Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roster moves..CB signed
(09-16-2016, 12:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just for clarification, we won the division in 2015 and Steelers were a wild card so I believe the Steelers had the waiver pick before us and passed. I read it somewhere else. Maybe someone else can confirm either way.

I thought playoff wins played into that, similar to the draft. For playoff teams, draft order (and I'm assuming waiver order) is determined by playoff outcomes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2016, 05:52 PM)pally Wrote: considering how far back we are in the waiver claim list, a lot of bad teams with CB needs passed on them....reason to be nervous

to be fair, some of the bad teams don't want to admit they are bad yet and want to find out for sure what they have in their current guys.
Hopefully this works out in favor of the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 01:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I thought playoff wins played into that, similar to the draft. For playoff teams, draft order (and I'm assuming waiver order) is determined by playoff outcomes.

I just read it and it appears it is draft order which means Steelers are behind us in the waiver order. I think you are correct Shake and what I read must have been wrong.   ThumbsUp
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 02:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just read it and it appears it is draft order which means Steelers are behind us in the waiver order.

I saw the same thing you did yesterday. Someone trying to claim the steelers passed on him. I think that was on pft. If it was them they changed it. Cant find it anymore. 
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 01:27 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I thought playoff wins played into that, similar to the draft. For playoff teams, draft order (and I'm assuming waiver order) is determined by playoff outcomes.

it is once in the playoffs regular season wins-losses don't matter for teams 21-32 in the draft its based on when they get eliminated from the playoffs.

I don't know what determines who goes first at that point as 4 teams get eliminated the first weekend.

So whats the real reason this guy got cut anyone know? just outplayed? hit on the coaches daughter? troubled past?
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 02:26 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I just read it and it appears it is draft order which means Steelers are behind us in the waiver order.

Thought so and then Hobson said the Steelers passed on him, don't know what is up.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 03:13 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought so and then Hobson said the Steelers passed on him, don't know what is up.

Ah. So thats where it was. I knew i saw it somewhere
Reply/Quote
The Steelers traded for Justin Gilbert, so they may not want another CB right now.
Reply/Quote
One other thing you have to remember, by claiming him we picked up his contract. At this point in the year not all teams had funds available to pick it up as they are already working on extensions and such.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 03:39 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ah. So thats where it was. I knew i saw it somewhere

Yeah, lot of confusion going on here, just happy we got this guy. Lots of talent.

(09-16-2016, 03:50 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: The Steelers traded for Justin Gilbert, so they may not want another CB right now.

(09-16-2016, 03:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: One other thing you have to remember, by claiming him we picked up his contract. At this point in the year not all teams had funds available to pick it up as they are already working on extensions and such.

Thanks for the information, makes sense.

Steelers got Gilbert from the Browns eh, don't like it. Gilbert is a pretty good player and a Returner as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for the information, makes sense.

Steelers got Gilbert from the Browns eh, don't like it. Gilbert is a pretty good player and a Returner as well.

Gilbert has played terribly since coming into the league.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 04:34 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Gilbert has played terribly since coming into the league.

right the browns need every good player they can get and they parted ways with gilbert cheap....    
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 05:11 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: right the browns need every good player they can get and they parted ways with gilbert cheap....    

So what does that say to us about signing Dansby?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 12:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So what does that say to us about signing Dansby?

nothing.. Dansby is a different name than Gilbert
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2016, 12:50 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Just for clarification, we won the division in 2015 and Steelers were a wild card so I believe the Steelers had the waiver pick before us and passed. I read it somewhere else. Maybe someone else can confirm either way.

You didn't read the link or the quoted text. The waiver wire order through the first 3 games is the same as the draft order. We drafted ahead of the Squeelers, therefore we claim ahead of the Squeelers.

The order will change after week 3 to match team records.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 12:24 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: nothing.. Dansby is a different name than Gilbert

True, but the statement was that the Browns need every good player they can get, but the Browns let him go.  This is implying that players the Browns get rid of aren't good.

That logic will then imply that Dansby is also not good, as the Browns moved on from him as well.

In reality, Dansby is a good player, so there is still a possibility that Gilbert can be a good player, despite Cleveland trading him.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 11:21 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: True, but the statement was that the Browns need every good player they can get, but the Browns let him go.  This is implying that players the Browns get rid of aren't good.

That logic will then imply that Dansby is also not good, as the Browns moved on from him as well.

In reality, Dansby is a good player, so there is still a possibility that Gilbert can be a good player, despite Cleveland trading him.

perfect line for this about Gilbert "potential" which means "you have done nothing yet".. Dansby has proven he has been a good player.. there is zero comparison in Dansby and Gilbert leaving Cleveland
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 11:43 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: perfect line for this about Gilbert "potential" which means "you have done nothing yet".. Dansby has proven he has been a good player.. there is zero comparison in Dansby and Gilbert leaving Cleveland

But there is in that original logic, Cleveland needs all the good players they can get, therefore someone jettisoned from Cleveland is not a good player.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2016, 12:11 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: So what does that say to us about signing Dansby?

Dansby was old and the Browns are (re)building for the future. 

By the time they're competitive Dansby will be retired.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2016, 12:11 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: Dansby was old and the Browns are (re)building for the future. 

By the time they're competitive Dansby will be retired.

Which probably means at the end of this year.  Good, bad or indifferent, I feel that this is Dansby's last hurrah!  Make it count!!
Reply/Quote