Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross didn't seem to be able to get seperation out there to me
(11-13-2017, 12:58 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Marvin has repeatedly said that Ross needs more practice.  I think that means he's not only making mistakes in the game (when he's there), but also in practice too.  I believe that's Marvin's way of saying he doesn't understand what he's doing out there yet.

Until he proves it in practice, he won't play much.  Or at least while Lewis is still here.

And what happened yesterday when Ross got in??? He screwed up and stopped in the middle of his route. This is not some Mervin conspiracy to keep him off the field, he isn't ready physically nor mentally.... as much as I'd like to blame Marvin, it's Ross's fault he's not there yet....
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 12:03 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...at 3-6 with the last ranked offense in the NFL there is no luxury to redshirt a guy for a season.

There is if hes not ***** ready to play yet....

Also his post was referencing historically not just ross...  This season we are having issues... But WR we have plenty of guys to send out there before Ross if its not 100%
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 01:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: There is if hes not ***** ready to play yet....

Also his post was referencing historically not just ross...  This season we are having issues... But WR we have plenty of guys to send out there before Ross if its not 100%

He's not ready to play because of an injury? Then don't activate him.

He's active so he's ready to play. If what you are saying is the case, then having him out there for 6 plays is negligent.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely no reason why John Ross shouldn't at least be returning kicks. He was an elite return man in college and cant even get on the field for that. Alex Erickson has already muffed 3 punts and is looking like a slow mo. Ran 2 end arounds with Erickson and he was too slow to beat the defender to the outside. Those are plays that should be going to Ross.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 02:34 PM)Jhowdy54 Wrote: Absolutely no reason why John Ross shouldn't at least be returning kicks.  He was an elite return man in college and cant even get on the field for that.  Alex Erickson has already muffed 3 punts and is looking like a slow mo.  Ran 2 end arounds with Erickson and he was too slow to beat the defender to the outside.  Those are plays that should be going to Ross.

Curious why that wasn't Ross on the end arounds isn't it?
Reply/Quote
Ross' fault on that route. Teachable moment. Unfortunately, playing him for only a few snaps and then not letting him play the rest of the game doesn't inspire more 'teachable' moments. Rookies should be defined by great/bad plays, and when you have a guy just practice, he will never learn.

Like teaching someone to drive a stick, or even a car. Great, you can do it in a parking lot, which is meaningless. Get on the street, learn the ins and outs of driving and gain experience.

Where the coaching INCREDIBLY lacks on this team.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
Sounds like you guys trust in the coaching staff still which is comical lol. So he got 7 snaps with one target which could of been illegal contact even if he didn't admit it. You mean to tell me the coaching staff couldn't involve some designed plays for him. I highly doubt it,if he played for kc th they would use him and get him involved somehow. Not our coaching staff. They love thgeir vet Brandon lafell ,I think he's the one who's hurting everyone's chances because all the plays are designed for him and green . Most of the plays are one read designed plays because Dalton doesn't scan the field anyway.hes mainly a one read qb and the offense is so vanilla and basic .
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2017, 07:01 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: You guys kill me. He’s had, what 7 snaps all seasons. Been thrown to twice all year? Nothing about this coaching staff and their history of handling first round draft picks makes me blame Ross. I guarantee he would at least be serviceable with any other coaching staff.

He'd probably be on the ESPN highlights regularly, in Pittsburgh.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 03:38 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Most of the plays are one read designed plays because Dalton doesn't scan the field anyway.hes mainly a one read qb and the offense is so vanilla and basic .

This is something I have noticed since, well, the beginning. He doesn't scan well and always knows where he is going before the ball even gets in his hands. He has scanned somewhat in the past when he knew there was nothing there but not often and when he does he sucks at it. Definitely a weak point for Andy.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 03:38 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Sounds like you guys trust in the coaching staff still which is comical lol.

I despise our coaching staff, but I try to call things fairly.... most of this is on Ross for not being ready. If he can't do it right in practice when there is no pressure, he sure as heck can't do it right in a game. Hence, stopping in the middle of his route....
Reply/Quote
He wasn't ready coming out. He was injured. He played in the defenseless Pac 12. He isn't yet capable of shedding NFL caliber CB's. If all that wasn't enough for him to overcome; he is stuck playing on this dreadful offense.

If a WR can't get open across from AJ Green; it's not a good thing. I wasn't a fan of either of the picks in the first two rounds. That said, he has some skills, so I'm willing to be patient. The way that I see it, this season is a wash/ learning year the rest of the way.
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 03:38 AM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Sounds like you guys trust in the coaching staff still which is comical lol. So he got 7 snaps with one target which could of been illegal contact even if he didn't admit it. You mean to tell me the coaching staff couldn't involve some designed plays for him. I highly doubt it,if he played for kc th they would use him and get him involved somehow. Not our coaching staff. They love thgeir vet Brandon lafell ,I think he's the one who's hurting everyone's chances because all the plays are designed for him and green . Most of the plays are one read designed plays because Dalton doesn't scan the field anyway.hes mainly a one read qb and the offense is so vanilla and basic .

People want it both ways on here.

They want to say that the coaching staff is smart to rest Ross to preserve his career so he can fully recover from his injuries.

Then they want to bash the coaching staff for not playing him much.

The real truth is probably somewhere around the fact that he hasn't adjusted to NFL game speed and NFL level defenders and is struggling to find ways to get open.
Reply/Quote
And, as I've pointed out before....4.2 speed is impressive,  but it's not going to get you separation from a corner that runs 4.3 or 4.4 and can bump you at 5 yds.... he has some learning to do...
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 10:51 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And, as I've pointed out before....4.2 speed is impressive,  but it's not going to get you separation from a corner that runs 4.3 or 4.4 and can bump you at 5 yds.... he has some learning to do...

Accurate. I think people thought he'd just run by everyone.

And as has been said in articles on Bengals.com...he isn't running 4.2 very often now. He's slower for whatever reason.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2017, 01:41 PM)Sled21 Wrote: And what happened yesterday when Ross got in??? He screwed up and stopped in the middle of his route. This is not some Mervin conspiracy to keep him off the field, he isn't ready physically nor mentally.... as much as I'd like to blame Marvin, it's Ross's fault he's not there yet....

At some point, the Bengals need to keep him out there whether he makes a mistake or not.
This coaching staff has been very stubborn about giving youngsters playing time until they dominate in practice.
Some players learn best from doing in real games, not from just practice.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 01:46 PM)ochocincos Wrote: At some point, the Bengals need to keep him out there whether he makes a mistake or not.
This coaching staff has been very stubborn about giving youngsters playing time until they dominate in practice.
Some players learn best from doing in real games, not from just practice.

This may be true, but I can't fault the coaches for playing the best players they have right now and try to win games. And as of right now, JR is not the best player. Now, since the season is all but done, yes, put him in and get him some experience.....
Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 11:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Accurate. I think people thought he'd just run by everyone.

And as has been said in articles on Bengals.com...he isn't running 4.2 very often now. He's slower for whatever reason.

I believe you misunderstood his comment.
He said, "People can line me up all day and tell me to run a 4.22 but after the first one I probably won’t get back to that 4.22. It just depends on how well I condition myself."
What he's meaning is if you keep running someone, they're going to tire out eventually and not be able to achieve that 4.22 every time.
John Ross admitted he needs to build up his endurance so he can run that fast more often. He can still hit (near) that at least on fresh legs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-14-2017, 11:26 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Accurate. I think people thought he'd just run by everyone.

The difference between 4.2 and 4.3 or 4.4 is most likely just coming out of the blocks anyway.... jamming the receiver negates that difference.
Reply/Quote