Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riley Reiff
(04-17-2021, 09:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I fear Dickerson is going to be a Steeler and take over as another stud C for a decade since their last one retired

I hate the Steelers, probably because they usually do well in the trenches. When they dont, they are a worse team no matter who their skill players are. Their SB rings have all come when they dominated the trenches. I love Dickerson but worry about his injury a bit. He's dominant when healthy though big time. 

As far as Reiff goes, he's the only one on the OL that I really feel good about, and he's 33 years old lol. Williams has to show he can stay healthy and that has to start this year. We are so thin at OL its ridiculous. We have an aging Reiff, an injury prone Williams, 2 average G's, an average C coming off knee surgery and not much behind any of them outside of Price Johnson and Adeniji. On top of that the future of the franchise is at stake because if Burrow gets hurt again, we screwed big time. Thats an ugly scar on his knee. Will he even be 100% this year mentally and physically? Even before Burrow got hurt, he was taking way too many hits. This cant happen again, period. 

Not too mention we have a pro bowl caliber RB who gets hit in the backfield 95% of the time. Pollack is better than goofball Turner but no OL coach is a miracle worker. 

If we go OL in the first 3 rounds my feelings wont be hurt at all no matter how boring it may seem. Championships are won in the trenches, this is proven, and QB's as good as Burrow can make an average WR look better. Run the ball and dont look back. A really good run game helps the entire team, including the defense. It helps protect leads, QB's and controls the clock. That is really what we need is to become a dominant running team again. Imo all of those things are more important than anything else including having a Chase or Pitts. It sucks that we've wiffed on suring up the OL for so many years now. That has to stop this year somehow though. 
Reply/Quote