Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross didn't seem to be able to get seperation out there to me
(11-12-2017, 08:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So you think the shoulder surgery prevented him from running on his own?

The knee injury happened after the Texans Game.

Plus, he's allowed to learn the playbook and receive coaching.

It's called football shape Holmes. There is a difference between being in football shape and regular shape. Also there is more to it than knowing the "playbook'  he has to know what Andy wants and he can only do that with reps which he hasn't had many of yet.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:01 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: He hasn't been able to practice since he has been drafted until recently. He has to be given time to be ready I don't get why people can't see this. It's not an overnight thing either for a WR.

Because some people have never played competitive sports before at a higher then grade school level. If you've never been in really good shape before you don't realize how quickly you lose it and how long it can take to get back to that level. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:17 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Well, hopefully a few more "overnights" and he'll learn not to stop on his one route that was called for him.  Or was that because he's not in football shape yet?  Or something else?

Bust.
The guy who has played like 10 snaps is a bust? Rolleyes
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:51 PM)treee Wrote: The guy who has played like 10 snaps is a bust? Rolleyes

At least it's so outrageous it can make you laugh. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:54 PM)Sweetness Wrote: At least it's so outrageous it can make you laugh. 

You'e right.  End of week 10.  

Season totals:

0 catches.
0 yards.

Yes, it's absolutely outrageous.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:04 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: You'e right.  End of week 10.  

Season totals:

0 catches.
0 yards.

10 snaps into his rookie season. Yes, it's absolutely outrageous to already call him a bust.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:04 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: You'e right.  End of week 10.  

Season totals:

0 catches.
0 yards.

Okay, let's play the non contextualized statistics game. John Ross has zero drops, the least of any wide receiver ever. Greatest of all time, obviously.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:54 PM)Sweetness Wrote: At least it's so outrageous it can make you laugh. 

It's almost as outrageous and thinking that playing Ross is such a surefire win that Mavin Lewis would put his career at risk to keep him on the bench.

I know Marvin Lewis is a dumbbum and he's in charge but it's Ross' job to be so damn good that Marvin can't NOT put him in the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 08:39 PM)Sweetness Wrote: Because some people have never played competitive sports before at a higher then grade school level. If you've never been in really good shape before you don't realize how quickly you lose it and how long it can take to get back to that level. 

Rationalize. Just like people said Ced hurt his ACL so he needed a year. Then in Year 2...oh - he had an injury last year. Now in year 3...Oh he was hurt year 1.

Ross has been practicing. He should be performing better than he is. Bottom line.

No way should he have 0 catches on the season. A lot of this is on Ross to step up.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 09:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's almost as outrageous and thinking that playing Ross is such a surefire win that Mavin Lewis would put his career at risk to keep him on the bench.

I know Marvin Lewis is a dumbbum and he's in charge but it's Ross' job to be so damn good that Marvin can't NOT put him in the game.

Agreed. I wouldn't call Ross a bust. It's too early for that.

But the excuse that he's only played 10 snaps all year...kind of makes the case that he's way underperformed as he can't see the field.

The Bengals are playing undrafted free agents more than him. Malone who is also a rookie has played more. Core.

The bottom line is if he was a good player right now...he'd be seeing more snaps. He's not.

Maybe he will develop over time.
Reply/Quote
I’m amazed there are still so many holdouts.

It was a wasted pick. He’s maybe a guy that’ll play up to 3rd, maybe 4th round value, if we’re lucky.

Terrible pick and most of us knew it at the time. What we should have done with the pick..well, opinions are myriad. But there should be no doubt at this point we shouldn’t have done what we did.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
I bet there is a parallel dimension where the Steelers drafted Ross in the 1st round and we are laughing at them for getting 8 games in and 0 catches from a guy who can't or won't make his way into the gameplan. Or maybe we're keeping ourselves up at night praying that Tomlin continues to refuse to give the kid a chance because as soon as the Steelers put a guy with 0 catches out there the jig is up and they're gonna kill us.
Reply/Quote
That's funny ,because even though he only got targeted once,just him being a decoy in there the offense did better in the first half. The second half they didn't play him at all and they were horrible. I'd like to see if he was held on that long ball also.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:13 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: That's funny ,because even though he only got targeted once,just him being a decoy in there the offense did better in the first half. The second half they didn't play him at all and they were horrible. I'd like to see if he was held on that long ball also.

The Bengals have been turning to crap in the 2nd half for the past 14 years.
Reply/Quote
Ross says he messed up and stopped in the middle of his route, then tried to start again. Not only is he out of shape, He doesn't know what he's doing.....
Reply/Quote
Any Ross bashing right now is unreasonable? We have to let the kid learn at the NFL level. Let him play and learn.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:21 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Any Ross bashing right now is unreasonable ? We have to let the kid learn at the NFL level. Let him play and learn.

Hopefully next week Ross makes the kind of play that proves Marvin Lewis is a total moron for doubting him.  "Just letting the kid play" is a little too little league mantra for my tastes, though.
Reply/Quote
Perhaps I shouldn't have called him a bust. I think he was just a really bad pick because after 2016, we really needed a player who would be able to contribute early on. This won't be the guy. Marvin won't let him and frankly, I don't blame him.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:25 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Hopefully next week Ross makes the kind of play that proves Marvin Lewis is a total moron for doubting him.  "Just letting the kid play" is a little too little league mantra for my tastes, though.

Totally get where you’re coming from. However, Marvin has ruined several careers here. Probably more than a Hansel & Gretal story. Good Lord! He is the worst, despicable coach in existence.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 10:09 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I bet there is a parallel dimension where the Steelers drafted Ross in the 1st round and we are laughing at them for getting 8 games in and 0 catches from a guy who can't or won't make his way into the gameplan.  Or maybe we're keeping ourselves up at night praying that Tomlin continues to refuse to give the kid a chance because as soon as the Steelers put a guy with 0 catches out there the jig is up and they're gonna kill us.

There's a parallel universe out there where the Steelers are a doormat and the Bengals are a 20 year dynasty and i'm super pissed at the alt-verse me that gets to enjoy that. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote