Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ring of Honor nominees
https://www.bengals.com/team/ring-of-honor/nominees

Let the debate begin!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 11:18 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/team/ring-of-honor/nominees

Let the debate begin!

any word on how many will get in year 1?
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 11:21 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: any word on how many will get in year 1?

I think four total, but this might include Brown and Munoz as automatic inductees since they are in the HoF. I think out of the 15+ players, two get in?
Reply/Quote
Ken Riley and Chad if only two more are going in this year.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Ken Anderson has to be one of them. I think he should be next in line and will be voted in.

I think Chad might win the vote (and he’s deserving of it) but it would be better to see some older guys like Riley get voted in first.
Reply/Quote
Ken Riley / Ken Anderson for year 1 if only 2 more go

bob Trumpy / Jim Breech if 4 more go
Reply/Quote
Ken Riley and Bob Trumpy

Next Year:
Ken Anderson, Willie Anderson, Chad Johnson, Tim Krumrie

EDIT: Maybe swap Bob Trumpy and Ken Anderson? I'd be fine with either.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm pulling for Ken Riley and Chad Johnson.
Reply/Quote
The Kens to go with Munoz and PB.

Next set of four, I would say, would be Chad, Willie, Dillon, and...Trumpy?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ken and Kenny this year. Next year Big Willie, Chad, Breecher and Krumrie.
Reply/Quote
Ike Curtis and Riley for me.
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 11:18 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: https://www.bengals.com/team/ring-of-honor/nominees

Let the debate begin!

No debate

Ken Anderson
Ken Riley

Those two first nothing less!!!
Reply/Quote
Ken Anderson should absolutely be in the Hall of Fame and 100% in the ring.

Riley had longevity going for him but while Lemar Parrish was here, he was the #1 pro bowl corner each year (6 in 8 seasons) and the better corner. Had he stayed and played a little longer he would have been a hall of fame candidate, so it brings Riley down for me a little. He still deserves to be in our ring though just for be solid for so long.

But i have to go with Isaac Curtis who should be in the Hall of Fame as well and was one of the NFL's elite receivers that changed the game. They literally had to change pass coverage rules because everyone just held him since they couldn't cover him. If Stallworth and Swann are in he should be. Also, he had the coolest TD celebration with the over the shoulder spike that every kid emulated growing up.

The Isaac Curtis rule
"The Isaac Curtis rule" should not be confused with the "Mel Blount rule", which was a stricter revision of "The Isaac Curtis Rule". Because Isaac Curtis had world-class speed, there were not defensive backs who could keep up with him and all teams would double and sometimes even triple cover him. In 1973 in his first year, the Bengals won the Central Division and faced the eventual Super Bowl Champions, the Miami Dolphins. Don Shula's defensive backs did not have the speed to cover Curtis and Shula decided that he would have them push, bump, and hold him down the field. After that game, NFL defenses, including the Steelers, started doing the same thing to stop Curtis. Paul Brown wanted the rule changed, telling the NFL Competition Committee, "What good is it for us to have performers, if they aren't allowed to perform."

"The Isaac Curtis Rule" states that a defender is allowed to block a receiver within five yards of the line of scrimmage. After the initial yards, any contact will be considered holding, which is a five-yard penalty and an automatic first down.

"He changed the game," said former Bengals teammate and wide receiver Cris Collinsworth. "There's no question because no one could keep up with him. They put in the five-yard bump rules and all that crazy stuff that it all eventually became".
Reply/Quote
I would like to hear why some of you would not put Ken Anderson in first. Not trying to be a jerk but I just don’t see how you can’t include him (MVP/SB QB/best QB in Bengals history).

Also I see no love for Boomer. He was our other MVP/SB QB so I think he should get the honor in ‘22 or ‘23 for sure. He should get in before Breech (I would not put any kickers in but that me just my bias against them not being true football players)
Reply/Quote
4 get inducted this year, but two of those spots are already spoken for (Paul Brown & Munoz), so 2 of these 17 get in.

Not real difficult for me: Ken Anderson & Ken Riley.

Next batch will be trickier: Parrish, Curtis, Boomer, Willie, Chad, Krumrie, & Montoya + others all have good cases. Not to mention some guys not on the list (Geno, Whit, AJ).
Reply/Quote
The Bengals need to be lobbying for the two Kens to get into the NFL HOF.

They need to be the first two to join Paul Brown and Munoz.
Reply/Quote
Slam Dunk I will be voting for Anderson and Riley
Reply/Quote
(05-06-2021, 01:27 PM)bengals67 Wrote: The Bengals need to be lobbying for the two Kens to get into the NFL HOF.

They need to be the first two to join Paul Brown and Munoz.

Yeah... I guess when you put it that way, I'm dropping Chad for Ken Anderson.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Ken and Ken, no doubt.
Reply/Quote
Paul Brown and Anthony Munoz would have been voted in if they had not been selected.

It is a good list to choose from but the vote should be the Kens.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote