Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster is in!
(09-03-2016, 06:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: any guesses on our record this year with this roster
I don't see a loss on that schedule.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 06:19 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: any guesses on our record this year with this roster

9-7 if they continue to allow Pitt to goad them.

11-5 if they can ignore it and play them like the Ravens do.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 04:44 PM)jason Wrote: You have to admire their stubborn refusal to end the Margus Hunt project....

I guess he did alright kinda running around out there in preseason.

The fact that he's still here is because there is no one to replace him.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 06:58 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I think it was insane to waive tra carson.now you just watch ,the ravens will jump all over him as they just released their top rb.Now dumb is it to allow them to claim this guy.He is a great rb.If they think he won't be claimed by them,then marv is stupid.They need a rb and they will jump on him big time.to me he is a starter anywhere.I hope they can put him on the practice squad.The stinkin ravens are looking for a rb and I will bet he is their guy.
So who would you cut to bring in Carson?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
[Image: Storer50_1.png]
Reply/Quote
Most people are talking like after these cuts the roster is set. I guarantee you there will be some moves as other clubs make their final cuts. We always seem to pick up a guy late that contributes.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 07:22 PM)Storer50 Wrote: So who would you cut to bring in Carson?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Nobody right now. He's a luxury that we can't afford with all the injuries.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I know many hate the idea, but a top 10 DE in the NFL is available named Greg Hardy. I think our locker room and coaches could control him giving us 3 great DE's to rotate
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
He's crazy.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 05:50 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Don't know how I missed this, but Priority #1 now becomes to get a penetrator FA that can get next to Geno on passing downs.  Hunt only takes up space, and can be blocked by a TE.  This needs addressed as soon as a qualified player is released. 

I think that's DeShawn Williams job now.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 08:38 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I know many hate the idea, but a top 10 DE in the NFL is available named Greg Hardy. I think our locker room and coaches could control him giving us 3 great DE's to rotate

No thanks 
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 07:02 PM)Derrick Wrote: With these injuries piling up, I doubt this. Sad

None of these injuries really seem to be very bad, if this is as bad as it gets then we'll be a very lucky team
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 04:44 PM)jason Wrote: You have to admire their stubborn refusal to end the Margus Hunt project....

I guess he did alright kinda running around out there in preseason.

I mean I guess it is the "style" of this organization. Loyalty. Let mediocre players finish their contract. Sometimes it pays off a little. Maybe Hunt decides he doesn't want his pro-football career to end and finds a way to contribute this year. Time is running out. 

So any guesses on which WR won't dress for games? Wright or Core?

Reply/Quote
The only reason Hunt is still here is the dearth of edge talent we've looked at in recent years. The recent draft and free agent classes did nothing to alleviate that issue. But we can't go into the season with three DEs. End of story.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 10:03 PM)TGISunday Wrote: The only reason Hunt is still here is the dearth of edge talent we've looked at in recent years.  The recent draft and free agent classes did nothing to alleviate that issue.  But we can't go into the season with three DEs. End of story.

What's sad is that we could have signed Freeney. The coaches must just see something awesome in Hunt that us outside observers just can't see for some reason or other. I don't know what it is that they see. No one else seems to see it.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 05:51 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Sims is a Peko and Thompson clone...big and slow.  Need someone that can penetrate on passing downs.  And, no, it isn't Hunt. 

Not sure where you get that from.

Sims is pretty quick for a guy that size, but more importantly he is a quality run stuffer.

Thompson has a VERY quick first step.  His problem is he has never developed moves to go with that get off.

(09-03-2016, 11:15 PM)BengalChris Wrote: What's sad is that we could have signed Freeney. The coaches must just see something awesome in Hunt that us outside observers just can't see for some reason or other. I don't know what it is that they see. No one else seems to see it.

It is common knowledge the coaches wanted Freeney.  Freeney didn't want to take what we offered.
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 07:27 PM)Beaker Wrote: Most people are talking like after these cuts the roster is set. I guarantee you there will be some moves as other clubs make their final cuts. We always seem to pick up a guy late that contributes.

I'm pretty sure it's been said by someone in the FO that the Bengals would be looking this year.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I've always been a fan of Sims.

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 10:03 PM)TGISunday Wrote: The only reason Hunt is still here is the dearth of edge talent we've looked at in recent years.  The recent draft and free agent classes did nothing to alleviate that issue.  But we can't go into the season with three DEs. End of story.

Hunt has been getting in the backfield  a lot. He doesn't have the acceleration to close most times. 

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 11:30 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Not sure where you get that from.

Sims is pretty quick for a guy that size, but more importantly he is a quality run stuffer.

Thompson has a VERY quick first step.  His problem is he has never developed moves to go with that get off.

It is common knowledge the coaches wanted Freeney.  Freeney didn't want to take what we offered.

We could have worked out a deal for Freeney. Hunt's $1,168,077 salary this year and the non-production from him would compensate for the cost of Freeney. IMO

Reply/Quote
(09-03-2016, 06:58 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: I think it was insane to waive tra carson.now you just watch ,the ravens will jump all over him as they just released their top rb.Now dumb is it to allow them to claim this guy.He is a great rb.If they think he won't be claimed by them,then marv is stupid.They need a rb and they will jump on him big time.to me he is a starter anywhere.I hope they can put him on the practice squad.The stinkin ravens are looking for a rb and I will bet he is their guy.

How can you say he is a great rb, he never played against a 1st team defense, most of the time he was against 2/3 team defense... it is not like they cut Hill or Gio.  come on man
Reply/Quote