Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riley Reiff visiting PBS
(03-18-2021, 10:22 AM)Takedown Wrote: It shouldn't take OT off the board at 5. If anything you trade down and take the next best o-lineman and gain more picks. We can do that and still get a quality starting o-lineman.

Trade back to 8 and grab Slater to play guard and eventually take over at tackle would be a great situation. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: Trade back to 8 and grab Slater to play guard and eventually take over at tackle would be a great situation. 

I'm down with this. Pick up an extra 3rd and really beef up the o and d-line.
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:25 AM)Au165 Wrote: Trade back to 8 and grab Slater to play guard and eventually take over at tackle would be a great situation. 

Yes-

I would feel much better with something like Williams-Spain-Hop-Slater-Reiff, than anything we’ve put out there over the past few years.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:22 AM)Takedown Wrote: It shouldn't take OT off the board at 5. If anything you trade down and take the next best o-lineman and gain more picks. We can do that and still get a quality starting o-lineman.

If Bengals got Reiff and Golladay, I'd be drooling for Kyle Pitts.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If Bengals got Reiff and Golladay, I'd be drooling for Kyle Pitts.

Its very hard for me to not be pimping Pitts. I just want to solidify the line. Not sexy but neccessary...
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
I think the reason he is coming in is because this is going to be a difficult negotiation. Reiff didn't want to take another pay cut in Minnesota. I could be totally incorrect but I feel like he will be looking for LT money and I just don't see him signing for RT money and moving to RT. This negotiation effects Williams too. I like Reiff and would be happy if they signed him to play LT. Move Jonah to RT. Hart to RG where he might be a solid piece or cut depending on what else they can do.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:29 AM)Takedown Wrote: Its very hard for me to not be pimping Pitts. I just want to solidify the line. Not sexy but neccessary...

I agree, but a really good OG can be had in Rd 2. I'm not taking an OL at 5 (or even Top 10) and put him at OG unless that person was Quinton Nelson. And there are no DL worth it at 5 either, IMO.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:33 AM)SErebel11 Wrote: I think the reason he is coming in is because this is going to be a difficult negotiation. Reiff didn't want to take another pay cut in Minnesota. I could be totally incorrect but I feel like he will be looking for LT money and I just don't see him signing for RT money and moving to RT. This negotiation effects Williams too. I  like Reiff and would be happy if they signed him to play LT. Move Jonah to RT. Hart to RG where he might be a solid piece or cut depending on what else they can do.

I think he's coming in so the Bengals can get a feel for his health. I'd imagine he'd get a physical.

I read that Reiff played RT in Detroit and I believe Coach Taylor recently said that they see Jonah as the LT of the future so I think that's where they'd plan for him to play. And regarding Hart possibly playing Guard, I think he'd be cut if Reiff is signed. Too much $ and fan hatred that I see the team cutting bait. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:21 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I think he's coming in so the Bengals can get a feel for his health. I'd imagine he'd get a physical.

I read that Reiff played RT in Detroit and I believe Coach Taylor recently said that they see Jonah as the LT of the future so I think that's where they'd plan for him to play. And regarding Hart possibly playing Guard, I think he'd be cut if Reiff is signed. Too much $ and fan hatred that I see the team cutting bait. 

They aren’t cutting Hart. They like Hart. He (unfortunately) was one of the better lineman on this team last year and will be an improvement over the guards we have.

Hart seems like a team player, I think he would be ok moving to guard. Hoping that is the plan.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:26 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: They aren’t cutting Hart. They like Hart. He (unfortunately) was one of the better lineman on this team last year and will be an improvement over the guards we have.

Hart seems like a team player, I think he would be ok moving to guard. Hoping that is the plan.

I think you're wrong, but I guess we'll find out who's right. Want to bet one "rep" on it? If Reiff is signed, I bet Hart is cut before the draft.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:21 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I think he's coming in so the Bengals can get a feel for his health. I'd imagine he'd get a physical.

You may be correct but I can't see Reiff signing for RT money on what may be his last legit payday when he played well at LT last season and didn't want a pay cut even though his valuation matched the amount of money he was scheduled to make in 2021 (13M). There are several teams that could use Reiff at LT. As far as Hart goes, his salary would be in line with a starting G and given his run blocking prowess and ability to kick out to T if an injury occurred, I think they would keep him fan hatred aside. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:31 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I think you're wrong, but I guess we'll find out who's right. Want to bet one "rep" on it? If Reiff is signed, I bet Hart is cut before the draft.

Sure, I’ll take that bet. Tobin and staff have seemed to always believe in Hart and are fairly stubborn. I can’t see them admitting a mistake and cutting Hart.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:41 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Sure, I’ll take that bet. Tobin and staff have seemed to always believe in Hart and are fairly stubborn. I can’t see them admitting a mistake and cutting Hart.

I will never understand their love for Hart.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:44 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I will never understand their love for Hart.

They are trying to find   Earth wind fire and water to go with him...
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 10:28 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If Bengals got Reiff and Golladay, I'd be drooling for Kyle Pitts.

I would have to agree....
Look at what NE is doing....they pulled out thier old blue prints in what made them successful by adding 2 quality TEs , ala Gronk and Hernandez back in the day. We could roll out Pitts and either Uzi or Sampler and it wouldnt look too bad for Burrow . 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:44 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I will never understand their love for Hart.

I have never understood the extreme hatred for Hart.

He was garbage in 2018, but not that bad the last two years.

He is not even over paid very much.  PFF had him rated as the #40 OT last year and before free agency he was the 32nd highest paid OT.

I have no problem with an upgrade at RT, but it won't be as cheap or easy as most people here claim.  And if we do get an Upgrade at RT then we should move Hart inside to Guard where he would be much better than anyone else we have to play there.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never understood the extreme hatred for Hart.

He was garbage in 2018, but not that bad the last two years.

He is not even over paid very much.  PFF had him rated as the #40 OT last year and before free agency he was the 32nd highest paid OT.

Being an RT around here is tough. Andre got fat shamed and Hart is hated for being average. Not sure when this trend started but I don’t see it going away anytime soon.
Reply/Quote
If they start MJ and Shart next season the bengals have failed Joe burrow.
Reply/Quote

Pitts at #5 then Dillon Radunz at #38 to play guard then take over at tackle... 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:41 PM)Synric Wrote: Pitts at #5 then Dillon Radunz at #38 to play guard then tackle over at tackle... 

I'd be okay with this, but I like the trade back to double up in the 2nd or 3rd round and be able to get pass rush of the future along with another piece. 
Reply/Quote