Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rey Maulugua in town for a visit
(12-14-2017, 09:28 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: But why Maualuga? Surely there's someone else available. 

I don't care if they "know him" or not the bengals are notorious enablers and this guy is a repeat offender. He can't lay off the sauce and it's a guarantee he'll do something stupid again. But of course, the team doesn't give two shits about character. Whatever 

He's a repeat offender, he hasn't been good for many years (some would argue ever), the season is essentially over so there's nothing to "salvage"... There is no good reason to bring this guy back. None.

I sometimes wonder if the team is aware that they are allowed to sign other free agents besides former bengals. Are they really that lazy? 

Yeah I agree with you there.

When Shazier got hurt the Steelers added Sean Spence. Spence was a pretty good LB. There have to be others out there.
Reply/Quote
Oh this is definitely going to happen.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:09 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah I agree with you there.

When Shazier got hurt the Steelers added Sean Spence. Spence was a pretty good LB. There have to be others out there.

steelers are also on their way to the playoffs and potential first round bye.

We are headed to the offseason and lots of turnover.

Malaugua Fits right into the system cause he knows it. and can play right away...  But wont be here past the final 3  games

We are down a few linebackers so this helps put a body on the field...

You guys hate Rey M but somehow cant see this simple concept.. wow
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: steelers are also on their way to the playoffs and potential first round bye.

Malaugua Fits right into the system cause he knows it. and can play right away...  But wont be here past the final 3  games

Haha I can see this headline now, after the season:

"Bengals re-sign Maulauga to a three year extension"  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:41 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: steelers are also on their way to the playoffs and potential first round bye.

You guys hate Rey M    but somehow cant see this simple concept..   wow

It has more to do with the fact that Rey is a scumbag alcoholic who can't stay out of jail. We seem to love going after guys with character issues. That's the problem
Reply/Quote
Did Mike Brown buy out Ringling Brothers, because this franchise has been a complete circus all year...
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If he's just a warm body throw out there for a final 3 meaningless games whatever.

If we intend on keeping him past that? Stupid.
Reply/Quote
Mauluga could be charged with rape n the Bengals would bring him back. hes so garbage. why are we bringing him back.
Reply/Quote
As others have noted.....why not try to find a diamond in the rough from a PS and see if he brings anything to the table for next year?  The season is toast, who cares if we get burnt?  Maualuga can't cover the middle either, we KNOW this.  Factor in the baggage?  Clowns gon' clown.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This organization is laughable if it considers signing him.............
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
You guys can't see the forest through the hatred. There are 3 games left.... 3 meaningless games. Maualuga is a plug and play middle linebacker who knows this system like the back of his hand. It's a 3 game stopgap and he can be had cheap. Geeze....
Reply/Quote

You guys hate Rey M    but somehow cant see this simple concept..   wow

That's even more reason for us to go with a young guy that could have a future here.

Why sign someone you know doesn't fit the future? Plus, he was just arrested less than a month ago.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:43 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Haha I can see this headline now, after the season:

"Bengals re-sign Maulauga to a three year extension"  Hilarious

Honestly, with Minter only here for 1 year that could happen.
Reply/Quote
[Image: dumAg0.gif]
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Yeah no thanks. We dont need traitors here
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You guys can't see the forest through the hatred. There are 3 games left.... 3 meaningless games. Maualuga is a plug and play middle linebacker who knows this system like the back of his hand. It's a 3 game stopgap and he can be had cheap. Geeze....

With 3 games left...that's more of a reason to sign a young guy off of a practice squad somewhere.

IF we were fighting for the playoffs, then we'd need a guy who knows the system.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:45 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: It has more to do with the fact that Rey is a scumbag alcoholic who can't stay out of jail. We seem to love going after guys with character issues. That's the problem

There are some fans on this board that support EVERY move the Bengals make. EVERY.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 01:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With 3 games left...that's more of a reason to sign a young guy off of a practice squad somewhere.

IF we were fighting for the playoffs, then we'd need a guy who knows the system.

This. No sense in bringing unnecessary BS to the team at this point. My fear is that if he's signed, even to minimum wage, he'll make a case to get an extension. As Pistons said, it's not outrageous to think that maybe he'll be extended for next season.

No freakin thank you 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 01:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are some fans on this board that support EVERY move the Bengals make. EVERY.

I noticed  Whatever Quite sad... But I do admire/envy their eternal optimism 
Reply/Quote
http://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/14/rey-maualuga-back-classic-bengals-move/

Perfectly said: "Classic Bengal move"
Reply/Quote