Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Returning Animosity to where it belongs
This off-season has certainly been the most divisive off-season I can remember in my life as a Bengal fan.

I know I certainly was at the forefront of one of the biggest debates and while I still have my view of things, it is time to put that all behind us and move forward as fans of the same team.

Let us return to our dislike of:

San Francisco for beating us twice in the Super Bowl... screw you Montana...just screw you buddy.

New York Jets for well just being the Jets... and Mark Sanchez beating us in the 2009 playoffs. Damn butt fumbler.

Las Vegas Raiders for leaving Oakland and Bo Jackson's hip and the curse that has followed.

Detroit Lions for their terrible field and the end of Ki-Jana Carter's career.

Denver Broncos for the fluke TD of Brandon Stokely in 2009... lucky SOB...

Chicago Bears for the shirtless heart attack in progress fans sitting around in 0 degrees stuffing sausages down their throat, and Andy Dalton's revenge game.

Minnesota Vikings for stealing Zimmer away and breaking the hearts of all the fans, the D hasn't been the same since.

Kansas City Chiefs for drafting Mahomes and making the John Ross pick just look that much worse.

Los Angeles Chargers for making me type Los Angeles not San Diego where you know you damn well belong. For the playoff loses and the punchable face of Phillip Rivers and of course for Dan Fouts being a total douche on the air covering Bengals' games because he got a little cold in a playoff game one year... suck it up wuss.

Jacksonville Jaguars for Jalen Ramsey being a punk and making A.J. Green UFC his ass to the ground. That's it though since the hate is very limited here as they have Trevor Lawrence and he is amazing and the hate will be limited for this team.

Green Bay Packers for having Brett Favre and his dick pics then Aaron Rodgers and just always being so damn good... seriously, how about a losing season once in awhile guys. Oh, A-Aron is leaving... there is hope... until Jordan Love ends up MVP, then screw you cheeseheads.

And of course....the big trifecta of total asshatery.

Cleveland Browns Baker Mayfield is like that little turd in the bowl that won't flush no matter how many times you flush the bowl. Just keeps popping up with a dumb ass smile going look at me, look at me. Myles Garret out there denting heads with helmets and of course roid raging like a maniac. But let's remember, Browns being Browns... fat ass greaseball fans eating milk bones during games and wondering why they are all out of shape and single. So pathetic that Bud Light felt bad enough to give you free beer for a single win....

Baltimore Ravens murder, drugs and overacting. No, I'm not talking about the wire, I'm talking about the Lewis' twins from the Ravens and their favorite past times. The ceremonial circle jerk around the league as Ray Lewis came onto the field and the Raven fans all simultaneously creamed their crack covered pants was sickening. The only thing worse is the smug look from Harbaugh who looks like a guy that smells his own farts and comments on how nice and amazing they are... To think, this team actually made people think Joe Flacco was an elite QB

Pittsburgh Steelers this one is going to be a long one. Kimo Voncheapshot, Hines Ward you degenerate asshat, Tomlin's shit eating grin, Cowher's and his we dey chant, Ben throwing picks and raping chicks, Joey Porter starting shit and getting a flag thrown on Pacman, Ryan Shazier spearing people over and over till he speared himself out of the league, and of course the worst fanbase on the planet filled with lying, cheating, no-good, rotten, four-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed sack of monkey shit people. Down 14 and Ben throws another pick, "Here we go Steelers, here we go." Seriously, why hasn't this cult gone Jonestown yet and helped save the gene pool of humanity. Oh, and Ken Anderson's neck is still messed up from the cheap tactics these guys were doing in the 70's and 80's but that's just good hard nosed football. When some other team hits hard... it's cheap and dirty.

So, with all that I hope that we can move on from the issues of the past few months and find new happiness in disliking other teams (except the Jaguars Ninja Ninja )

Feel free to add more reasons I may have missed for disliking the 2021 opponents.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Anyone remember when Whit threw Henderson when they played the Jaguars? I felt like that was the moment we stepped out of the cellar as the leagues whipping boys. Whit was letting the rest of NFL know that the Bengals were back and meant business. I sure wish one of our new big guys would step up and make a statement like that again. BTW, wasn't that because Henderson was giving our QB a little extra? Was that Palmer?
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 03:31 PM)Mer Wrote: Anyone remember when Whit threw Henderson when they played the Jaguars? I felt like that was the moment we stepped out of the cellar as the leagues whipping boys. Whit was letting the rest of NFL know that the Bengals were back and meant business. I sure wish one of our new big guys would step up and make a statement like that again. BTW, wasn't that because Henderson was giving our QB a little extra? Was that Palmer?

I know he went after LaMarr Houston in 2012 when Houston tackled Dalton after the play was blown dead.

The issue with Henderson was he tried to gouge at Whitworth's eyes and Whit was not having it.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2008/11/2/652342/andrew-whitworth-fight-wit

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 03:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I know he went after LaMarr Houston in 2012 when Houston tackled Dalton after the play was blown dead.

The issue with Henderson was he tried to gouge at Whitworth's eyes and Whit was not having it.

yeah this is the play i was thinking Whit Got Ejected but that was Okay... He did the right thing.. Wish more OL had that passion
Reply/Quote
That's the spirit! Spread the hate.

Add Miami to the list. They picked half the first round the last two seasons, and still can't get into the playoffs. Hell, they finished 10-6... But couldn't get by the Colts to get into the postseason. Nobody cares that you went undefeated 50 years ago, you're answer to a franchise qb was Ryan Fitzpatrick
Reply/Quote
For me I wanted OL big time, probably to trade back and get Darrisaw or Slater, but truth is I'm very, very happy with the Chase pick. No need to let personal opinions about football draftee's get in between the fans. On game day we are all Bengals fans and I for one would be happy to watch a game with any of y'all. The best thing about this draft was with the top 5 pick it was hard to go wrong with any of the options most of us fans wanted.

I agree its time to move on and rally behind this team as a fan base. Put any hate or frustration towards the Stealers Ravens and Browns. We have a lot to cheer for as Bengals fans right now.
Reply/Quote
Let's also get ready to really say "SCREW THE BROWNIES" if they pull off a Baker for Rodgers trade.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 03:45 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I know he went after LaMarr Houston in 2012 when Houston tackled Dalton after the play was blown dead.

That's right. I'm getting those 2 incidents mixed up. I just remember getting fired up when Whit man handled John Henderson. Wish I could find that video. 
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote
This all goes out the door when Burrow takes a sack or Chase drops a crucial pass.

Gameday whining that spills over to "we should've/I told you so" threads created.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 07:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This all goes out the door when Burrow takes a sack or Chase drops a crucial pass.

Gameday whining that spills over to "we should've/I told you so" threads created.

It'll even out when Sewell is a bust.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 07:15 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: This all goes out the door when Burrow takes a sack or Chase drops a crucial pass.

That happens every year though and usually devolves into fire the coaches or screw Mike Brown which is still more civil.

(05-11-2021, 07:21 PM)jason Wrote: It'll even out when Sewell is a bust.

Just poor coaching from the Lions  Tongue

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 04:53 PM)Mer Wrote: That's right. I'm getting those 2 incidents mixed up. I just remember getting fired up when Whit man handled John Henderson. Wish I could find that video. 

He got into it with Henderson because Henderson tried to gouge his eye.  That incident woke the Bengals up for the remainder of the day.
Reply/Quote
Trevor Lawrence might be amazing, but Joe Burrow will ALWAYS be the guy that beat his ass down in college football.. and probably every game the Bengals play the Jags FOREVER!
Lawrence will always get a mystery injury before every Bengals/Jags game..and secretly go home to sob into his pillow..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 08:39 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: He got into it with Henderson because Henderson tried to gouge his eye.  That incident woke the Bengals up for the remainder of the day.

[Image: R386e5f056176662bfbba91277b9af597?rik=n5...pid=ImgRaw]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 03:58 PM)Benton Wrote: That's the spirit! Spread the hate.

Add Miami to the list. They picked half the first round the last two seasons, and still can't get into the playoffs. Hell, they finished 10-6... But couldn't get by the Colts to get into the postseason. Nobody cares that you went undefeated 50 years ago, you're answer to a franchise qb was Ryan Fitzpatrick

To be fair, if Fitzpatrick didn’t get benched they likely make the Playoffs. He was easily the best QB in Miami.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 10:39 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: To be fair, if Fitzpatrick didn’t get benched they likely make the Playoffs.  He was easily the best QB in Miami.

There's no fairness in animosity.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 12:52 AM)Benton Wrote: There's no fairness in animosity.

Truth.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 10:11 PM)The Clapp Wrote: [Image: R386e5f056176662bfbba91277b9af597?rik=n5...pid=ImgRaw]

*states it woke up the team*

*posts a pic that shows they were already up 21-3, with the 3rd Q almost done*

Trust me, they didn't need any waking up that day lol; Fitzpatrick was in good shape, Ced had a great game and Chad had 2 TDs.

If not for Glenn Holt's stupid (and avoidable) fumble, the game wouldn't have been nearly as close as it was.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I agree with most everything you said.

Except **** Trevor Lawrence.
Reply/Quote
(05-12-2021, 01:30 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I agree with most everything you said.

Except **** Trevor Lawrence.

Same, hope we beat his ass for years to come along with the Stoolers, Ratbirds and Stains.

We start winning in our own Division and we will be tough for anybody. Could happen if coaching improves.

I love the players we have and I love bringing in the coaches we did this Offseason for the trenches.
Reply/Quote