Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rey Maulugua in town for a visit
(12-14-2017, 01:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are some fans on this board that support EVERY move the Bengals make. EVERY.

seriously..so true.   the Bengals could sign OJ Simpson tomorrow n the usual suspects would justify the move
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 01:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With 3 games left...that's more of a reason to sign a young guy off of a practice squad somewhere.

IF we were fighting for the playoffs, then we'd need a guy who knows the system.

This, so much this.....

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 01:56 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: seriously..so true.   the Bengals could sign OJ Simpson tomorrow n the usual suspects would justify the move

Yep. IF Marvin Lewis gets an extension...there are some on these boards would will justify it too.

It just shows how battered of a fanbase we are.
Reply/Quote
I can't help but wonder how many of those who are upset at the possibility of re-signing Maulugua are the same who are advocating Guenther or Hue as our next HC.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't want Hue or Guenther.

IF Maualuga wasn't just arrested for battery it's one thing. I think I could atleast somewhat understand it.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 02:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wouldn't want Hue or Guenther.

IF Maualuga wasn't just arrested for battery it's one thing. I think I could atleast somewhat understand it.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want Maualuga back on the Bengals. I just find it funny how some are so upset at the Bengals looking at a former Bengal LB, but have no problem with the Bengals hiring former Bengal coaches as HC.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2017, 11:10 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/12/13/rey-maualuga-visits-bengals/

Are you f***ing kidding me??  Whatever

Scumbag gets cut by Miami after getting arrested for drunk and disorderly conduct (again), so of course! We can get him for a bargain. I swear to god if we sign him... What a crock of shit Bang Head

Rinse and repeat.

Just keep doing the same things over and over and expect something different to happen some day. Shocked

MB needs to step aside so frickin' bad.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 02:26 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I can't help but wonder how many of those who are upset at the possibility of re-signing Maulugua are the same who are advocating Guenther or Hue as our next HC.

huge difference.  we already seen Mauluga fail repeatedly over n over n over again.  with a touch of arrest here n there. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 01:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: With 3 games left...that's more of a reason to sign a young guy off of a practice squad somewhere.

IF we were fighting for the playoffs, then we'd need a guy who knows the system.

What exactly are you expecting a rookie off a practice squad to show with less than 3 weeks to learn the defense. It would be disastrous no matter who it is. This is simply a get through the next 3 games. Plus, if we signed someone off someone else's practice squad, they have to be on the 53 man roster for at least 3 games... which means if Burfict or Vigil returned they would have to cut someone else.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 01:25 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: There are some fans on this board that support EVERY move the Bengals make. EVERY.

Just like there are other members who will rip every move they make. I try to be fair in my assessments....
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:34 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Just like there are other members who will rip every move they make. I try to be fair in my assessments....

The season is over and Rey does zilch for our future. Why not leave the (aged) bad seed on the street and try out a young guy? It's what other teams do when their season is over. Look to the future.

That's not a fair assessment?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The season is over and Rey does zilch for our future. Why not leave the (aged) bad seed on the street and try out a young guy? It's what other teams do when their season is over. Look to the future.

My thinking also. We have Brandon Bell and Carl Bradford on PS, that we should take a look at in game situations.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:47 PM)sandwedge Wrote: My thinking also. We have Brandon Bell and Carl Bradford on PS, that we should take a look at in game situations.

Throw in as many young guys as possible. Put Malone in for LaFell. Get the young corners major PT. Get Lawson more snaps. Willis. Pull up guys from the PS and get them on the field.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Throw in as many young guys as possible. Put Malone in for LaFell. Get the young corners major PT. Get Lawson more snaps. Willis. Pull up guys from the PS and get them on the field.

How bad would it look for the organization if a few of these PS guys came out and played like their hair was on fire? Brandon Bell the next Ray Lewis or Mike Singletary??
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: The season is over and Rey does zilch for our future. Why not leave the (aged) bad seed on the street and try out a young guy? It's what other teams do when their season is over. Look to the future.

Completely fair assessment.

We have seen what Rey can do first hand. It isn't much.

He can't even stop the run well anymore and that was all he ever brought to the table.
Reply/Quote
Bringing up someone from OUR practice squad I totally agree with. I was pointing out the problem with doing what some were suggesting and poaching someone else's practice squad. Do that and they are on the 53 for 3 weeks minimum, which means someone has to be cut when Burfict or Vigil return.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 12:18 PM)Wyche Wrote: As others have noted.....why not try to find a diamond in the rough from a PS and see if he brings anything to the table for next year?  The season is toast, who cares if we get burnt?  Maualuga can't cover the middle either, we KNOW this.  Factor in the baggage?  Clowns gon' clown.

Maybe the team has reached a co-op deal with some of the bars in Cincy, where the Bengals allow Maualuga to work a few weeks in exchange for paying off some of his bar tabs?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 01:12 PM)Sled21 Wrote: You guys can't see the forest through the hatred. There are 3 games left.... 3 meaningless games. Maualuga is a plug and play middle linebacker who knows this system like the back of his hand. It's a 3 game stopgap and he can be had cheap. Geeze....
When Rey M is the first choice, the barrel must be pretty empty. So sad to be a Bengals fan Sad Sad Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 06:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Maybe the team has reached a co-op deal with some of the bars in Cincy, where the Bengals allow Maualuga to work a few weeks in exchange for paying off some of his bar tabs?

LMAO....I think you may be on to something!!!!

In all seriousness....I'd rather bring back Chris Crocker....to play LB. Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Throw in as many young guys as possible. Put Malone in for LaFell. Get the young corners major PT. Get Lawson more snaps. Willis. Pull up guys from the PS and get them on the field.

This is what SHOULD be happening, but it won't because our current HC doesn't give a damn about the future of the Bengals.
Reply/Quote