Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ross expected to debut afterall....
(09-14-2017, 05:17 PM)Benton Wrote: LOL

I've got nothing against Ross. I'm also not automatically enamored, either. 

Same with Ogbeuhi. I hated when we made both picks, but I'll still cheer for the guy, and I'll still hope he contributes. But, just like Og, I'll keep poking fun at the guys who think — without him having played a full game — that he's going to be a living legend.

I was just ribbing you guys there. I read those posts and immediately thought of the player haters.

Fwiw, I hated the Ogbuehi pick too, but I didn't bash him until it was clear he was awful. If/when Ross is missing his 15th game and/or not getting separation in after several games, I'll be right there with ya. I always try to keep an open mind though, until the evidence mounts.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I'm sure he'll get injured.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 05:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Doesn't mean I still didn't think AJ would have caught them lol

Possibly...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I keep saying, if he turns into the next Golden Tate I'd be extremely happy. Nothing more, nothing less.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 05:55 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I keep saying, if he turns into the next Golden Tate I'd be extremely happy.   Nothing more, nothing less.

I'd be happier if he turns into the next Golden Taint.
Reply/Quote
Ross is a deep threat and he needs a QB who can throw over top of defenses down the field and an offensive line that will give the QB time. We have neither of those. He would excel at a place like Pittsburgh.

We're gonna need to run some screens for him. With the proper blocking he'll take it to the house.
Reply/Quote
I just hope we use him right and he stays healthy. I really wanted Cooper Kupp. 2 complete different styles I know, just going to be pretty damn salty if he's injury prone while Kupp lights it up.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 06:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd be happier if he turns into the next Golden Taint.

You've got the Golden one on your Fantasty team this year dont ya? :)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 05:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was just ribbing you guys there. I read those posts and immediately thought of the player haters.

Fwiw, I hated the Ogbuehi pick too, but I didn't bash him until it was clear he was awful. If/when Ross is missing his 15th game and/or not getting separation in after several games, I'll be right there with ya. I always try to keep an open mind though, until the evidence mounts.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ribs. :drool:
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 05:43 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I was just ribbing you guys there. I read those posts and immediately thought of the player haters.

It's early, but I think he will work out. I know PA takes a lot of heat for things, but I think his strong point is he has a pretty good track record of long-term development. I don't think Og will be a top 10 tackle in a couple years, but I do think he will be a serviceable one. 

Just takes patience and piano magic.
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 06:27 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: You've got the Golden one on your Fantasty team this year dont ya?  :)

Do I know you?  There is a guy in our league who always names his team THE GOLDEN TAINTS and makes a point to pick up that guy.  Ha...good guess...er, sorta?
Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 12:20 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Like a broken record....

How are we going to get him the ball deep when the OL doesnt give the QB enough time?

Didn't we (OL) do just fine getting it to Core last week on the fly. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-14-2017, 03:50 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Blah blah blah. I brought the facts and now you're all over the place.  

Yeah and after the Texans game he is leading the league in passing yards, Dalton this year is not playing to those wonderful stats your quoting. Stats don't mean squat, winning is what matters.
Reply/Quote