Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roseanne canceled by ABC
(05-31-2018, 01:48 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1. The difference is insulting an entire race instead of insulting an individual.

2. One is supporting a racial stereotype while the other is a personal insult against a person who brags about how he can insult other people?

3. How the hell can Trump demand an apology after he has done nothing but sling personal insults at everyone who has ever disagreed with him?

4. And how the hell can YOU think he should be entitled to an apology before he apologizes to everyone who he has insulted?

5, Poor widdle Trump.  Why is everyone picking on him?  It is so MEAN to make personal insults, right?

1. I suppose only if the entire race is insulted. Leave it to a middle-aged white man to make that determination.

2. If I say Trump has small hands am I supporting a racial stereotype? I don't really think you had a question here, most likely just used to ending all you sentences like that.

3. I'm not sure he demanded one, didn't he just ask where his was?

4. I'm quite sure I have not said he's entitled to an apology

5. So Fred of you. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-31-2018, 01:52 PM)Griever Wrote: well, snowflakes gotta stick together

So Griever of you. 

(05-31-2018, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  This is simply to draw correlation that someone NOT caught up in race could easily view it a simply a slur on the physical appearance.

The only people "not caught up in race" are white people with their heads buried in the sand.  Black people HAVE to be caught up in race because racism still exists at many levels all around them.

That is like saying a person "not caught up in pedophilia" could easily view a stranger offering candy to children to get them in his van to be just a nice guy who wants to give them a ride around town.
(05-31-2018, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: She didn't "call Trump out on his white supremacists tendencies". She called him a White Supremacist. How's about Sykes calling him an orangutan? And yes, folks continually getting hung up in racial stereotypes is difficult for me to understand. 

We have 0 idea of Rosanne's inner thoughts. maybe she just said it because VJ's appearance reminded her of a character she had seen in a movies**. 

**DISCLAIMER: This is in no way defending Rosanne's comments, bfine admitting to being a racist, or think all black people look like apes. This is simply to draw correlation that someone NOT caught up in race could easily view it a simply a slur on the physical appearance.

But calling black people apes is a well-known racial slur racists use. One has to be quite ignorant to not be aware of that. So if she didn't mean it in a racist way, she has to be astonishingly ignorant.

I'm not claiming calling Trump an orang-utan is perfectly fair, but this is clearly not racist in the same sense, as it's not a well-known racial slur to call white people orangutans.
(05-31-2018, 01:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Ask the people at Chimpout.com.  Thy will be GLAD to explain it to you.

You seem to be well aware of this site and its content. As for me; I'm quite sure they'll never get a visit from bfine. 

(05-31-2018, 01:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The only people "not caught up in race" are white people with their heads buried in the sand.  Black people HAVE to be caught up in race because racism still exists at many levels all around them.

That is like saying a person "not caught up in pedophilia" could easily view a stranger offering candy to children to get them in his van to be just a nice guy who wants to give them a ride around town.

That first part looks a lot like a racial stereotype. But I'll let my friends know that they HAVE to be caught up in race

The second part makes zero sense

(05-31-2018, 01:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: 1. I suppose only if the entire race is insulted. Leave it to a middle-aged white man to make that determination.

Right, because I an the ONLY person who said these comments were offensive to black people.

Want to make a bet?

For every link you can provide from a black person who says these comments were not racially offensive I will post ten that say it is.

Deal?
(05-31-2018, 01:57 PM)hollodero Wrote: But calling black people apes is a well-known racial slur racists use. One has to be quite ignorant to not be aware of that. So if she didn't mean it in a racist way, she has to be astonishingly ignorant.

I'm not claiming calling Trump an orang-utan is perfectly fair, but this is clearly not racist in the same sense, as it's not a well-known racial slur to call white people orangutans.

I would have little trouble believing that Rosanne is astonishingly ignorant.

Once again this all started when someone asked has comments been made of Trump that are "on par" with those made by Rosanne. I provided examples of Comments I consider to be on par, but you and other disagree because RACIST!!

(05-31-2018, 02:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That first part looks a lot like a racial stereotype. But I'll let my friends know that they HAVE to be caught up in race

The second part makes zero sense

1.  It is not a racial stereotype because it does not apply to all white people.

2.  The second part makes perfect sense.  Black people can not deny racism exist anymore than parents of small children can deny that pedophilia exist.  Sticking you head in the sand and saying "it's not real" does not make it go way.
(05-31-2018, 02:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I provided examples of Comments I consider to be on par, but you and other disagree because RACIST!!

Thank god you finally understand the difference between a racist comment and a personal insult.

I thought you were never going to get it.

And even though you claim you are not defending Rosanne you actually are.  You are trying to claim that she is not a racist.  
(05-31-2018, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Right, because I an the ONLY person who said these comments were offensive to black people.

Want to make a bet?

For every link you can provide from a black person who says these comments were not racially offensive I will post ten that say it is.

Deal?

Nah, nor are you the ONLY middle aged white many that said these comments were insulting an entire race

I have no doubt a large population of the African American population were insulted with the comments.

Seems you are mistaking me with someone defending the comments. I'm simply asserting comments by ABC employees (Jamele Hill, Wanda Sykes, and Jimmy Kimmel a few) have been made about Trump that are on par with the comments Rosanne made. I suppose there is something in me that doesn't give added merit to a slur based on who it was made about. Now comments that directly name an entire race is a totally different matter. 

But I try not to keep caught up in race. I'd like to see us one day evolve as a society and perhaps one day a slur about an individual can be considered a slur about that individual and not an entire race. 

(05-31-2018, 02:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would have little trouble believing that Rosanne is astonishingly ignorant.

Once again this all started when someone asked has comments been made of Trump that are "on par" with those made by Rosanne. I provided examples of Comments I consider to be on par, but you and other disagree because RACIST!!

Well, racist or astonishingly ignorant, in a best-case scenario. I admit it might be the latter, but that wouldn't make things substantially better. Ignorance is not really an excuse.

And while I'm not in favor of calling all kinds of things racist, and I agree that it goes too far sometimes, in this specific case I think it's quite justified to call racial slurs racial slurs and not make excuses for them. I don't think critizism of Trump is "on par" with these racial slurs, but ok that's just one man's opinion. Doesn't mean all things thrown at Trump or his family are fine, as example I don't think it's ok to call Ivanka a feckless c*** like this Samantha B. did. I guess almost everyone would call that "sexist" too and only a few would go for the ignorance excuse.
(05-31-2018, 02:08 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Thank god you finally understand the difference between a racist comment and a personal insult.

I thought you were never going to get it.

And even though you claim you are not defending Rosanne you actually are.  You are trying to claim that she is not a racist.  

Please point out where I have said Rosanne is not a racist. 

(05-31-2018, 02:13 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Please point out where I have said Rosanne is not a racist. 

You have repeatedly claimed that her comments were not racially offensive.

Instead you blame everyone else for trying to portray her as a racists.  
(05-31-2018, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You have repeatedly claimed that her comments were not racially offensive.

Instead you blame everyone else for trying to portray her as a racists.  

As I thought you could not find where I asserted Rosanne was not a racist, You have this habit of making things up. I'm not sure if it is on purpose or a legitimate cognitive issue.

I have blamed no one for portraying her as a racist.........there you go again. 

(05-31-2018, 02:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  I'm simply asserting comments by ABC employees (Jamele Hill, Wanda Sykes, and Jimmy Kimmel a few) have been made about Trump that are on par with the comments Rosanne made.

Now comments that directly name an entire race is a totally different matter. 

Okay then, are you saying that the comments made by Rosanne did not insult an entire race or are you saying that some of the comments about Trump insulted an entire race.

One of those has to be true if you think the comments are "on par" with each other.
(05-31-2018, 02:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As I thought you could not find where I asserted Rosanne was not a racist, You have this habit of making things up. I'm not sure if it is on purpose or a legitimate cognitive issue.

I have blamed no one for portraying her as a racist.........there you go again. 

Yes you have.  You have blamed the people who are "caught up in racism"

(05-31-2018, 01:43 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We have 0 idea of Rosanne's inner thoughts. maybe she just said it because VJ's appearance reminded her of a character she had seen in a movies**. 

This is simply to draw correlation that someone NOT caught up in race could easily view it a simply a slur on the physical appearance.

And since YOU are not caught up with race you could easily view it as being non-racist.
(05-31-2018, 02:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Okay then, are you saying that the comments made by Rosanne did not insult an entire race or are you saying that some of the comments about Trump insulted an entire race.

One of those has to be true if you think the comments are "on par" with each other.

I'm not sure if an entire race was insulted by her comments or not. I will ask around. If you call Trump. "Hitler" are you insulting an entire religion, people, and Nation by trivializing what happened to their ancestors? 

And neither has to be true for the comments to be on par. Perhaps Matt meant racist instead of on par and sent a memo out to everyone but me

(05-31-2018, 01:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: People always say Bush 43 looked like a chimp.  I get the difference, but if we are going to say that saying one race looks like something is racist because of its history, maybe we should refrain from calling people outside that race the same thing.  

I agree that we should stop comparing humans to animals in an insulting manner as a general practice.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(05-31-2018, 02:31 PM)bfine32 Wrote: And neither has to be true for the comments to be on par. Perhaps Matt meant racist instead of on par and sent a memo out to everyone but me

Nothing to do with Matt.  That is why I quoted you.

(05-31-2018, 02:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote:  Now comments that directly name an entire race is a totally different matter. 

So they are both "on par" and "a totally different matter"?