Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rick Perry challenges election of Texas A&M’s first gay student body president...
(03-26-2017, 11:54 AM)fredtoast Wrote:  Yes you were. Learn to read

Didn't see it, don't care now that I have.  Keep being obtuse about everything else though.  Lastly, welcome back.
(03-26-2017, 12:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: crybaby-glenn-beck-please-wont-someone-t...people.jpg]

Haven't got to use that one in awhile... Hilarious

I understand you don't care about racism when it's directed at certain groups.  What I don't understand is why you don't just admit it.
(03-26-2017, 12:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Didn't see it, don't care now that I have.  Keep being obtuse about everything else though.  Lastly, welcome back.

Careful...you almost admitted you were wrong there.  Wouldn't want to ruin that perfect reputation.   Ninja

(03-26-2017, 12:37 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I understand you don't care about racism when it's directed at certain groups.  What I don't understand is why you don't just admit it.

Aw....wrong.

"obtuse" indeed.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(03-26-2017, 12:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: Careful...you almost admitted you were wrong there.  Wouldn't want to ruin that perfect reputation.   Ninja 

Chortle.

Quote:Aw....wrong.

"obtuse" indeed.

We already know you don't see it.  Continuing to confirm that point serves no purpose.
(03-26-2017, 12:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Chortle.

I think it's funny too that you can't admit your were wrong so now you "don't care". Smirk

(03-26-2017, 12:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: We already know you don't see it.  Continuing to confirm that point serves no purpose.

I don't know who "we" are...but if it makes you feel better about yourself carry on!

Have a great day!

"obtuse" Hilarious
(03-26-2017, 01:34 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think it's funny too that you can't admit your were wrong so now you "don't care".  Smirk

Except I admitted I was wrong.

Obtuse. Cool
(03-26-2017, 01:44 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Except I admitted I was wrong.

Obtuse. Cool

Mellow

(03-26-2017, 12:36 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Didn't see it, don't care now that I have.  Keep being obtuse about everything else though.  Lastly, welcome back.

Almost. "I didn't see it so I wasn't wrong I just missed it and even though I was I wrong I don't care anyway so I was right in not answering."

"obtuse"

Hilarious
Dunpster fire.

Lock this shit down.
(03-26-2017, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunpster fire.

Lock this shit down.

You didn't answer my question Fred

Do either of the following statements point to the sender displaying signs of racism?

(5 hours ago)fredtoast Wrote: Wrote: It is just another straight white man crying and trying to pull his victim card with noi facts to back him up.
Banned Board Member Wrote: Wrote:It's just another unemployed black man crying and trying to pull his victim card with no facts to back him up.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(03-26-2017, 04:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Dunpster fire.

Lock this shit down.

Tempting but the insults and condescension just might approach a new high in lows. I'm willing to risk that for the moment. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Has anyone pointed out the outrage that would be coming from the left, and the SJW protestors converging on A&M....if the gay guy had been denied an election he won because he didn't expense a glow stick?!?

But, c'mon, you're running against a gay guy....a rainbow glo-stick is just bad ju-ju.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-26-2017, 07:06 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Has anyone pointed out the outrage that would be coming from the left, and the SJW protestors converging on A&M....if the gay guy had been denied an election he won because he didn't expense a glow stick?!?

But, c'mon, you're running against a gay guy....a rainbow glo-stick is just bad ju-ju.

I think it's a silly rule...but it's their rule.  

I stand by thought that Perry doesn't even understand the job he got appointed to and should REALLY focus on that rather than his alma mater's SGA rules.
(03-26-2017, 07:06 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Has anyone pointed out the outrage that would be coming from the left, and the SJW protestors converging on A&M....if the gay guy had been denied an election he won because he didn't expense a glow stick?!?

Of course there would be outrage and I have no doubt it would come from those condemning Perry for his thoughts on the matter

Perry asked the exact same question and I found it to be in poor taste. I think the results and the reason for DQ should stand on their own merit without having to employ the if the roles were reversed standard.

I do believe that this forum has proved my condemnation of Perry's words to be of poor judgement. As I think many are critical simply because he supports the straight, white, guy.

BTW Fred, you never answered the question. (Not that I am surprised). 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(03-26-2017, 07:28 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Perry asked the exact same question and I found it to be in poor taste. I think the results and the reason for DQ should stand on their own merit without having to employ the if the roles were reversed standard.

I completely agree.  The rule makes perfect sense, although the application in this case is very petty, which is exactly the sort of thing that would usually lead to raging cries of discrimination.  Except, in this case, the offender is a straight white male, so no one (save, inexplicably, Rick Perry) has a problem saying "rules are rules".

In fact, I propose the "straight white male" test.  Basically, before passing judgement, you decide how you would feel if the aggrieved were a straight white male.
--------------------------------------------------------

(03-26-2017, 07:44 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: I completely agree.  The rule makes perfect sense, although the application in this case is very petty, which is exactly the sort of thing that would usually lead to raging cries of discrimination.  Except, in this case, the offender is a straight white male, so no one (save, inexplicably, Rick Perry) has a problem saying "rules are rules".

In fact, I propose the "straight white male" test.  Basically, before passing judgement, you decide how you would feel if the aggrieved were a straight white male.

oh!  So the rules are rules...unless you want to play the "what if" game and pretend it would have been different if a group you don't like was on the other side.

What if both were straight and one was black?

What if one was a woman?!?!

The alternate earth scenarios are endless!

And in all of them Perry should have other things to worry about.
gee i step away for a weekend of gaming, and i come back and people are temp banned from this place...
People suck
(03-27-2017, 08:49 AM)Griever Wrote: gee i step away for a weekend of gaming, and i come back and people are temp banned from this place...

I was thinking the same thing. I don't really use a computer at home, so on the weekend I am just using my phone to periodically see what's going on. I don't do much of that, and so came in this morning and was a little surprised.

Well, not surprised. I can't really say that.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(03-27-2017, 08:49 AM)Griever Wrote: gee i step away for a weekend of gaming, and i come back and people are temp banned from this place...

Yeah no kidding.  Just me and you here now.  Whatcha wanna talk about?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Damn, massive PnR ban hammer 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(03-27-2017, 08:58 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Yeah no kidding.  Just me and you here now.  Whatcha wanna talk about?

sharks with laser beams on their frickin heads
People suck