Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Riley Reiff visiting PBS
If he passes physical he will be a Bengal before weekend is over. Which frees up draft trade back draft and take Wyatt kid from ohio state in 2nd round first round could be used on other positions of need. Carolina is in 8th spot and would love a crack at a quarterback.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have never understood the extreme hatred for Hart.

He was garbage in 2018, but not that bad the last two years.

If I remember correctly, and I'm sure you'll let me know if I'm wrong. Hart has never been solid. He starts out the season like total crap and gets better as the year progresses. He was weak in the first half of the season for the last 2 years. But even when he starts getting it together, he seems so damn clueless at times.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 11:21 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: I think he's coming in so the Bengals can get a feel for his health. I'd imagine he'd get a physical.

I read that Reiff played RT in Detroit and I believe Coach Taylor recently said that they see Jonah as the LT of the future so I think that's where they'd plan for him to play. And regarding Hart possibly playing Guard, I think he'd be cut if Reiff is signed. Too much $ and fan hatred that I see the team cutting bait. 

Reiff's rookie year was 2012 after being selected in the 1st rd 23rd overall. He rotated in the OL throughout the season and had a limited role his rookie year. In 2013 Jeff Backus retired and Reiff stepped in as their starting LT.

So he might have played sparingly at RT in his limited time in 2012, but other then that he has played LT.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: If I remember correctly, and I'm sure you'll let me know if I'm wrong. Hart has never been solid. He starts out the season like total crap and gets better as the year progresses. He was weak in the first half of the season for the last 2 years. But even when he starts getting it together, he seems so damn clueless at times.
He has improved each year since 2018 

only 3 penalties last year and 2.5 sacks allowed...   (which given some of the Defenses we played isnt horrible.)

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=28614

But if we find another RT then maybe sliding bobby inside will be an option
Reply/Quote
Riley Reiff would be a great addition to the offensive line room for Cincinnati. He excels at both run blocking and pass blocking and he's never been coached by Paul Alexander or Jim Turner. Don't forget he played at the University of Iowa which turns out lots of good offensive linemen.

As Captain Jean-Luc Picard would say, "Make it so!"
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:53 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: Reiff's rookie year was 2012 after being selected in the 1st rd 23rd overall. He rotated in the OL throughout the season and had a limited role his rookie year. In 2013 Jeff Backus retired and Reiff stepped in as their starting LT.

So he might have played sparingly at RT in his limited time in 2012, but other then that he has played LT.

He started 14 games at RT his last year in Detroit. I think in 2016. Its on his profootball reference page. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:56 PM)Schmitbuck Wrote: He started 14 games at RT his last year in Detroit. I think in 2016. Its on his profootball reference page. 

You know what that might have been Taylor Deckers rookie year? and he moved to RT that season and the left because he didnt want to play RT. I forgot about that.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:01 PM)Fulcher_33 Wrote: You know what that might have been Taylor Deckers rookie year? and he moved to RT that season and the left because he didnt want to play RT. I forgot about that.

That'd make sense and I'm not sure of the reason. Reiff at LT or RT, I'm on board.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 12:55 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: He has improved each year since 2018 

only 3 penalties last year and 2.5 sacks allowed...   (which given some of the Defenses we played isnt horrible.)

http://stats.washingtonpost.com/fb/playerstats.asp?id=28614

But if we find another RT  then maybe sliding bobby inside will be an option

3 penalties and 2.5 sacks isn't horrible. But how many QB hits and rushes did he allow?

Reply/Quote
If they sign this dude, I'd still take Sewell if he's there. Now you don't have to rush Sewell up to NFL speed. I'm not saying sit him behind a starter to learn for a year, but the guy hasn't played football in awhile. He's gonna take some time to get back up to speed, and then some because the NFL is a much different beast than college ball. He's still a kid, learning the ins and outs of being a pro from a worker like Reiff could do wonders for a young kid with such high expectations.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 01:31 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: 3 penalties and 2.5 sacks isn't horrible. But how many QB hits and rushes did he allow?

Cant say just like cant say how many pressures were the result of the QB holding the ball to long.

at least i am not sure where to find such stats.
Reply/Quote
Our biggest weakness was clearly both OG spots last year. We all know Bobby Fart was overpaid, but he did play decent last year, especially once Turner figured out that Fred Johnson isnt an OG, Price isnt an OG, and Jordan is a terrible OG. When we started having Spain and or XSF on the field, things improve a lot across the board. Even Redmond provided more stability on the OL than we had when we were trying out everyone else at OG. Turner gets the blame for this, imo. He shouldve been a good enough coach to realize Fred and Billy weren't OG's at all, and Jordan was terrible at it.
Reply/Quote
Bobby hart is a bad starting right tackle in this league. End of discussion. Next.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 02:11 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Bobby hart is a bad starting right tackle in this league. End of discussion. Next.

[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 02:08 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Cant say just like cant say how many pressures were the result of the QB holding the ball to long.

at least i am not sure where to find such stats.

PFF credited him with over 40+ pressures which was 4th worst in the NFL. He graded out well as a run blocker but those numbers were inflated by the fact they ran a ton of inside zone.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
If you watched Hart and did not rely on PFF nonsense you could see the issue - poor lateral movement. He was okay when dealing with a bull rush or run blocking but edge moves made him look terrible. That was why later in the season they finally resorted to giving him inline TE or RB on most passing plays. This is also why the scouting reports on him all projected him as a Guard - and I agree. Put him inside and the lateral problem is nullified.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 02:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: If you watched Hart and did not rely on PFF nonsense you could see the issue - poor lateral movement. He was okay when dealing with a bull rush or run blocking but edge moves made him look terrible. That was why later in the season they finally resorted to giving him inline TE or RB on most passing plays. This is also why the scouting reports on him all projected him as a Guard - and I agree. Put him inside and the lateral problem is nullified.

He also has balance issues and playing upright which would be compounded inside where DT have more natural leverage. Also if they start running wide zone then it will be a lateral based running scheme making his move skills lack of balance even worse.

I would rather they walk away from Bobby Hart save his cap space apply it to Reiff's deal and bring in some competition inside from mid level FAs and the Draft. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2021, 02:46 PM)Joelist Wrote: That was why later in the season they finally resorted to giving him inline TE or RB on most passing plays.

I have seen you make this same claim a thousand times, but you have never been able to back it up.
Reply/Quote
Could we afford to sign galloday reiff and Trae turner in!?!?
Reply/Quote
Ahhh, this is what I was hoping to see today. Sign the man and another Guard please and I will be stoked once again. Rock On
Reply/Quote