Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Revisiting the Stains loss
Sad 
Let’s not live in the past.

What’s done is done.

Water under the bridge.

Yada yada yada. I get it.

But that loss and AT HOME (!) still makes me scratch my head.

We got the same smack down that we just layeth on the Stoolers

What exactly happened? How can we make sure this doesn’t happen again - especially not the final game of the season where we will surely be needing a win.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 03:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: Let’s not live in the past.

What’s done is done.

Water under the bridge.

What exactly happened? How can we make sure this doesn’t happen again - especially not the final game of the season where we will surely be needing a win.

Well garret is the best pass rusher in the league, and then you have Clooney opposite from him.

Elite pass rushing defenses give us trouble
Reply/Quote
It was perfect storm for them we were out of synch and they were locked in proving they could win without Odell.
Reply/Quote
The defense did a pitiful job at containing Chubb. He ran for nearly 10 yards per carry (14 carries, 137 yards). I was at the game and haven't watched it since, but whatever run fits they were utilizing in that game need to be questioned for the next game. Cleveland, especially with Baker as he is, is looking to run the ball on you. If Lou can adjust and have a better gameplan for their running personnel, it puts the onus on Baker to win the game and he isn't in a great position to do that this season.

Then, there is also the part where the players have to actually execute. The problem may not have been the run fits, but poor play. I genuinely don't know, I haven't watched since that day. Point of the post is to CONTAIN CHUBB.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 03:14 PM)Whacked Wrote: Let’s not live in the past.

What’s done is done.

Water under the bridge.

Like I said in my underappreciated thread about the offensive adjustments, the reason we lost to the Jets and Browns is simple.

Defenses adjusted and started focusing Chase, but we hadn't adjusted ourselves. In the Browns game, Mixon only had 13 carries (for 64 yards and 2 scores). Without Chase, our pass offense isn't as dynamic, yet we were still throwing like it was (40 passes vs Cleveland).

Over the last 2 weeks, we've adjusted and have been feeding Mixon (30 and 28 carries), and targeting other WRs more.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We looked pretty good coming out of the gate, then a 99 yard pick 6 took it all away real fast. Whatever happened next is a blur, I just know we couldnt stop Chubb to save our lives that day and Burrow took 5 sacks and got hit numerous more times.
Reply/Quote
Sorry, but it's not the past. We struggle to matchup with teams like the Browns and the Jets and will continue to do so.

The Browns have an elite DL and really good cornerbacks. Until we show we can beat teams with this skillset, we will continue to struggle against them.

The NFL is all about matchups. The formula to beat us is there if teams have the right personnel.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
For some reason, both the Clowns game and the Jets game, they forgot how to tackle also. Several missed tackles in both games.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 05:04 PM)No-huddle Joe Wrote: For some reason, both the Clowns game and the Jets game, they forgot how to tackle also.  Several missed tackles in both games.

True, it looked like a completely different defense. But it seems like they are getting back on track. We have to beat the Browns. Cant let those turds sweep us. 
Reply/Quote
I can't begin to explain it but Mayfield just has our #. He'll look like complete crap two or three weeks in a row then takes the field vs. us and it's 400 yards 4 TD's 105 QB rating.
Reply/Quote
That Browns game was just a perfect shitstorm of bad football.

3 Bengal turnovers with one of them returned for a td and another returned to our 8 yard line.

Zero turnovers by Browns.

3 of 11 on 3rd downs.

0 of 2 on 4th downs.

11 missed tackles.

5 sacks allowed.

4 dropped passes. (9 total in our other 10 games)

Mayfield 5 completions of 20+ yards (total 152 yds), Burrow only 1 (total 20 yds)
Reply/Quote
The whole key to beating the Stains is on defense to tackle correctly. On offense it is to be methodical and not make dumb mistakes.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 03:25 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Well garret is the best pass rusher in the league, and then you have Clooney opposite from him.

Elite pass rushing defenses give us trouble

George or Nick?
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 07:27 PM)BengalRed Wrote: George or Nick?

Rosemary.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 07:36 PM)Earendil Wrote: Rosemary.

Dead
Reply/Quote
Ehh. Any given Sunday.
Reply/Quote
Today, there was an article somewhere about what's wrong with the Brown's offense. I wanted to get there and comment at the bottom, "They can't play the Bengals every week." But here's hoping the Bengals can win up there in January.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 03:38 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Like I said in my underappreciated thread about the offensive adjustments, the reason we lost to the Jets and Browns is simple.

Defenses adjusted and started focusing Chase, but we hadn't adjusted ourselves. In the Browns game, Mixon only had 13 carries (for 64 yards and 2 scores). Without Chase, our pass offense isn't as dynamic, yet we were still throwing like it was (40 passes vs Cleveland).

Over the last 2 weeks, we've adjusted and have been feeding Mixon (30 and 28 carries), and targeting other WRs more.
Well that and Baker Mayfield suddenly becomes Dan Marino when he plays the Bengals. I also don't think it was terribly wise to go for it on 4th down, down one score, in the second quarter of a game in which we had not stopped their offense at all. There was still a lot of game left, but they blew the game open immediately after that.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 08:21 PM)WiregrassBenGal Wrote: Today, there was an article somewhere about what's wrong with the Brown's offense. I wanted to get there and comment at the bottom, "They can't play the Bengals every week." But here's hoping the Bengals can win up there in January.

Lolol

The point on Chubb resonates the most. Their OL and Chubb decimated us.

The Rat Turds shut down the Stains run game very well.

Need to copy that game plan.
Reply/Quote
Browns DL is down right scary. I hope they don't make the playoffs and that group falls apart after this year. And their OL is probably better than their DL.

Hopefully the Jets and Browns losses were a major turning point. I blame the Jets loss on a young team coming off an enormous divisional win playing on the best party holiday on the road in NYC. I blame the Browns loss on dwelling on the Jets loss and not getting our heads out of our asses fast enough.
Reply/Quote