Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bengals signing Dansby
(03-30-2016, 04:14 PM)Shady Wrote: Have you read or heard any of the phone interview the media did with him? 

He wanted to come here.  I'm glad he did. Not only because he wanted to, but why he wanted to. He thinks we have a ton of talent, enough to get a ring, he wants a ring. Let's hope he gets it.

Dude is really excited.

Check it out on bengals.com to whoever has not read it.

It ought to get any Bengal fan excited about this year. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Dude is really excited.

Check it out on bengals.com to whoever has not read it.

It ought to get any Bengal fan excited about this year. Rock On

He no longer has to live in Cleveland or play for the Browns. How could he NOT be happy?   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He no longer has to live in Cleveland or play for the Browns. How could he NOT be happy?   Ninja

Hilarious True, true
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 05:42 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: He no longer has to live in Cleveland or play for the Browns. How could he NOT be happy?   Ninja

Man, what a miserable city and team. Lebron must be a glutton for punishment.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 06:34 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Man, what a miserable city and team. Lebron must be a glutton for punishment.

Lebron is the King though and gets treated that way. He almost makes that city forget the Browns suck so bad. Almost.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
This is a good free agent signing. The Bengals on defense have been weakest at LB. With the excellent D Line Bengals have on the initial snap from center, our LBs should be more dominate than they have been. I was all for drafting a LB in round 1 until we lost our #2 and #3 Wrs early in free agency. Dansby helps and I still like getting Hawk last year. These are past Pro bowl players who have play-off win experience and still have some game. Hawk even has Super Bowl experience, which this team can use. Fans on here including me have wanted Dansby on the Bengals for some time, but we kept missing out or falling short of getting him. Better late than never. These are not building for the future signing, but winning it all in 2016 signings.

Bengals must be doing something right under Coach Lewis, because before Lewis it was well known that nobody wanted to come to Cincinnati, and the chances of Bengals signing good free agents was slim and none. This is not up for debate because it is just a fact. Before Coach Lewis, the Bengals had no chance of signing free agents worth anything. Nobody wanted to come to Cincy. ....but from the free agent signings the last few years, players are no longer dead set against playing for Bengals.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I just think that this gives the Bengals options on 3rd down packages.

Burfict and Dansby would both be excellent in coverage or blitzing in the Nickel, which is a very common package the Bengals employ.

Rey can work into that package as well, and Maualuga or Hawk are there to fill in on obvious running downs. This gives the Bengals OPTIONS and depth. Dansby doesn't have to come in and play every snap. He can come in and be a factor as needed. Perfect.

LB is now a strength for the Bengals and a DEEP position with play-making, tenacity, and experience. Hopefully this ends the 3rd and medium BS where the other team always wiggles a TE or RB loose for a 1st on a completed pass.
Reply/Quote
If his drop off from last year is minimal, good signing.

I'm not as optimistic as most of you. Signing an aging LB has not worked out for us in the recent past.

Reply/Quote
A lot seem to be thinking Dansby will fill in for Burfict during the suspension and then take on a different role. I'm seeing this differently.
I'm thinking the starters will be V Rey, Maualuga, and Dansby. Burfict comes back, V Rey gets bumped.
Reply/Quote

I live in Cleveland and I hate the sports fans up here. 
Heck there are just as many Steelers fans as there are Browns fans lol.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2016, 02:40 AM)magikod Wrote: I live in Cleveland and I hate the sports fans up here. 
Heck there are just as many Steelers fans as there are Browns fans lol.

A couple years ago, I was riding the ferry across the Ohio from NKY to PBS for CIN vs CLE game. The ferry was full and I ended up sitting at a table with a couple older CLE fans. One of them commenced to telling me how shitty Bengals fans were right to my face. I told him he had some balls to tell me that whilst riding to a Bengals game in a ferry full of Bengals fans, in the city of Cincinnati. His reply was, "well, they're much worse than us loyal Browns fans. Fickle as hell. Sore losers. Every one of ya."  I had to get up and walk away. LOL
Reply/Quote