Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rest of the schedule looks brutal
(11-07-2021, 07:36 PM)Trademark Wrote: Honestly there's maybe one possible win left and even that's not a give me. The Jets really exposed this team and the Browns finished the Bengals off.

at Raiders - This is the only semi-winnable game, but honestly this will probably be a loss since they can't stop the run.

vs. Steelers - Really don't see them beating this team twice, their defense is healthy and playing elite.

vs. Chargers - This will be another L, don't see this defense stopping their receivers or Ekeler

vs. 49ers - They seem to have this teams number

@ Broncos - They are starting to improve and their defense looks legit

vs. Ravens - Don't see them beating the Ravens twice

vs. Chiefs - Don't see this defense stopping Hill and Kelce

@ Browns - They've literally owned this team recently

Here's the awful question I'm asking myself:

"How many of these remaining games does Zac need to win to keep his job?"

And I don't like my gut's answer.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:22 PM)P W Wrote: Here's the awful question I'm asking myself:

The answer is none. He’s won more games this year than last year which was more wins than the year before that. That’s moving in the right direction to Mike Brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:22 PM)P W Wrote: Here's the awful question I'm asking myself:

At least two. Three would definitely ensure he comes back.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:13 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Gotta cut down on the turnovers... they have been KILLER, the last 2 weeks.
IF the Bengals start getting beat down even without turning it over so much, then it's REALLY time to be very concerned.

Well they lost to the Jets winning the turn over margin 3-1 if I'm not mistaken.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:37 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: Well they lost to the Jets winning the turn over margin 3-1 if I'm not mistaken.

True. Though Burrow did throw an interception at the absolute worst time
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:36 PM)Trademark Wrote: Honestly there's maybe one possible win left and even that's not a give me. The Jets really exposed this team and the Browns finished the Bengals off.

at Raiders - This is the only semi-winnable game, but honestly this will probably be a loss since they can't stop the run.

vs. Steelers - Really don't see them beating this team twice, their defense is healthy and playing elite.

vs. Chargers - This will be another L, don't see this defense stopping their receivers or Ekeler

Raiders: Just lost to the Giants and are is disarray with off field issues.

Steelers: We beat them by 2 TDs at their house

Chargers: Got blown out by a team we blew out

49ers: About to be 3-5

Broncos: Has lost 4 of their last 6, just traded Von Miller, but they're "Starting to improve"...

Ravens: Have won 2 games all year by more than a TD and we destroyed them at their house

And you got "maybe 1 win"

Folks see what they want to
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Just cut out the forced throws and the pick 6’s and this game is a bit different. Tge drops would ruin this teams chances of winning still.
Reply/Quote
Yeah the defense played poorly again, but we would've been tied 17-17 if Burrow would've thrown a TD instead of a 99 yard pick six.

We have 2 major problems right now: Burrow's INTs and our defense went from stout to hot garbage seemingly overnight.

I'd also like to add that our "just fine" o-line gave up 4 more sacks.

Chase also had his 2nd bad week in a row. Not too worried, but it's something to keep an eye on. NFL defenses adjust.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

Yeah, the very weak schedule to start the season was the place for the Bengals get some wins. At the start of the season I felt the Bengals could end up losing every game after the break and this is still a very real possibility. The Browns' secondary played lights out today and not every team can field such a defense though.

I still say that Taylor should be gone if there's not a winning record by the end of the season. Team has given him everything he's asked for and huge free agent spending like the team has never done before.

I'm sticking with my original estimate of 5-8 wins for the Bengals this season.

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Raiders: Just lost to the Giants and are is disarray with off field issues.

Broncos: Has lost 4 of their last 6, just traded Von Miller, but they're "Starting to improve"...

Ravens: Have won 2 games all year by more than a TD and we destroyed them at their house

Agreed. I don't think the remaining schedule is nearly as daunting as some are saying. A bunch of mediocre teams, tbh. Saying we win 0 or 1 is probably an overreaction. For now. We have looked terrible the last 2 weeks though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Raiders: Just lost to the Giants and are is disarray with off field issues.

Your right and that goes both ways...   Whatever
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:52 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I still say that Taylor should be gone if there's not a winning record by the end of the season. Team has given him everything he's asked for and huge free agent spending like the team has never done before.

1000% agree with this part.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:30 PM)bjf123 Wrote: The answer is none. He’s won more games this year than last year which was more wins than the year before that. That’s moving in the right direction to Mike Brown.

This guy is right. "Should/Shouldn't" arguments can be intense, but "will he/won't he" is pretty one-sided. 

So we have people who give reasons why the Bengals can beat any on the remaining schedule, but show disdain when anyone mentions why these could also be potential losses? Bengals have clearly shown they are not a dominant team and sit at the bottom of the division. While I think we will finish better, saying the remaining opponents all have the ability to beat the Bengals is not exactly a hot take.  
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
The OP's optimism is infectious, I see.

Despite the brutal beating we took today, I'd expect an up and down last half to the season with maybe a 4-4 record finishing out. We're too good to fall completely off the rails and not good enough to regain the momentum we thought we had after the Ravens game. None of those games look that unwinable and only maybe the 49ers look like a reasonably sure win.

Thing is that I'd bet an above .500 record would've sounded like a Godsend before the season began to most of us. I know I wouldn't be disappointed with that result. I think we're probably two years away from peaking myself.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:22 PM)P W Wrote: Here's the awful question I'm asking myself:

Unless he surprises us and flips the script back around he needs to go. We beat the Steelers and the Ravens and that's nice but we just aren't playing up to our talent level I believe.
Reply/Quote

I said 7-8 wins last week and got roasted for it. I think I may have gave them to much credit now... I'd be ok with 7 though.  Hopefully it's enough to get Zac fired...
Reply/Quote
We aren't winning another game. Baltimore was the Superbowl.

It's on to the draft.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 09:26 PM)Tony Wrote: I said 7-8 wins last week and got roasted for it. I think I may have gave them to much credit now... I'd be ok with 7 though.  Hopefully it's enough to get Zac fired...

7 games is almost double last year in what is looking like the toughest division, we have zero teams under 500, no division has that
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:30 PM)bjf123 Wrote: The answer is none. He’s won more games this year than last year which was more wins than the year before that. That’s moving in the right direction to Mike Brown.

Shit... This is most likely spot on... Uggh 
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:22 PM)P W Wrote: Here's the awful question I'm asking myself:

3  puts us at 8 double last year in probably the hardest Division and 8-9 exceeds most predictions...
Reply/Quote