Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Restaurant owner blames liberal, LGBTQ critics for losing investors
(07-09-2019, 11:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Because I've seen numerous examples of people called racist without evidence.

Oh. Okay. Now I see the relevance of your comment. You should have led with that to avoid this confusion.

I haven't personally seen any of these examples. But if you have links to them, I will inspect them with ravenous enthusiasm.
(07-09-2019, 11:09 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh. Okay. Now I see the relevance of your comment. You should have led with that to avoid this confusion.

I haven't personally seen any of these examples. But if you have links to them, I will inspect them with ravenous enthusiasm.

Nah, Stay Gold Ponyboy
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-09-2019, 11:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, Stay Gold Ponyboy

Okay. I enjoyed our chat.
(07-09-2019, 11:05 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Because I've seen numerous examples of people called racist without evidence.

(07-09-2019, 11:09 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Oh. Okay. Now I see the relevance of your comment. You should have led with that to avoid this confusion.

(07-09-2019, 11:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Nah, Stay Gold Ponyboy

Pretty much discussion around here.  Claim made with no proof...ask for proof...claim maker says they are done talking about it.

And if one of us provides links and citations it is ignore as too long to read or dismissed offhand without any counter citations.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-09-2019, 12:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: Pretty much discussion around here.  Claim made with no proof...ask for proof...claim maker says they are done talking about it.

And if one of us provides links and citations it is ignore as too long to read or dismissed offhand without any counter citations.

If you insist:
http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Alabama-Court-Awards-Fetus-the-Right-to-Sue?page=11&highlight=justice+thomas

In the linked thread someone is considered a racist because they suggest Thomas may have a different POV on abortions simply because of the race of the child due to his life experiences. And I think he was further considered racist because he said some Hispanics consider themselves white. 

As to ignoring: that's exactly what I will do when you post a sure to come feeble retort; as it is not my intention to derail the thread. I just found it "Golden" of CJD that he was unaware that folks are sometimes slurred with no "evidence" and hoped he could perserve that innocence.  

All you have to do to experience it first hand is to put on a MAGA hat and walk down the street.
(07-09-2019, 01:35 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: All you have to do to experience it first hand is to put on a MAGA hat and walk down the street.

I don't see the connection.
(07-09-2019, 01:36 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I don't see the connection.

The Catholic boy from Covington was labeled a racist solely because he wore such a hat and there are numerous other examples of people slurred simply for wearing the headgear. You really are innocent. 

(07-09-2019, 02:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Catholic boy from Covington was labeled a racist solely because he wore such a hat and there are numerous other examples of people slurred simply for wearing the headgear. You really are innocent. 

Was it solely because of the hat, or did it have to do with the actions that he was reported to have taken?
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-09-2019, 02:40 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: Was it solely because of the hat, or did it have to do with the actions that he was reported to have taken?

Solely because of the hat. Most likely the motivation for the "reports". 

Are you suggesting folks are slurred simply for wearing the headgear or are you just asking? 

Just as the reactions would have been differently if it had been a black kid wearing a hoody.

(07-09-2019, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Solely because of the hat. Most likely the motivation for the "reports". 

So you are saying that it was only the hate that caused the labeling?

(07-09-2019, 02:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Are you suggesting folks are slurred simply for wearing the headgear or are you just asking? 

I'm not suggesting anything. You have suggested this is the case for the student and I am just clarifying with you that it is your position that his being labeled a racist had nothing to do with his actions or anything else and only the fact he was wearing a MAGA hat.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-09-2019, 03:08 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: So you are saying that it was only the hate that caused the labeling?

I'm not suggesting anything. You have suggested this is the case for the student and I am just clarifying with you that it is your position that his being labeled a racist had nothing to do with his actions or anything else and only the fact he was wearing a MAGA hat.

And your question was answered. It was solely because of the hat. 

Sadly my counter-question remains unanswered. 

(07-09-2019, 03:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And your question was answered. It was solely because of the hat. 

Sadly my counter-question remains unanswered. 

It was answered. You asked if I was suggesting something and I said no, and explained what I was doing.

And I think you are absolutely wrong that he was labeled a racist solely because of his hat. We'll just have to disagree on that one.

(07-09-2019, 03:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It was answered. You asked if I was suggesting something and I said no, and explained what I was doing.

And I think you are absolutely wrong that he was labeled a racist solely because of his hat. We'll just have to disagree on that one.

Then disagree all you want, the media made sure to show him wearing the hat and didn't tell the whole story, but they made sure we knew he was a racist.
(07-09-2019, 03:13 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: It was answered. You asked if I was suggesting something and I said no, and explained what I was doing.

Of course we'll just disagree. IMO he was labeled a racist by many simply because of the hat he had on. You can disagree with that assertion but I think you are absolutely wrong. My reasoning is we've seen too many other examples of folks that are slurred simply for wearing the headgear. I sure you have your reasoning. 

(07-09-2019, 02:33 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The Catholic boy from Covington was labeled a racist solely because he wore such a hat and there are numerous other examples of people slurred simply for wearing the headgear. You really are innocent. 

Well, no. I meant I didn't see the connection between a person wearing Donald Trump's hat being assumed to be a racist and the discussion regarding someone being called a racist with no evidence.
(07-09-2019, 03:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Then disagree all you want, the media made sure to show him wearing the hat and didn't tell the whole story, but they made sure we knew he was a racist.

They told the story they were fed and engaged in piss poor journalism. They did update and/or retract their stories when more information was available. Regardless, the actions he and his classmates were reported to have taken painted a racist image more than the hat.

(07-09-2019, 03:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course we'll just disagree. IMO he was labeled a racist by many simply because of the hat he had on. You can disagree with that assertion but I think you are absolutely wrong. My reasoning is we've seen too many other examples of folks that are slurred simply for wearing the headgear. I sure you have your reasoning. 

Indeed. My reasoning being that not everyone who wears a MAGA hat is painted as a racist in the media, while the kid from Covington was in the media because of the image and his reported actions. Were it not for the, admittedly misrepresented, report of their actions then there would have been no attempt to portray him as a racist. So it would be illogical to conclude it was the hat alone that caused him to be seen as a racist.

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, just that was a poor representation for your argument.

(07-09-2019, 03:47 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course we'll just disagree. IMO he was labeled a racist by many simply because of the hat he had on. You can disagree with that assertion but I think you are absolutely wrong. My reasoning is we've seen too many other examples of folks that are slurred simply for wearing the headgear. I sure you have your reasoning. 

Technically, you don't have to wear the hat, the 62 million people that voted for Trump are all labeled automatically as racists.

When you watch the whole video, you will see that the boys didn't initiate anything with the Native American, he jumped into the middle of them beating his drum and antagonized them. Of course the MSM only shows the part after he maneuvered himself into the middle of him so that it looks like they had him surrounded and were antagonizing him. If those boys hadn't been wearing the MAGA hats, would they have made international news? Any other hate and they would've been classified as immature teens, instead, they were classified as soldiers of hate. Why was very little said about the Black Hebrews who were spewing anti-gay and racist remarks at the students?

And didn't Alyssa Milano call the MAGA the new White Hood in response to the Covington boys? Doesn't that mean those boys should be doing hideous things to African Americans?

Jamie Lee Curtis attacked the boys at first as well, then apologized for her behavior once she saw the whole video. But her friend tweeted her and said: "Did you miss the hats?".

Same as these:
Matther Sears refers to the Hat as the new KKK hoodie.
Robin Ghivan says "to wear the hat is to wrap oneself in a Confederate flag"
Didn't Jussie Smollett arrange to make sure his cohorts wore MAGA hats?
The Wursthall Restaurant has banned the MAGA hats.
People wearing them have been targets of assaults in High School, colleges restaurants and in the public areas.

In Ky, a man was recently arrested for pulling a .40 glock on a person in a MAGA hat. The guy flipped the MAGA guy off and when the MAGA wearer returned the obscene gesture, he went and pulled his gun on him.

Rosiane Santos was charged with assault after grabbing Bryton Turner's MAGA hat and trying to slam his face into a plate full of food.

Why can't the hate simply be what it is, a symbol of Pride in America? instead of being the equivalent of a Totenkopf.

All in all, have to give credit to Trump being a Marketing Genius, the hat will go down in history as a vital piece of campaign memorabilia and will become a collectors item.
(07-09-2019, 04:33 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: When you watch the whole video, you will see that the boys didn't initiate anything with the Native American, he jumped into the middle of them beating his drum and antagonized them. Of course the MSM only shows the part after he maneuvered himself into the middle of him so that it looks like they had him surrounded and were antagonizing him. If those boys hadn't been wearing the MAGA hats, would they have made international news? Any other hate and they would've been classified as immature teens, instead, they were classified as soldiers of hate. Why was very little said about the Black Hebrews who were spewing anti-gay and racist remarks at the students?

That story saw several iterative updates as evidence was revealed.

There was the initial iteration which was "boy confronts peaceful Native American"

The second iteration, which is the one the above description recounts, was "Native American walks into group of Trump hat wearers and plays a song in boy's face."

The third iteration was after the black Hebrews video was uncovered and that one was essentially "Black Hebrews were antagonizing children (most likely) for wearing MAGA gear. Children began responding with school chants and other pep rally style call and responses. Native American walks between the two groups to try and break up the verbal fighting."

All three iterations were reported by the MSM as they were uncovered.
(07-09-2019, 04:16 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: They told the story they were fed and engaged in piss poor journalism. They did update and/or retract their stories when more information was available. Regardless, the actions he and his classmates were reported to have taken painted a racist image more than the hat.

Indeed. My reasoning being that not everyone who wears a MAGA hat is painted as a racist in the media, while the kid from Covington was in the media because of the image and his reported actions. Were it not for the, admittedly misrepresented, report of their actions then there would have been no attempt to portray him as a racist. So it would be illogical to conclude it was the hat alone that caused him to be seen as a racist.

I'm not saying that it doesn't happen, just that was a poor representation for your argument.

And surprisingly I saying I disagree. Many painted the Covington Kid as racist simply because of the hat; it's why the image of him smiling at the NA was such "news". It was a perfect example of narrow-minded folks doing so simply without evidence. 

I can proudly say I didn't jump to conclusions; can everyone else reading these words do the same?