Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rex Ryan for head coach
(12-03-2018, 02:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Realistic expectations people. Mike Brown is not going to make some innovative hire. or even some innovative first time head coach. chances are he would want to go somewhere else anyway. I personally think he's a more proven defensive genius than Marvin anyway. Only time Marvin had  a good defense as a coordinator was with the Ravens with a generational talent Like Ray Lewis at Linebacker. Only D that Marvin had  here was with an elite coordinator in Zimmer. Plus as an added bonus on most 4th downs from here on forward we would be going for it. He could fix this dumpster fire we have now in 1 off season

I thought the circus went out of business?
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 02:52 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Rex Ryan trying to talk to Mike Brown...man that would be funny to watch

I wonder how long it would take before Rex punched Mikey boy in the face and break his jaw.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Rex Ryan is (thankfully) far too bold of a personality for the Bengals. With comments like how Brady has an "asterisk" on his stat sheet, and how the Bills organization "didn't let him coach" because they fired him for being horrible, Ryan is far too inflammatory.  If forced to choose between Rex and Hue, I'd honestly pick Hue. He dropped off a cliff after the great Jets roster he was gifted with started falling apart.
Reply/Quote
Any good coaching candidate will do his homework on the team and present Mikey with a list of 20 things that he needs and Mike will allow 1 or 2 and the good candidate will shake his hand and walk away.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same number as Rex Ryan won in his last 6 seasons.

I was not the one who brought up Marvin Lewis.  I am just pointing out that Rex Ryan stinks as a head coach.  He had a roster full of Pro Bowl and All Pro players with the Jets and only got 2 winning seasons out of them.

Rex Ryan has a 4-2 playoff record while making it to the AFC championship game twice with Mark Sanchez as his qb. Marvin Lewis is 0-7 in the playoffs. Rex had to do that while in the same division as the New England Patriots.

I’m not a Ryan fan and don’t particularly want him as our coach but he’s an upgrade from what we have now.

And foot fetish is way more fun than giggle fetish. Plus I want to see who he gets a tattoo of!
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:05 PM)motoarch Wrote: Rex Ryan has a 4-2 playoff record while making it to the AFC championship game twice with Mark Sanchez as his qb.  Marvin Lewis is 0-7 in the playoffs.  Rex had to do that while in the same division as the New England Patriots.  

I’m not a Ryan fan and don’t particularly want him as our coach but he’s an upgrade from what we have now.

And foot fetish is way more fun than giggle fetish.  Plus I want to see who he gets a tattoo of!

Rex Ryan was handed a loaded roster and got 2 winning seasons out of it.  He did not have a single winning season in his last 6 years as a head coach.  He is not an upgrade over Marvin.

Every single player on the Jets O-line went to a Pro Bowl at some point in his career and 2 of them were multiple All Pro selections (Faneca and Mangold).  Both hi FB (Tony Richardson) and his RB (Thomas Jones) were Pro Bowl players plus they had Shonn Green who would have 2 thousand yard rushing seasons.  They added Pro Bowl WR Braylon Edwards the year Ryan arrived.

They also added 4 new starters on defense in free agency when Ryan arrived including 2 Pro Bowl players (LB Bart Scott, CB Lito Sheppard).  They already had Pro Bowl DE Shaun Ellis, and All Pro CB Darrelle Revis.

That team was loaded.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rex Ryan was handed a loaded roster and got 2 winning seasons out of it.  He did not have a single winning season in his last 6 years as a head coach.  He is not an upgrade over Marvin.

Every single player on the Jets O-line went to a Pro Bowl at some point in his career and 2 of them were multiple All Pro selections (Faneca and Mangold).  Both hi FB (Tony Richardson) and his RB (Thomas Jones) were Pro Bowl players plus they had Shonn Green who would have 2 thousand yard rushing seasons.  They added Pro Bowl WR Braylon Edwards the year Ryan arrived.

They also added 4 new starters on defense in free agency when Ryan arrived including 2 Pro Bowl players (LB Bart Scott, CB Lito Sheppard).  They already had Pro Bowl DE Shaun Ellis, and All Pro CB Darrelle Revis.

That team was loaded
I encourage all of you to watch sexy Rex on ESPN every Sunday morning talking fantasy football
He and his twin brother just have the right last name..............neither are bright, gifted or innovative football wise
Their father Buddy had players who loved him,his style of D and would run thru a brick wall for him.............neither of the boys ever got that buy in love from their players
Both are popular for TV because of their outrageous opinions..........but no one takes them serious
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rex Ryan was handed a loaded roster and got 2 winning seasons out of it.  He did not have a single winning season in his last 6 years as a head coach.  He is not an upgrade over Marvin.

That team was loaded.

And you don’t believe any of the success of those player was related to coaching? Marvin’s has some pretty damn good talent to work with and not succeed with it.

Do you honestly think the Jets team that beat us to sneak into and then beat us it the playoffs was a better team? I don’t, they were trash. Rex was simply better when it mattered most than Marvin was. Head to head with a worst team he won, twice.

I would argue some of his teams were better than any team the Jets ever fielded to the point they should have been super bowl caliper teams only to fail in the first round of the playoffs.

Some of this was bad luck like lossing Carson on the first play of the game or not having dalton going into the playoffs to start but 0-7 is just to nuch evidence to keep coming up with excuses for.

I’m not sure there is a clear cut winner here and we could argue infinitely and it wouldn’t matter.

What I do know is no other coach has been give as much time as Marvin to succeed in the post season and not ever do so. That is not arguable period. Anyone who attempts to do so is a fool and trolling for the sake of doing so.

I’m leaving it at that cause taking this any further with you will only lead us down past roads I’d rather not go down. I respect you feel differently but I disagree.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 06:58 PM)motoarch Wrote: Do you honestly think the Jets team that beat us to sneak into and then beat us it the playoffs was a better team?  I don’t, they were trash. 

Trash?

How is a team that had both the number one defense in the league and the number one rush offense in the league "trash"?

They had MUCH more talent than us, and they underperformed under Ryan.

RB Thomas Jones...………....1 X Pro Bowl, 5 X 1000 yd rush season
RB Shonn Green...……….…...2 X 1000 yd rush season
RB/KR Leon Washington......2 X Pro Bowl, 1 X All Pro
FB Tony Richardson...……....3 X Pro Bowl
WR Jericho Cotchery………...1 X 1000 yd receiving
WR Braylon Edwards………...1 X Pro Bowl
LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson...3 X Pro Bowl
LG Alan Faneca………………...9 X Pro Bowl, 6 X All Pro
OC Nick Mangold...…………...6 X Pro Bowl, 3 X All Pro
RG Brandon Moore...………...1 X Pro Bowl
RT Damien Woody...………….1 X Pro Bowl

DE Shaun Ellis...………………..2 X Pro Bowl
NT Kris Jenkins...……………...4 x Pro Bowl, 2 X All Pro
MLB David Harris...…………...5 X 120+ tkls
LB Bart Scott...………………….1 X Pro Bowl
CB Darrelle Revis……………….7 X Pro Bowl, 4 X All Pro
CB Lito Sheppard...…………...2 X Pro Bowl, 1 X All Pro

14 different players with 39 Pro Bowl seasons
6 different players with 17 All Pro seasons.

And that was just the '09 team.  The next year they added a 1200 yd WR (Santonio Holmes) and another All Pro CB (Antonio Cromatrie).
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:42 PM)fredtoast Wrote: In his last 6 seasons Marvin has a record of 56-38-2 with 4 playoff appearances.

Shockingly, you ignored what I said.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 08:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trash?

How is a team that had both the number one defense in the league and the number one rush offense in the league "trash"?

And that was just the '09 team.  The next year they added a 1200 yd WR (Santonio Holmes) and another All Pro CB (Antonio Cromatrie).
Weird.  I see in one thread where you say Marvin needs to go and no one else would hire him.  Then I go to another and there you are, screaming yourself blue in the face defending Marvin.  Which is it?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 09:09 PM)McC Wrote: Weird.  I see in one thread where you sat Marvin needs to go and no one else would hire him.  Then I go to another and there you are, screaming yourself blue in the face defending Marvin.  Which is it?

It doesn’t matter because he’s a troll that just wants to argue in the face of truth and logic.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 08:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Trash?

[quote pid='644641' dateline='1543881104']
So your saying Carson Chad Whit Housh Willie Gresh Peko Geathers Deltha Nugent were all garbage we had more talent at most important position QB I could name more we stack up damn well against that team its really not close. plus we had homefield and we played them the week before

[/quote]
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 03:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rex Ryan has losing record for his career (61-66)

In his last 6 years as a head coach he had zero winning seasons and went 41-54.

Is this a joke?

So you’re saying he would fit right in
Reply/Quote
I will take a conference championship appearance. I at least want to celebrate a playoff win before i'm dead. 27 years and counting dont care if we go 2- 30 next 2 seasons after that.
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 04:25 PM)BengalChris Wrote: I wonder how long it would take before Rex punched Mikey boy in the face and break his jaw.

Mike might hire him so he wouldnt have to pay for foot massages anymore!!
Reply/Quote
(12-03-2018, 02:49 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: Realistic expectations people. Mike Brown is not going to make some innovative hire. or even some innovative first time head coach. chances are he would want to go somewhere else anyway. I personally think he's a more proven defensive genius than Marvin anyway. Only time Marvin had  a good defense as a coordinator was with the Ravens with a generational talent Like Ray Lewis at Linebacker. Only D that Marvin had  here was with an elite coordinator in Zimmer. Plus as an added bonus on most 4th downs from here on forward we would be going for it. He could fix this dumpster fire we have now in 1 off season

I don't like Rex Ryan but as long as we move on from Marv i think we have a chance.

Almost any change from him right now would help this team, we have good players, they need motivation and
some discipline. Solidify the trenches and with Ryan he is good with Linebackers which we need desperately.

Not opposed even if i would rather have a guy like Nagy as our next HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:44 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I don't like Rex Ryan but as long as we move on from Marv i think we have a chance.

Almost any change from him right now would help this team, we have good players, they need motivation and
some discipline. Solidify the trenches and with Ryan he is good with Linebackers which we need desperately.

Not opposed even if i would rather have a guy like Nagy as our next HC.

I'm not a Ryan fan either but the shape that this team is in right now I'd take damn near anybody to get Merv out the door, except Hue.

This team badly needs a change of direction.
Reply/Quote

Have to agree. After '09-'10, he proved to be an extremely mediocre head coach. I would rather not replace one mediocre coach with another.
Reply/Quote
(12-04-2018, 01:48 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm not a Ryan fan either but the shape that this team is in right now I'd take damn near anybody to get Merv out the door, except Hue.

This team badly needs a change of direction.

Yeah, Hue is the one guy i wouldn't like.

We sure are picky lol
Reply/Quote