Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rest of the schedule looks brutal
(11-08-2021, 12:36 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Six AFC teams currently in playoff contention have been blown out this year...including each of the top 3 teams.

Bengals have yet to prove they can overcome adversity like those six teams.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:49 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah the defense played poorly again, but we would've been tied 17-17 if Burrow would've thrown a TD instead of a 99 yard pick six.

We have 2 major problems right now: Burrow's INTs and our defense went from stout to hot garbage seemingly overnight.

I'd also like to add that our "just fine" o-line gave up 4 more sacks.

Chase also had his 2nd bad week in a row. Not too worried, but it's something to keep an eye on. NFL defenses adjust.

The OL was bad today, but two of those sacks were on the RB’s. It was a problem earlier this season, and it reared its ugly head again today. We still need at least an upgrade or two on the OL, but the RB’s and TE’s also have to do their jobs picking up the blitz.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:35 AM)GodFather Wrote: The defense got owned two games in a row. How is that different? 

And of course fans are mad they lost two in a row in a very ugly way. Talk about stating the obvious, how bout telling us another thought provoking statement?

We gave up less than 400 total yards this game and only 218 in the air, The week before we gave up over 400 yards in passing alone. 

Last week we were up by 11 in the 4th quarter, this week we weren't even close

Last week JB had 3 TDs , 1 INT and a passer rating over 102. This week he had 2 INTs, 0 TDs and a passer rating below 70

There was nothing similar about the losses; except we lost
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 09:44 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: The afc is a joke this year

Going 8-9 would be horrendous

Two of our losses have been to NFC teams. And in absolutely no universe would going from 4.5 wins to 9 wins be “horrendous.”

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Two of our losses have been to NFC teams. And in absolutely no universe would going from 4.5 wins to 9 wins be “horrendous.”

8-9 with how well this team started is abysmal
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:14 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Agree for the most part. We're still 5-4 and I don't see any auto losses on the rest of the schedule. I think we need a guage at the top of the board that says what our overall mood is on the season. We could vote on it.

Right now, I'd say my mood is "Season isn't doomed, but I'm definitely concerned". If we lose next week, I'll probably have to give that a major downgrade.

I agree. If we lose during the bye week we’re really in trouble…

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:50 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We gave up less than 400 total yards this game and only 218 in the air, The week before we gave up over 400 yards in passing alone. 

Last week we were up by 11 in the 4th quarter, this week we weren't even close

Last week JB had 3 TDs , 1 INT and a passer rating over 102. This week he had 2 INTs, 0 TDs and a passer rating below 70

There was nothing similar about the losses; except we lost

The Browns offense didnt have to go as far this game to score, which is why the yards weren't as much, because LIKE last week the defense could not stop the offense. Its not similar, its a repeat!

You can spit out any spin you want, but the fact is this team was outplayed the past two weeks and the defense was owned again for a second week in a row. 

And holds true to my original statement, it's not that we lost two games in a row...it's HOW we lost two games in a row. You said they weren't similar I didnt even say the two games were similar in my post. But after you bringing up they weren't similar I countered with the defense play was absolutely horrible just like the game against the Jets.
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 07:36 PM)Trademark Wrote: Honestly there's maybe one possible win left and even that's not a give me. The Jets really exposed this team and the Browns finished the Bengals off.

at Raiders - This is the only semi-winnable game, but honestly this will probably be a loss since they can't stop the run.

vs. Steelers - Really don't see them beating this team twice, their defense is healthy and playing elite.

vs. Chargers - This will be another L, don't see this defense stopping their receivers or Ekeler

vs. 49ers - They seem to have this teams number

@ Broncos - They are starting to improve and their defense looks legit

vs. Ravens - Don't see them beating the Ravens twice

vs. Chiefs - Don't see this defense stopping Hill and Kelce

@ Browns - They've literally owned this team recently
This team will lose out, and Zac will come back again. The culture of this organization is to lose it's sad to watch.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:06 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: This team will lose out, and Zac will come back again. The culture of this organization is to lose it's sad to watch.

If you really believe that, why do you support the team?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:08 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If you really believe that, why do you support the team?

Have been a fan for over 40 years. There is no great tradition for the Bengals. My God we have 1 player in the HOF, and have not won a playoff game in over 30 years. People in the league laugh at this organization, but yea I do love them even though they make me angry more often then not. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:14 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Have been a fan for over 40 years. There is no great tradition for the Bengals. My God we have 1 player in the HOF, and have not won a playoff game in over 30 years. People in the league laugh at this organization, but yea I do love them even though they make me angry more often then not. 

I get it and with ya! The Bengals are your 4th child that has been a handful since the moment he was born. Making all the wrong decisions and disappointing you with their actions throughout their life but it doesn't stop you from loving them regardless of their disappointing choices and actions! LOL

Disclaimer: I'm very lucky I do not have a Bengal for a child! LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:27 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: The past couple weeks have sucked, no doubt about it, but I actually still have a pretty confident outlook when I look at the AFC:

11 teams currently have a winning record in the AFC. 

8 of those teams have lost 2 or more straight games.
6 of those teams has suffered a loss of 20 or more.
3 others have had a loss of between 14 to 18 points.

Of the 3 teams that haven't had back to back losses, 2 had blowout losses and one just lost to the Jags.

I think there's still plenty of reason for hope in the final 8 games, and also think the bye came at a perfect time for this team. They need to regroup and get the turnovers, drops and missed tackles cleaned up. If they can, they should contend for a playoff spot.

Fair point. We're lucky that the AFC hasn't really had any teams dominating.

(11-08-2021, 12:35 AM)GodFather Wrote: The defense got owned two games in a row. How is that different? 

And of course fans are mad they lost two in a row in a very ugly way. Talk about stating the obvious, how bout telling us another thought provoking statement?

All fair.

(11-08-2021, 12:46 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The OL was bad today

Agreed.

(11-08-2021, 12:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I agree. If we lose during the bye week we’re really in trouble…

You laugh until Burrow throws 2 pick sixes this coming Sunday.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:24 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: You laugh until Burrow throws 2 pick sixes this coming Sunday.

LOL

Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:30 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: LOL

I expect that to move to 8.5 by Friday.

Word is the BYE has figured out a "tell" with our offense.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Dont give me this oline BS. Titans just won with Bobby Hart and he looked bad. Oh and their number 2 and number 3 corner waiver wire claims and all pro RB out
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:38 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Dont give me this oline BS. Titans just won with Bobby Hart and he looked bad. Oh and their number 2 and number 3 corner waiver wire claims and all pro RB out

what you fail to mention is that the Rams offense played like a garbage fire. 

titans defense played amazing, had a pick 6, and put the offense in good field position. Titans offense kept everything safe.

Try not to be so misleading
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:10 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: more pathetic is 3 turnovers on offense..Browns defense came in with 5 turnovers in 8 games. they had 3 this game.. think about how pathetic that was

[Image: LastNimbleFireant-size_restricted.gif]

Ohhhhhhh boy... i can think of some things that are pathetic. 

[Image: r_Lit20kUoG_tnNa-XmSVfGAh7KnVWJnVcjjWcZ3...3e28c4322e]
[Image: omg-oh-my-god.gif]
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611379445fcb22176fe5d...y.gif&ct=g]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:16 PM)Sled21 Wrote: If I felt like that I probably wouldn't watch anymore or post on fan boards. 

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b761161b8c6f24be5f244d3...y.gif&ct=g]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:53 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I agree. If we lose during the bye week we’re really in trouble…

I'd laugh, but the Raiders sure as shinola showed how to lose in the bye week.  
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 10:56 PM)Benton Wrote: Come on, now.

A few weeks ago, this team was the bees knees.  We were doing better than we had in a loooong time.

Now? A weirdo game to the Jets and a fluke to the Browns and its "welp, all done."

This team still has plenty of go left in them. Giving up now is nuts.

I don't think it was a fluke to the Browns.  They are a horrible matchup for us.  We just can't compete against them at the point of attack on both sides of the ball.  

I don't know why yesterday was so shocking.  If you can't with at the LOS you are not going to win very many games - usually none.  Burrow rarely got a chance to set his feet before he was having to move around in the pocket.  And our defensive line, manhandled.

The only saving grace is the NFL is crazy, lots of teams that were supposed to win yesterday lost.  And if the Packers had anybody that could throw a pass they would've had beaten the Chiefs badly.  The Chief defense is a hot mess and they were skunking GB well into the 4th quarter.

No game is unwinnable down the stretch, except Cleveland IMO for the reasons mentioned above.
Reply/Quote