Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rey Maulugua in town for a visit
(12-14-2017, 07:49 PM)PhilHos Wrote: This is what SHOULD be happening, but it won't because our current HC doesn't give a damn about the future of the Bengals.

Very true, which pretty much means there is no way he is coming back thank God. :andy:
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 11:09 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah I agree with you there.

When Shazier got hurt the Steelers added Sean Spence. Spence was a pretty good LB. There have to be others out there.

No he isn't.  He's been a second stringer his entire career.  He was one and done in Tennessee before signing in Indy.  He didn't make the final 53, but was brought back for 3 games early in the season before being released again.

He's in Pittsburgh for the exact same reason Rey came to town.  Injury.  He knows the playbook already, so he can be active immediately.  Pure stop gap measure.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Maualuga signed and play two games before being cut again.  If he isn't signed, I expect that is because there has been improvement in either Vigil or Burfict's condition.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Stop gap?

Eh.  Okey dokey.

Opening the door for his return?

No f^^king way !!

I think the real problem that most have is that the team can't just close the door and leaves a crack open for his return.

Stop wearing those damn old holey shoes and embrace some change for crap's sake.

I just feel bad for Bengal fans that don't realize our team is still a laughing stock...  just in a different way than the 90s!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 07:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: No he isn't.  He's been a second stringer his entire career.  He was one and done in Tennessee before signing in Indy.  He didn't make the final 53, but was brought back for 3 games early in the season before being released again.

He's in Pittsburgh for the exact same reason Rey came to town.  Injury.  He knows the playbook already, so he can be active immediately.  Pure stop gap measure.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Maualuga signed and play two games before being cut again.  If he isn't signed, I expect that is because there has been improvement in either Vigil or Burfict's condition.

I would rather bring up Brandon Bell from the Practice Squad then sign Maualuga back here.

I don't care if he knows the system, we are done, lets see what a young guy can do, we know what Rey brings to the table...

He is a block that cannot cover and has even fell off in being a block.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 08:13 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Stop gap?

Eh.  Okey dokey.

Opening the door for his return?

No f^^king way !!

I think the real problem that most have is that the team can't just close the door and leaves a crack open for his return.

Stop wearing those damn old holy shoes and embrace some change for crap's sake.

I just feel bad for Bengal fans that don't realize our team is still a laughing stock...  just in a different way than the 90s!!

Yeah, there needs to be change from the top down this Offseason. MB needs to step aside and let Katie take over.

Let Katie hire a GM that knows something about football and then get out of the way.
Reply/Quote
I called it the day he was cut lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
Pathetic !

Like many others have said why not grab a guy off a PS and see what he's got ? It's not like anything is on the line !

They're looking at Maualuga because they can sign him for a bag of chips and a bologna sandwich, typical Bengals move save money over trying to better the team.
Reply/Quote
Why sign a guy who's gonna get suspended for the last 3 games of the season?
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 08:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would rather bring up Brandon Bell from the Practice Squad then sign Maualuga back here.

I don't care if he knows the system, we are done, lets see what a young guy can do, we know what Rey brings to the table...

But you really can't have 3 rookies out there and expect it to work out for any of them.  For them to learn anything and grow as players, there needs to be at least one veteran out there to insure they are lined up correctly and to help keep them calm on the field.  Otherwise they are going to play out of position, failing to worry about their own assignments as they are run crazy trying to make a stop and make up for each others shortcomings.  That can shred confidence in young players.
Reply/Quote
He's got nothing better to do. Much to do about nothing. FAKE NEWS!!! lol
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 10:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Because there are 3 games left. Anyone else would need those three games to learn the defense. Rey knows it. Doesn't mean I'm happy about it....

Why do they need to learn the defense??? 

Oh that's right I forgot Marv said we have some really important games coming up!!
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 04:59 PM)sandwedge Wrote: How bad would it look for the organization if a few of these PS guys came out and played like their hair was on fire? Brandon Bell the next Ray Lewis or Mike Singletary??

Wouldn't entirely surprise me if that happened. 
Reply/Quote
Lulz... Rey Maulugua.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Maybe he learned some stuff in his 6 games in Miami that he couldn't learn in his 8 seasons here. I say that joking but after thinking about it........

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 06:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Bringing up someone from OUR practice squad I totally agree with. I was pointing out the problem with doing what some were suggesting and poaching someone else's practice squad. Do that and they are on the 53 for 3 weeks minimum, which means someone has to be cut when Burfict or Vigil return.

Not necessarily.....someone could end up on IR.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Maulaluga has moved on, we can all relax now...
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2017, 12:49 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Maulaluga has moved on, we can all relax now...

Good.
Reply/Quote
No..No..NOOOOOO!!!
Reply/Quote
They did the right thing and signed Bell of practice squad. This is me eating crow...
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2017, 08:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I would rather bring up Brandon Bell from the Practice Squad then sign Maualuga back here.

You and me both  Wink

I am glad they did the right thing. Is it going to be painful? Yup. But man it brings at least a little bit of excitement! Rey M is like  Yawn
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote