
"After talking with Breonna Taylor's family, I've come to the conclusion that it's long past time to get rid of no-knock warrants," Paul, a Republican, said in a statement. "This bill will effectively end no-knock raids in the United States."

Reply/Quote

They said her name.

If people like yourself keep excusing this type of behavior you'll be wrapped around a pint of Ben & Jerry's on the morning of 11/04 with your face swollen from crying all night.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 12:01 PM)jason Wrote: Rand Paul seems like an asshole, but yet and still that's not helping anything. It fires up the Trump base, and doesn't bring in any voters to the other side.... Middle America and those suburban "housewives" I keep hearing about cringe at that.

Well the asshole does do this quite often:

https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/05/rand-paul-performs-free-eye-surgery-for-uninsured-patients

Quote:Sen. Rand Paul was a doctor before he was a politician and he spent part of his spring recess in the operating room, keeping in practice for what he says is the day he returns to medicine.

Paul, a Republican from Kentucky who is believed to also have his eye on the White House, performed pro-bono cataract surgeries on Tuesday for four patients who do not have insurance at an eye-surgery clinic in Paducah, Ky., during Congress' current spring recess.

It's "an amazing thing to see someone sit up and be able to see better," Paul, an opthalmologist, told CNN. The pro bono work helps the senator keep his surgical skills sharp so he can eventually return to the medical field, he said.

The procedure, Paul said, can normally range from $5,000 to $8,000.

Paul is a graduate of Duke University School of Medicine. Before entering Congress, he practiced as an ophthalmologist for 17 years in Bowling Green, Ky.

In 1995, the senator founded the Southern Kentucky Lions Eye Clinic, an organization that provides eye exams and surgery to needy families and individuals.

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 12:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well the asshole does do this quite often:

https://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/05/rand-paul-performs-free-eye-surgery-for-uninsured-patients

Can't knock that... And again, what happened to the Mrs and he the other night was wrong.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 12:01 PM)jason Wrote: Rand Paul seems like an asshole, but yet and still that's not helping anything. It fires up the Trump base, and doesn't bring in any voters to the other side.... Middle America and those suburban "housewives" I keep hearing about cringe at that.

Oh no "seems" he's an asshole.

He has the occasional good policy.  For example he supports the "Breonna Taylor Bill" to stop no knock warrants.  Something I'm sure pisses off our more right wing leaning friends.  

But overall he's a windbag living off daddy's legacy.

Throw in the whole "I made my own board to certify myself because I the legitimate board wouldn't do it" and he's a possible fraud too even if he does occasional surgeries for free.

Calling for FBI investigations into protesters for yelling at him is silly and leads me to believe he should just stay home more.  Of course his neighbors don't like him either for "some" reason so maybe not.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 12:47 PM)jason Wrote: Can't knock that... And again, what happened to the Mrs and he the other night was wrong.

The hostility of political rhetoric does have some unpleasant effects, but meh it's so damn effective what can ya do?
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 12:47 PM)jason Wrote: Can't knock that... And again, what happened to the Mrs and he the other night was wrong.

Unfortunately, the Paul's didn't have a monopoly on being verbally harassed and cursed at by the Woke. There's equally disturbing videos of Dan Bongino and Vernon Jones along with their female company receiving the same treatment. 

But kudos to you for knowing where the blame should lie in incidents such as these. 

Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 12:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The hostility of political rhetoric does have some unpleasant effects, but meh it's so damn effective what can ya do?

Yep.

While it is wrong from groups to yell at people it was equally wrong for other groups to beat and harass people at rallies in 2016.

Fortunately we all agree that it falls on personal responsibility.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 12:56 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The hostility of political rhetoric does have some unpleasant effects, but meh it's so damn effective what can ya do?

Well yeah. That's why I referred to him as an asshole. It's the grandstanding, tone, and unwillingness to meet in the middle. Those aren't things that only Rand Paul does though. It seems like the norm now on both sides... But you're right; it feeds that kind of behavior. To me it stops in the streets and at people's homes though. Republicans are running on how unsafe we'll all be. This does nothing to help refute that.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 01:38 PM)jason Wrote: Well yeah. That's why I referred to him as an asshole. It's the grandstanding, tone, and unwillingness to meet in the middle. Those aren't things that only Rand Paul does though. It seems like the norm now on both sides... But you're right; it feeds that kind of behavior. To me it stops in the streets and at people's homes though. Republicans are running on how unsafe we'll all be. This does nothing to help refute that.

Not to sound like a folk singer or something, but holy crap is this country being given a daily dose of hate and fear.  I know politics was never roses and sunshine, but it's just depressing how the powers that be are allowed to whip people into a frenzy with hatred and fear and then tut-tut at the uncivilized brutes who listen to them.

There is something in the Bible about not bearing false witness, but all's fair in love, war, and political warfare. Our society also seems to have a very inconsistent view of how patriotic it is or isn't to go completely apeshit on politicians and/or breaking laws and rules. Ah well.
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 01:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Not to sound like a folk singer or something, but holy crap is this country being given a daily dose of hate and fear.  I know politics was never roses and sunshine, but it's just depressing how the powers that be are allowed to whip people into a frenzy with hatred and fear and then tut-tut at the uncivilized brutes who listen to them.

There is something in the Bible about not bearing false witness, but all's fair in love, war, and political warfare. Our society also seems to have a very inconsistent view of how patriotic it is or isn't to go completely apeshit on politicians and/or breaking laws and rules. Ah well.

Yes... In a moment of solitude the other night I thought to myself... Come senators, congressmen please heed the call. Don't stand in the doorway, don't block up the hall. For he who gets hurt will be he that has stalled. The battle outside ragin' will soon shake your windows and rattle your walls...

Thought it was pretty profound.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-29-2020, 03:25 PM)jason Wrote: Yes... In a moment of solitude the other night I thought to myself... Come senators, congressmen please heed the call. Don't stand in the doorway, don't block up the hall. For he who gets hurt will be he that has stalled. The battle outside ragin' will soon shake your windows and rattle your walls...

Thought it was pretty profound.

Great song.  The use of it in the title sequence for Watchmen convinced me the movie was going to be great.
Reply/Quote