Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Ring of Honor Ceremony
Here’s the ceremony for those that haven’t seen it yet.

https://youtu.be/1jm8IoBSj1g

I really love the jackets. Apparently they even match the pattern of Paul Brown’s fedora. Nice touch.

[Image: 6957wi2oovq71.png?width=1049&format=png&...ed973d5b0b]

I respect the hell out of the old timers, but I can’t wait to see some of the guys I actually watched like Chad and Big Willie get their day.

[Image: FAoHmbIVEAYyzaZ?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Nice. Thanks for posting that.
Reply/Quote
Thanks so much for sharing the link. I was bummed that I didn't get to see it.
Reply/Quote
Awesome. Thanks for posting.
Reply/Quote
The ring of honor ceremony was awesome. I watched up close in person and it was great to honor those guys. This has been long overdue. Times are a changin' for the Bengals, and it's good to see. The Ring Of Honor is a great move and it was amazing to see those guys standing on the field.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2021, 10:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Here’s the ceremony for those that haven’t seen it yet.

https://youtu.be/1jm8IoBSj1g

I really love the jackets. Apparently they even match the pattern of Paul Brown’s fedora. Nice touch.

I respect the hell out of the old timers, but I can’t wait to see some of the guys I actually watched like Chad and Big Willie get their day.

I think they'll get their due, starting this next round.

If they induct 2 people, it'll be Boomer and Willie/Chad.

If another 4, the above 3 and probably someone like Montoya, Parrish or Brooks/Dillon.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
I'm going to be really pissed if the HOF does to Anderson what it did to Riley and not induct him until after he's dead. (not that they have inducted Riley yet)
Reply/Quote
Would a player like Ickey Woods make it into the ROH?

He's definitely an iconic character in Bengals history.

[Image: 32c679ac5f37e443cfaa29ed3c2e4361.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Think they should do 4 or even 6 inductees.
So many great players that has played
For this franchise. I would like to see
A couple statues outside PBS. Paul Brown
And Ken Anderson would be ideal
Reply/Quote
I'd kinda like guys to be inducted individually from this point out. Make it their night/ day, and a lil more special.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 10:10 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Would a player like Ickey Woods make it into the ROH?

I think some kind of honor for him would be great at some point. Would be hilarious to induct him via inducting the ickey shuffle itself into the RoH
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 10:10 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Would a player like Ickey Woods make it into the ROH?

But he only played a handful of years, and only one of them was really any good at all. He just invented an incredibly corny, yet beautiful dance, and became a sensation.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Ken needs to wear that jacket inside-out.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I would still prefer the older guys get in first. I'm not going to go thru the list of possibles. But I think it's important to note, Ken Riley is gone, hence wasn't there. What a day that could have been for him, an opportunity lost, for both him and the fans. Even though his son was there, Ken wasn't.
Reply/Quote
That was beautiful and all four inductees were most deserving. As for the Ring of Honor itself I want to officially welcome the Cincinnati Bengals to the 1970s.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 11:17 AM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: But he only played a handful of years, and only one of them was really any good at all. He just invented an incredibly corny, yet beautiful dance, and became a sensation.

I agree....but if he hadn't blown out the knee, he probably would've had several good years. He was a pretty good player.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Okay, is it just me or does Paul Brown's jacket look like it was stuffed in there by one of the great-grandchildren?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 12:48 PM)kdgjr Wrote: Okay, is it just me or does Paul Brown's jacket look like it was stuffed in there by one of the great-grandchildren?

LOL, I was at the game and noticed the same thing.  It looked like a really bad job of a funeral home preparing a body for open casket viewing.

But I loved the family being down there.  The young Blackburn girl is a class act.  You could tell she really cared for the older players when she hugged them.  She transcends the boundaries the family has operated within for so long.

And you have to admire the old guards openness to her input.
Reply/Quote
Well if the criteria is iconic does that’s mean we might have Sean Brewer inducted?
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2021, 11:36 AM)Goalpost Wrote: I would still prefer the older guys get in first.  I'm not going to go thru the list of possibles.  But I think it's important to note, Ken Riley is gone, hence wasn't there.  What a day that could have been for him, an opportunity lost, for both him and the fans.  Even though his son was there, Ken wasn't.

A thousand times this.  I would have loved to watch Ken R walk out onto the field and get the acknowledgement he so deserved from us, especially given the ongoing slight he's gotten from the idiot HOF selectors.

(10-02-2021, 11:51 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: That was beautiful and all four inductees were most deserving.  As for the Ring of Honor itself I want to officially welcome the Cincinnati Bengals to the 1970s.

[Image: 48b9343a399651ebea6f29977c06695a.jpg]

Smirk
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote