Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Rest of the schedule looks brutal
(11-08-2021, 01:08 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If you really believe that, why do you support the team?

I don't think there is any harm in having a defeatist attitude attached to ones' Bengals fandom. The '90s were painful to watch, well at least painful when one could watch because of blackouts. The decade established the Bengals are just not a good franchise. The curse of Bo Jackson, fate, divine intervention, Mikey sucking as an owner or whatever just doesn't allow the Bengals to have it good.

Thus, I agree with the poster that Zac has the potential to lose most of the remaining games to continue his historically bad NFL coaching record and a subsequent outcome of such a thing is the Brown family letting him return next year to continue his losing ways. It's just how it goes.

I'm still a fan of the team though and posting woebegone sentiment on an internet forum doesn't mean one doesn't support wanting to see the team win.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: We lost the last 2 games in totally different fashion. Folks are just mad we lost 2 games. 

Right? And these are some of the same folks who predicted 2 wins total for the season.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:14 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Have been a fan for over 40 years. There is no great tradition for the Bengals. My God we have 1 player in the HOF, and have not won a playoff game in over 30 years. People in the league laugh at this organization, but yea I do love them even though they make me angry more often then not. 

I feel you. My fandom started in the '80s and I continue to root for them even if they remain in the conversation for worst sport franchises.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:36 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Right? And these are some of the same folks who predicted 2 wins total for the season.

This is a fair perspective. If we browsed the forum history, I'm guessing most people did not have the Bengals with 5 wins at the bye. I suppose the frustration stems from being oh so close to having 7 wins and command over the division.

Maybe this time next year Zac, Burrow, and company will have more experience and thus a better chance at an improved '22 - '23 season?
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:14 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: Have been a fan for over 40 years. There is no great tradition for the Bengals. My God we have 1 player in the HOF, and have not won a playoff game in over 30 years. People in the league laugh at this organization, but yea I do love them even though they make me angry more often then not. 

That has nothing to do with the price of eggs. We only have one player in the HOF, but we have many who should be and had better careers than those already in. The HOF thing is not this organization's fault outside of the fact I think they stay mad at MB. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 10:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: That has nothing to do with the price of eggs. We only have one player in the HOF, but we have many who should be and had better careers than those already in. The HOF thing is not this organization's fault outside of the fact I think they stay mad at MB. 

We draft our players as a organization, and several times great player wanted out of Cincinnati because of MB and the loosing culture, Yet I agree with you on one point Kenny Anderson should be in the HOF. But Cincinnati is not team people want to come play for it's more often where then end up, and that is probably due to MB as a the worst owner in the history of sports.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 11:08 AM)cincyfan429 Wrote: We draft our players as a organization, and several times great player wanted out of Cincinnati because of MB and the loosing culture, Yet I agree with you on one point Kenny Anderson should be in the HOF. But Cincinnati is not team people want to come play for it's more often where then end up, and that is probably due to MB as a the worst owner in the history of sports.

Kenny Anderson
Ken Riley
Willie Anderson
Tim Krumrie
Chad Johnson
Max Montoya

All should be in the Hall.
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Kenny Anderson
Ken Riley
Willie Anderson
Tim Krumrie
Chad Johnson
Max Montoya

All should be in the Hall.

Agreed about them all being in the hall. It is laughable Anderson and Riley aren't already in and sadly, so much time has passed with their omission it feels as if they are forever forgotten. The Chad omission is going to annoy me because the voters are inconsistent when it comes to the WR position. Chad is only 36th on the all-time receiving yards list, so I assume this hurts his cause? He had a dominant stretch of years that the HoF greats string together so I think he belongs.
Reply/Quote
It doesn’t look good. But having that Trump card in Chase makes me feel a bit better about our chances on offense. Our D just has to get back to what they were. With THAT defense we had the first 6 games we could beat ANYONE
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-07-2021, 08:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Raiders: Just lost to the Giants and are is disarray with off field issues.

Steelers: We beat them by 2 TDs at their house

Chargers: Got blown out by a team we blew out

49ers: About to be 3-5

Broncos: Has lost 4 of their last 6, just traded Von Miller, but they're "Starting to improve"...

Ravens: Have won 2 games all year by more than a TD and we destroyed them at their house

And you got "maybe 1 win"

Folks see what they want to

True. But everyone sees a team that has completely derailed over the course of two games and with already questionable coaching, getting the train back on track seems unlikely. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 01:21 AM)GodFather Wrote: I get it and with ya! The Bengals are your 4th child that has been a handful since the moment he was born. Making all the wrong decisions and disappointing you with their actions throughout their life but it doesn't stop you from loving them regardless of their disappointing choices and actions! LOL

Disclaimer: I'm very lucky I do not have a Bengal for a child! LOL

I think that is the best analogy I have ever seen of being a Bengal fan!
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 03:15 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I think that is the best analogy I have ever seen of being a Bengal fan!

Thank you! My older son and I had a bet yesterday, he said Bengals would win and I said the Browns would. I told him being a lifelong fan for many decades that I have seen this rodeo play out one time too many.

He called me a "Bungalized Bengal Fan" That I was so used to seeing them lose and disappoint the fans I assume the worst. I laughed and told him he was dead on with his assessment, but I still love them regardless and would never switch teams.

Then he got mad and said why did you get the family into the Bengals if you knew this? I laughed but then thought, is it considered child abuse to turn your kids into lifelong Bengal fans too?

I hope the DCF doesnt come banging on my door about this! LOL
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 12:37 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Agreed about them all being in the hall. It is laughable Anderson and Riley aren't already in and sadly, so much time has passed with their omission it feels as if they are forever forgotten. The Chad omission is going to annoy me because the voters are inconsistent when it comes to the WR position. Chad is only 36th on the all-time receiving yards list, so I assume this hurts his cause? He had a dominant stretch of years that the HoF greats string together so I think he belongs.

For awhile, there was so many 10k yard receivers that the HOF moved the standard up to 14k yards (judging by who they were letting in and who they kept out). At times, they even made guys like Tim Brown and Isaac Bruce wait, which is ridiculous.

Hopefully they start to see how this ridiculously high standard is keeping out a lot of guys who are HOF worthy. When dudes look back on the 2000-2010 era, they're going to think of 5 WRs: TO, Moss, Chad, Hines, Harrison. Probably in that order. Then guys like Torry Holt after that.

Fact is, Chad is one of the most memorable and well performing players in NFL history. He shouldn't be held out just because he couldn't hang around and pad stats deep into his 30s. His prime was as good as anyone's.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
It's really hard for people to get in the hall without team success. Megatron and Joe Thomas are exceptions. Noone playing for this franchise has won a playoff game in 30 years
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 04:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: For awhile, there was so many 10k yard receivers that the HOF moved the standard up to 14k yards (judging by who they were letting in and who they kept out). At times, they even made guys like Tim Brown and Isaac Bruce wait, which is ridiculous.

Hopefully they start to see how this ridiculously high standard is keeping out a lot of guys who are HOF worthy. When dudes look back on the 2000-2010 era, they're going to think of 5 WRs: TO, Moss, Chad, Hines, Harrison. Probably in that order. Then guys like Torry Holt after that.

Fact is, Chad is one of the most memorable and well performing players in NFL history. He shouldn't be held out just because he couldn't hang around and pad stats deep into his 30s. His prime was as good as anyone's.

I would almost bet that Hines Ward will make the HOF before Chad even gets a sniff of it.  Hines has Super Bowl rings and Chad doesn't. 
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 04:44 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I would almost bet that Hines Ward will make the HOF before Chad even gets a sniff of it.  Hines has Super Bowl rings and Chad doesn't. 

Although I do not feel the league is rigged as far as game outcomes are concerned, there is a definite bias against the Bengals when it comes to the HoF selection committee.  It is borderline criminal that Ken Riley is not in the hall, especially when there is a veteran committee set up for the purpose of recognizing specifically those overlooked in their immediate eligibility.  I mean, seriously, WTF do those idiots discuss when they meet?  

Ok guys, looks like there's another writing campaign from thousands of people in Cincinnati to get Ken Riley into the hall.  His numbers still hold up, by all accounts he was a model citizen, and we've looked past him to enshrine several players with pedestrian numbers who happened to be on Super Bowl winning teams.  And, as you know, there is only one Bengal enshrined after 50-some seasons of play.  Further, I have here a direct plea for his enshrinement that's signed by Roger Goodell, all 189 living members of the Hall, US Senators Schumer and McConnell, all living former US Presidents, Taylor Swift, Pope Francis, both the Palestinian Authority and Israel, and that Bengal fan who chained himself to the hall nine days ago and is still continuing his hunger strike.  So, do we actually want to consider Mr. Riley this time, or just adjourn?  Yep, I agree.  See you next year!
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 05:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Although I do not feel the league is rigged as far as game outcomes are concerned, there is a definite bias against the Bengals when it comes to the HoF selection committee.  It is borderline criminal that Ken Riley is not in the hall, especially when there is a veteran committee set up for the purpose of recognizing specifically those overlooked in their immediate eligibility.  I mean, seriously, WTF do those idiots discuss when they meet?  

Ok guys, looks like there's another writing campaign from thousands of people in Cincinnati to get Ken Riley into the hall.  His numbers still hold up, by all accounts he was a model citizen, and we've looked past him to enshrine several players with pedestrian numbers who happened to be on Super Bowl winning teams.  And, as you know, there is only one Bengal enshrined after 50-some seasons of play.  Further, I have here a direct plea for his enshrinement that's signed by Roger Goodell, all 189 living members of the Hall, US Senators Schumer and McConnell, all living former US Presidents, Taylor Swift, Pope Francis, both the Palestinian Authority and Israel, and that Bengal fan who chained himself to the hall nine days ago and is still continuing his hunger strike.  So, do we actually want to consider Mr. Riley this time, or just adjourn?  Yep, I agree.  See you next year!

The Bengals should have 2 more HOF'ers in Ken Riley and Ken Anderson.  We haven't had a HOF'er IMO since.  Chad had good numbers but he's not a HOF.  He's a ROH player but he wasn't HOF worthy.  Maybe Geno but I don't think he played long enough and again he played in Cincinnati with no rings.   
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 05:57 PM)TJ528 Wrote: The Bengals should have 2 more HOF'ers in Ken Riley and Ken Anderson.  We haven't had a HOF'er IMO since.  Chad had good numbers but he's not a HOF.  He's a ROH player but he wasn't HOF worthy.  Maybe Geno but I don't think he played long enough and again he played in Cincinnati with no rings.   

Isaac Curtis numbers hof worthy if you consider ERA
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 05:49 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Although I do not feel the league is rigged as far as game outcomes are concerned, there is a definite bias against the Bengals when it comes to the HoF selection committee.  It is borderline criminal that Ken Riley is not in the hall, especially when there is a veteran committee set up for the purpose of recognizing specifically those overlooked in their immediate eligibility.  I mean, seriously, WTF do those idiots discuss when they meet?  

Shit! There's the answer to the snub right there. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-08-2021, 04:44 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I would almost bet that Hines Ward will make the HOF before Chad even gets a sniff of it.  Hines has Super Bowl rings and Chad doesn't. 

The Steelers are also a legacy team. Just looking at their skill and production, Chad was definitely better at their peaks. I do think Hines should get in though. It's the Hall of Fame, and Hines was definitely one of the most famous WRs...and he had enough production to get in, especially with a ring.

Chad was just dominant at his peak, and also very famous.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote